Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/21: Alucards' Castle | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    I'm having trouble spawning Van Pelt.
    That's six bloodberry bushes, lots of fangbeasts and skunkupines, no Van Pelt.

Edit
    Never mind.
    I found him lurking around the farmhouses. Must have missed a hint somewhere.
    At least I got a few fangbeasts.
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 10-21-21 at 08:15 PM.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    By the way, farmhouses spawn Van Pelt. I'm not following how his name ties in story wise.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow. The requirements seem intense. I?m now regretting spending $15 on value packs and blowing through a ton of energy. How are extra Ivy drops helpful when we need to make almost double the amount of crafts? It ends up being virtually the same thing, just even more babysitting of the mines and endless chopping. Eh, I guess I need to learn more patience and wait a day to start events so I can lurk around the forum first.

I don’t see how completing this event without stored energy would even be possible. Would it? I am terrible at math
    Last edited by RobinCradles; 10-21-21 at 10:43 PM.

Love the artwork (esp the castle) but sitting out - event fatigue, plain and simple. Needing to babysit game so much after an intensive timed storyline just too much. Not even a guaranteed energy or trade ticket dropper could get me in right now! Glad candy leaf drops sorted for willows, and good to have trees be relevant for the event.

A tip to those who really love the blood berry bushes like myself... to buy a whole bunch and put into storage immediately, whether or not you get them out immediately or not, so you can use them as deco whenever you want. They are SO pretty! I bought 99 of them! : ) If you are doing the event make sure to replenish your stored stock! : )

Every event I look for collectible deco like this and most events max out on allowable purchase because the art work is so lush. Thanks, S8! : )
    Last edited by AmberWillowWinter; 10-21-21 at 11:37 PM. Reason: More to share

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    By the way, farmhouses spawn Van Pelt. I'm not following how his name ties in story wise.
    I guess he’s a vampire hunter like Van Helsing? Also, Van Pelt is a hunter character in Jumanji.
    Last edited by zoroak; 10-22-21 at 11:35 PM.

Executive Chef
    The upgrade requirements for this event is brutal! The sparkling mine drops of silver rods are going to be a big issue since drops are not guaranteed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberWillowWinter View Post

A tip to those who really love the blood berry bushes like myself... to buy a whole bunch and put into storage immediately, whether or not you get them out immediately or not, so you can use them as deco whenever you want. They are SO pretty! I bought 99 of them! : ) If you are doing the event make sure to replenish your stored stock! : )

Every event I look for collectible deco like this and most events max out on allowable purchase because the art work is so lush. Thanks, S8! : )
    I also bought a bunch. I figure they will look like cute holly berry bushes for Christmas. The chance to store extra of the choppables to decorate my kingdom with later is always appreciated. I always wish I had known this earlier, but at least I know now. The artwork from S8 is so beautiful. It is nice to be able to keep it!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I'm having trouble spawning Van Pelt.
    That's six bloodberry bushes, lots of fangbeasts and skunkupines, no Van Pelt.

Edit
    Never mind.
    I found him lurking around the farmhouses. Must have missed a hint somewhere.
    At least I got a few fangbeasts.
    You thought he was at the bushes because the dialogue at the time of his introduction mentioned a new monster in the bushes. Nothing mentioned farmhouses.

I know this because I (thought) I had prechopped all the berries and finished the fangbeasts, then a new monster in the bushes was mentioned. Instead it was van pelt at the farmhouses.

This is VERY energy intensive. I've used 3000 energy and still need half the sap, most of the feathers, Ivy, mushrooms, Van Pelt and sparkling minds.

Those without stored energy really need to do the math before continuing. The mines are as stingy as ever and so far 3 adventures haven't given me the Ivy or mines drop.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Ok, this is too much for me. I don't understand why the increase. Usually I understand risk/difficulty=reward but I don't think I do on this one. Even if this gave scrolls I wouldn't do it as it's just too much. I'm stopping.. Good luck to those continuing.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 10-22-21 at 05:58 AM.

Executive Chef
    I was overly ambitious when I started this event. I was growing aspens for that brew because at last I was getting fangbeasts. Then I decided to collect from my red mushroom circles just to get that part done. Then I decided to grow willow trees to see if I could get any of that done. And I was just driving myself crazy.
    So I have trimmed way back on these chores. I laboriously transported my willows over the water to my island. Those will remain on the back burner. And I'm going to just grow a small amount of aspens to maybe keep one brew going.
    Anyways, I guess I'm trying to say, maybe if you break it down some, it might seem more doable.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast