Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/21: Alucards' Castle | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Some guesses where the "Van Pelt" came from....

Van Helsing is a famous fictional vampire slayer in movies who looks a lot like the Van Pelt character here as played in 2004 by Hugh Jackman. The earlier mention of this vampire hunter "Abraham Van Helsing", who showed up in the late 1800's novel Dracula, and was urbane, sophisticated, very well educated, etc. funnily enough looks more like Alucard here, based on the original 1931 movie! Additionally, there is also a character from the Peanuts cartoon series named Linus Van Pelt, who believed that every Halloween, similar to Santa Claus, "The Great Pumpkin" would arise from a pumpkin patch flying around the world bringing toys to kids. So IMO there's a few subtle takes on vampire/Halloween popular culture going on this event!

It looks like in this new, more energy intensive Community Event script, it is the Sparkling Mine that is the big bottleneck. Ivy may be generous now, but the mines aren't! And those mine drops weren't included in the Value Pack, and haven't dropped generously from the event Adventure.

I too am unhappy with the new requirements. I spent a lot of time & some $$ to get to where I could generally finish a community event by Monday night, giving me either a full blown break or time to leisurely work on my setup. I happily spent $$ to get my accounts there. Now it looks like I will have to dog it through event end. I won't be doing events much if this trend continues. Which likely means S8 won't get $ from Value Packs I purchase for events that I want to finish but am pressed for time.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 10-22-21 at 11:09 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, I didn?t realize that Linus? last name was Van Pelt! Now I get the earlier references to Linus.

Wow, if so many people are saying this is too energy intensive for them, I know it will be for me, too.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    We've made some adjustments to this event's tuning that should hopefully keep the event challenging but enjoyable.
    Yes Ivy might drop more but we need sooooo many more. Other events we have needed 22 items on some, slightly less on others. This time we need 37 of each and more of the drops from the vampire hunter. Not sure that we are better off. Given that there (for me) are two concurrent storylines, plus this event, i was hoping to be able to get it completed a little early.

Farm Supplier
    Suddenly my drained bloodberries are called open bloodberries and I only have 4 after actually collecting 6. Also, my upgrade screen says the gems come from open Van Pelt. I don't think these changes were intended.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    Ok, this is too much for me. I don't understand why the increase. Usually I understand risk/difficulty=reward but I don't think I do on this one. Even if this gave scrolls I wouldn't do it as it's just too much. I'm stopping.. Good luck to those continuing.
    I recommend if nothing else, do the 3 chests a day to craft the items in the faerie atrium. Van Pelt is a very nice 3rd prize.

Also, my 3rd milestone is 150 bats. (In previous events, this would be 350 bats.) So even if you can’t craft everything and upgrade the castle, I am going to guess you can get the bride. Hopefully, she will be an energy dropper.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi! I find the large increase in the building supplies needed to upgrade to level 6 for this event is out-of-line. Normally, we need 21 of each building item for all levels. Now we will 37 of each building item to fully upgrade the castle to level 6.

I hope that S8 reconsiders this.
    Why did they do this?

Thanks for reading my post.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    Oh, I didn?t realize that Linus? last name was Van Pelt! Now I get the earlier references to Linus.

Wow, if so many people are saying this is too energy intensive for them, I know it will be for me, too.
    If you have one of the "lucky" accounts, it may not be so bad.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by XmasCraft View Post
    Suddenly my drained bloodberries are called open bloodberries and I only have 4 after actually collecting 6. Also, my upgrade screen says the gems come from open Van Pelt. I don't think these changes were intended.
    I liked the image from the name "drained bloodberries", plus it made more sense. What on earth is an "open bloodberry"? As opposed to a "closed bloodberry"? SMH

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    I recommend if nothing else, do the 3 chests a day to craft the items in the faerie atrium. Van Pelt is a very nice 3rd prize.

Also, my 3rd milestone is 150 bats. (In previous events, this would be 350 bats.) So even if you can?t craft everything and upgrade the castle, I am going to guess you can get the bride. Hopefully, she will be an energy dropper.
    I think it will take upgrading the building to get the bride. I don't think you can get her without that. That is the part I think is too much. Maybe they put the hard one for this event and will have easier events for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks as they are busy times for a lot of people.

I may do some of the faerie atrium prizes.

Sofia I love the stuff you find out and post. I knew about Van Helsing movie, but not the rest.

Executive Chef
    S8, the Bloodberry Tree is minuscule when put next to the other trees. It would be fantastic if it was made a bit larger to fit in with the other trees. Thanks for your consideration.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast