Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: royal wedding restaurantstory celebration!

Executive Chef
    I should clarify: my gripe is with American media. I realize Brits are overjoyed about a prince getting married (I don't understand why, but I realize it). I and most people I talk to don't understand why we have to hear about this wedding 10 times a day.

It's akward because, I know I don't care, but then the media shoves it down my throat all week, so I feel like the kid on the outside of the inside joke, wondering why everyone gets what the buzz is about except for me.

I really would like to hear from other Americans, whether you cared about the wedding, woke up to watch it, or if you're glad its finally over like I am.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai4111 View Post
    I should clarify: my gripe is with American media. I realize Brits are overjoyed about a prince getting married (I don't understand why, but I realize it). I and most people I talk to don't understand why we have to hear about this wedding 10 times a day.

It's akward because, I know I don't care, but then the media shoves it down my throat all week, so I feel like the kid on the outside of the inside joke, wondering why everyone gets what the buzz is about except for me.

I really would like to hear from other Americans, whether you cared about the wedding, woke up to watch it, or if you're glad its finally over like I am.
    Well, that makes it slightly more understandable. You should be glad that you're not watching the BBC if you complain about it being 10 times a day. It's all BBC News are talking about. Let me tell you why we are overjoyed: the monarchy represents a huge, and I really mean huge part of our history. Diana was part of it. She died, tragically. She was HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge's mother. We are overjoyed to see happiness return to the family and our traditional Royal Weddings. More than anything, we are happy about the couple's happiness, but are mainly more interested in Diana's tragic story.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Well, that makes it slightly more understandable. You should be glad that you're not watching the BBC if you complain about it being 10 times a day. It's all BBC News are talking about. Let me tell you why we are overjoyed: the monarchy represents a huge, and I really mean huge part of our history. Diana was part of it. She died, tragically. She was HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge's mother. We are overjoyed to see happiness return to the family and our traditional Royal Weddings. More than anything, we are happy about the couple's happiness, but are mainly more interested in Diana's tragic story.
    Like I said, that makes sense, you're in England, it's an English thing. I'm in America, it's more of a novelty here, but enough Americans are entertained by novelty that it is all over the news, especially entertainment television, and that's kinda unfortunate.

Anyway, this whole topic has nothing to do with Restaurant Story so let's just call a truce and let it fall off page 1.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai4111 View Post
    Like I said, that makes sense, you're in England, it's an English thing. I'm in America, it's more of a novelty here, but enough Americans are entertained by novelty that it is all over the news, especially entertainment television, and that's kinda unfortunate.

Anyway, this whole topic has nothing to do with Restaurant Story so let's just call a truce and let it fall off page 1.
    Fair enough. I wasn't quite sure where to put it : Off-Topic? No, RS is TL related. Gen. TL? No, just RS! RS Discussion was the only place I could think of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12