Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of an Era

Nightclub Owner

End of an Era

I know 'I'm quitting' and/or 'goodbye' posts can be lame, but I didn't want to leave without having an opportunity to say something to the lovely people I've met here. I've been playing DS for over 8 years, and it had become more than a game to me, it has been my single biggest recreation and near obsession. I have spread sheets and charts dedicated to the upkeep of my island and its inhabitants. I have timers on my phone and scheduled tasks in my calendar for items that I need to complete. I have an actual scaled map on a large poster board that I created in order to optimize my islands' layout. But over the last couple of years playing this game has actually felt like being in a bad marriage. The joy and fun have finally and completely ran out for me. Lack of space, overwhelming amounts of content issuance, never ceasing events that sometimes overlap onto the next event. All of that combined with constant bugs and issues (connectivity problems, crashes, rollbacks, etc.) It's finally been too much for me. Not being able to log in for the last 4 days has made me see the clear writing on the wall; it's time for me to leave.

Unfortunately, I am unable to log in so I can't delete my neighbors so there will be some folks that continue to send me requests that I will not be able to complete. Also, I hope those fine folks that I've traded Gold with over the years find new trade partners. To all the community members and Mods here, I'd like to thank you for accepting me as part of the community all this time and I will miss you. It has been and will continue to be an adjustment to remove this huge part of my life, but I feel I'll be much better off for it.

Paul__: hopefully you or another member can take over the "Directionals Habitats" thread.

Goodbye and good luck to all still here plugging away. It's been an honor.

Sincerely,
    amerirish (Amer Island)
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Amerirish…the community will dearly miss you and all your contributions over the years,Like you I have been playing for 8 years.You are right about the game not being fun anymore. I was unable to get in one day, but was determined to get back, I managed to be able to log in using the Arctic Isles, it was pure luck it worked and I now forget exactly how I did it but it worked and I have been able to get back in ever since,But I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and have it happen again and maybe for good
    Its only the great people that I have made contact with on the game that keeps me going.
    Take care and good luck in the future.

Executive Chef
    I'm so sorry to hear this Amerirish. You've always been a wealth of information and a pleasure to talk to. I know that your game meant a great deal to you, so I'm sorry that you have to give it up, and you can't even go back in to visit your pets due to the connectivity issues. That would really make me sad.

I know this doesn't help any, but I want to add that I don't understand why the Dragon Story team cares so little for this game when the Castle Story team is very responsive and helpful.

Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors, and you're right - your life might just be better off without DS. I know I waste entire weekends playing my 4 accounts and get so mad at myself for not doing something more meaningful. Hopefully you find another hobby or source of entertainment that brings you much joy!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Very sorry to read this but fully understand why you are leaving DS. I agree that it is getting to be a chore, too predictable and unreliable.all the best for the future
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Rhino Keeper
    This notes from ur nghbr happy place who can't post here anymore... so sorry ur leaving but understand completely but maybe u can try logging in here n there, see if it works, as another has said, to visit ur babies.
    The game frustrates me alot n i too spend too much time but would miss it if i couldn't play. So, so sorry u r in that situation.
    But enjoy the new found freedom u get, you will b missed.

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry to hear. Ive been playing causally since around very end of 2013, back when there weren't all of the different dragons and it was a much simpler yet more reliable game. Many old players have left. I have dropped over 300 players who don't play anymore, with 200 recently. Many level 200s that stopped playing around 2019/20. Once I get all of my habitats converted to 5 dragon then I'm done. All the best.

Executive Chef
    I am sorry that you have finally decided to quit. I have been playing since there was a cap of 30 habitats and only 1 new dragon a week. Over the years I have spent hours on this game. I am so bored of the format and the constant identical events. The only reason I am still playing is that I have set myself the challenge of getting all my dragons to epic. Once I have done this, I too will quit. Such a shame. The developers seem to have taken the lazy easy route of alternating between 2 types of events with an occasional 3rd. I now only do the leaderboard to win apples.

Good luck Amerish I will miss your posts on the forum.

Fashion Designer
    Amerish - GoodBye & GoodLuck!

Farm Supplier
    Good Luck , Amerish .)

Executive Chef
    I?ll miss your helpful posts and great attitude. This game is a sad shadow of what it was back when we?d have tournament threads that went on for 30 pages! It?s really more of a destructive addiction at this point, and not even rewarding anymore. I quit for about a year before, and after the withdrawal wears off, it?s quite liberating. Good luck and happy trails! �

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast