Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/21: Alucards' Castle | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by manga100 View Post
    Finally managed to sign up here so this is my first post ever, but I've been lurking on here for many years. This forum is so helpful when it comes to events and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who have contributed to that

And more related to this thread, I really don't have the energy to play this event through. I downloaded this game again back in September and I'm so far behind I feel like, considering my level and years of playing prior. I also have so many goals I need to go through and I want to focus more on them. I'm gonna try my best to get Van Pelt or the Vampire Bat or Tree.

Good luck to everyone else who's participating
    Hi manga! Welcome to the forum
    If you get all 3 faerie chests every day of the event you should (normally) be able to craft all 3 Faerie Atrium prizes.
    The last prize (Van Pelt) requires 70 of the golden faeries. To collect those, you need almost the entire 14 days.
    In the mean while, you can get the other 2 crafts (tree + bat). But you have to craft them when you have the required faeries, not save them all up.
    If you save everything up and start crafting stuff at the end, you can only craft 1 of the 3, because you'll run out of the easy to get faeries.(purple, green and blue)
    If you craft the Tree or Bat and then the other one ones you have the faeries needed, you will have enough for the final craft ones you finally have all the golden faeries.
    I hope this makes sense,..

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I think it's doable IF you can log in a lot, and aren't unlucky. If you can't play much during the workday, probably won't make it unless you devote both weekends to logging in every 2 hours for 12 hours! People who can only log in first thing AM, at lunch, and 3-4 times in the evening will have a tough time if their account is unlucky. I have been playing nonstop so far because I have been stuck in bed ill, and already there is a 100-bat difference between my "unlucky" account and my "luckier" one. My "unlucky" one had the first few days with single drops from Ivy, so this gap may continue to grow. As well as not getting drops from the mines even though I have been collecting roughly every 3 hours, 4-5 times a day.

Using the old format, I sometimes just squeaked by collecting the final prize and I don't have a job where I can't manage to log in every 2-3 hours to at least collect from the event building towards the final prize. For people who can't collect throughout the day, I think it will be extremely difficult, even with the more generous drop rate. Not to mention *13* 2-hours crafts for the last 2 building upgrades.

We'll see as people report back.
    Oh yeah, I'm in that category. If I can get my game to load on my phone, *maybe* I can log in on lunch (it'll usually take like 20min to load after purging Memory, etc.). So I usually get my before work time, *maybe* lunch, and after work time. I usually squeak in at the end of events. Especially when it comes to regularly checking for a dropped resources for community goals, those can be so tough at times! But I pretty much still try as best I can to see how far I get in the event. I've had lucky Ivy Hut drops so far, now I'm just sitting on needing to hit all those bloodberry bushes! Just to show people different pacing, I'm just now at 248 bats.

If ya'll happen to have any Academy quests available, now seems a good time to burn 5 min unlimited energy!

Oh, and hi manga! Welcome! I actually was talking to coworkers that this forum is partially why I keep playing this game. Everyone is so helpful, it's just a positive little slice of internet community.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Bat tree issue resolved

The tree is now tendable and not an item that will be chopped. The size is now also bigger too.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I just got to the final goal and have recorded the dialogue for you on page 1 (in the goals section) as it's funny and worth reading if you're interested. Given lots of posts are about stopping, or maybe you didn't participate at all, I didn't want you to miss out on knowing how the story ends. I'll add anything else that might come. Have to say, I kinda feel sorry for the Baron... just a little!

Fashion Designer
    It is bigger!

Before:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54BCFB9E-3C4F-417A-A4D9-1864DF37F6E6.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	61070

After:

Name:	E722EE6B-8C9C-4DDF-A7BF-B16F8586D21A.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	61071
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 10-25-21 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Just needed to store it for the timer

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I just got to the final goal and have recorded the dialogue for you on page 1 (in the goals section) as it's funny and worth reading if you're interested. Given lots of posts are about stopping, or maybe you didn't participate at all, I didn't want you to miss out on knowing how the story ends. I'll add anything else that might come. Have to say, I kinda feel sorry for the Baron... just a little!
    That dialogue made me laugh this morning . It was unexpected to hear that from Ruler and then the way Ivy just played along with Ruler. Anyways, I thought it was funny. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    It is bigger! But there is no timer, it is just decoration.

Before:

Name:	54BCFB9E-3C4F-417A-A4D9-1864DF37F6E6.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	61070

After:

Name:	E722EE6B-8C9C-4DDF-A7BF-B16F8586D21A.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	61071
    Mine has a timer. Can't remember what it said this afternoon but the timer has 1 hour & 20 minutes now.
    Maybe put your tree in storage & pull it back out to see if you get the timer.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Thanks! That worked. My tree has a 4 hour timer.

Also, wanna celebrate… I just got all of the bloodberries needed for Level 5. I am just waiting on Ivy now. (POTP for Ivy drops)
    Then it will be onto Level 6 resources, but so far so good.

Executive Chef
    Hunson has a 22 hour timer.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Hi manga! Welcome to the forum
    If you get all 3 faerie chests every day of the event you should (normally) be able to craft all 3 Faerie Atrium prizes.
    The last prize (Van Pelt) requires 70 of the golden faeries. To collect those, you need almost the entire 14 days.
    In the mean while, you can get the other 2 crafts (tree + bat). But you have to craft them when you have the required faeries, not save them all up.
    If you save everything up and start crafting stuff at the end, you can only craft 1 of the 3, because you'll run out of the easy to get faeries.(purple, green and blue)
    If you craft the Tree or Bat and then the other one ones you have the faeries needed, you will have enough for the final craft ones you finally have all the golden faeries.
    I hope this makes sense,..
    Welcome to the forum, Manga.

I am still not going to push to finish the castle. I do believe the event difficulty level was set too high. But I am working on the faerie atrium rewards. It occurred to me that we may need to get the faerie chest reward half way through the community tiers to get Van Pelt. I'm not good with math but I am thinking it may be needed to upgrade the castle a time or two as that gives more bats towards getting that chest. I wanted to mention this in case others like me were just working n the faerie atrium.

The spider web in the bat tree makes a shadow, which is a very nice detail from the art department. I'm happy they increased the tree but I think it would look nice even larger.