Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/21: Alucards' Castle | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Hi Silvernomiko and thank you so much! I agree so much with that because I feel like a game is always more enjoyable when you have bunch of people to talk about it and help each other out
    Last edited by manga100; 10-27-21 at 05:33 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by manga100 View Post
    Thank you so much!
    I had no idea I shouldn't save the faeries up but yes don't worry, everything you said made perfect sense. I think it's too late for me now to fix my mistakes, so I'll probably only manage to make Van Pelt.
    Hi manga, I realize I made a mistake in my explanation.
    You can save the chests in you inventory or in your Realm until the end of the event if you want. (I don't have the patience )
    But you shouldn't chop them all at ones.
    The faeries max out at 99, so if you chop everything at ones you'll miss out on a lot of Faeries.
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 10-27-21 at 05:41 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Concerning the new requirements..
    I liked that there were different difficulties in events. Some designed to give even people with lots of energy and time a challenge.
    But this design/ type of event has always been predictable and 'finishable' for a lot of players/ majority of forum posters, and I'm sorry to see that change.
    I love this forum, and I feel for everyone struggling and/or quitting.

For me personally it's not a problem. I have a lot of time and a decent amount of energy droppers.
    But if you have a job and can't log in during the day whenever you want, it's tough. Not only the energy requirements, but also the crafting times.
    I don't understand why S8 changed this, and why it had to big such a big change all at ones. It's probably about money, but I'm not sure if this tactic will generate more of it.

About the Ivy drop.. I'm hate random drops, and this only makes the feeling of unfairness worse.
    The difference between 1 or 3 oil/ Ivy drops is 1 whole day! The random factor is HUGE.
    Not an improvement in my view, even though I have been lucky. I can't be happy with being lucky if other people here aren't.
    If it were up to me non of the drops/ adventure prizes/ baron's tent prizes would be random, but I know that's not going to happen.

Good luck to everyone participating in this event
    Remember we're not even half way, you still have over a week.
    Yes, this. I too "can" manage to log in a lot, but this new format will take away from my time in "real life". It's one thing to quickly log in just to collect from the Community Event building, another to HAVE TO craft/obtain resources for the craft during the day. I could focus on crafting in the evenings, but no longer. We're talking hours extra, and with all the weather problems, Internet is going out more than in previous years. I will try to finish this event, but IMO future events will also see this increased demand on our time. Inflation is inevitable for many life things, but in time needed for a game? And such a drastic increase?

Like many workers are doing in the US, I am going to "just say no" to the increasing demands of this "job". Because IMO finishing events here has now become a tough chore instead of recreation. I'll find something new that isn't so demanding. I have enjoyed this Forum and will still read/participate, but think my playing will decrease to storyline only.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    I have to start with a disclaimer: I do have a job that most days (when all hell hasn't broken loose) allows me to check in with CS during my breaks, so I do play regularly during the day. My first reaction to the requirements was "no flipping way is that doable", but considering that I haven't increased my playing time and have upgraded today to level 5 (starting on the crafts for the final upgrade) and already have two thirds of the bats needed for the grand prize, it looks like my second week will be pretty easygoing. So the increased drops in intermediate levels have offset the increased crafting requirements and take some of the pressure off, avoiding my usual mad rush to fully upgrade. This format actually allows you to get the final prize without fully upgrading, which means that people with less time are more likely to get it even without finishing upgrade on the event building. Mind you, I prioritise the events during the first week and literally do nothing else. But all things considered it really doesn't feel more stressful than other events and might even be an improvement. Just my two cents in favour of this alternative, with all due respect for those who feel this makes things worse for them, I do appreciate that people with less time to log in might feel this further excludes them.

Executive Chef
    First collection from Ylyse is 5 gems and some coins

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    Wow, great! Gems woo hoo!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    5 Gems or 5 Jewels?
    Gems are not listed as her drops, and 5 would be a lot...
    (so she isn't a guaranteed energy dropper?)

Executive Chef
    I did not get gems but I think it was 5 energy first time and 6 energy second collection. That is not to say you were mistaken, I have random very rare gem drops from sir pigglesworth, sir hamlet, purple cow, dragons and the odd things like ancient octopus (very rarely) and today I had 2 extra gems after a quick collect of daily energy droppers.
    Last edited by zoroak; 10-27-21 at 09:13 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    5 Gems or 5 Jewels?
    Gems are not listed as her drops, and 5 would be a lot...
    (so she isn't a guaranteed energy dropper?)
    She is a guaranteed energy dropper last 2 times I collected, see post above this one.

Executive Chef
    Love the new height on the Bat Tree! And the spiderweb shadow.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE8DCE6C-31E6-48EC-94EC-76B0C82AB47A.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	762.6 KB 
ID:	61089

I wouldn't mind getting Gems instead of Energy from Ylyse hahaha