Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Web of Fries - 2021 Oct 14 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    We need a new Halloween crate in restaurant story.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's a single 4x4 deco.

What I find interesting is if you look closely at each of the smaller items that are included in the one large deco, they're very familiar to the game. To my eye's first glance, it looks like they've grouped older decos together (Coffin Bookshelf, Mad Scientist, etc) to create a new one. Not sure if I'm loving this or not....
    I'm not It just seems lazy and honestly, quite insulting to players to have to make them work for these items again. "Hey, we released these items all separately in previous years, but now you get to work through all these goals to get them a second time! And just as a bonus, this time they're all bunched together and can't be arranged separately! And you'll have to pay collectively more gems than the items cost individually if you want a duplicate!"

It also doesn't help that, in this particular instance, the items don't even seem like they go together well:

Quote Originally Posted by edwinarca87 View Post
    Its so funny that the mad scientist has a boiling witch cauldron is he a scientist by day and witch by night? LoL
    Maybe I'm being snarky, but this feels like something went wrong pre-update (maybe there was an different final prize that had to be scrapped), and instead of communicating to the players about it or exploring other options (recoloring a previous prize, a la the Pizza Tosser; or borrowing and recoloring a prize from Bakery, for example, as had been done a couple of years ago), they just decided to slap together some items without any regard for how well they go together and call it a day.

To be clear: I'm not against recycling content in general - assets have been reused before for floor decor in the past, and when it's done with care and attention to quality (see example in spoiler below), I'm fine. I even like seeing in-game recipes or tables/chairs used in a floor decor display - I think it's a nice touch that adds back to the game.

Spoiler: show

Example of reused assets in floor decorations:

Autumn Party, a 2nd Place Prize from the Autumn Gift Box

Holiday Cheer Bistro, a 2nd Place Prize from the Sleigh Crate

In both of these, the same table has been used and a couple of characters/face templates have also been duplicated. But there's enough difference where it doesn't feel completely stale.

But this is lazy. And I am tired of seeing this in Restaurant Story. So, so tired.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

I sent out parts request like always as soon as the goal dropped, but I have not received any of the Mad Bulbs. Has anyone else had this problem?

Small dishes on trays yet again

I'm tired of these small dishes on trays! I want to cook good looking beautiful dishes and this is all I get~ was so looking forward to this and even in Bakery story **
    Last edited by restaurantwilla; 11-02-23 at 10:04 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'm not It just seems lazy and honestly, quite insulting to players to have to make them work for these items again. "Hey, we released these items all separately in previous years, but now you get to work through all these goals to get them a second time! And just as a bonus, this time they're all bunched together and can't be arranged separately! And you'll have to pay collectively more gems than the items cost individually if you want a duplicate!"

It also doesn't help that, in this particular instance, the items don't even seem like they go together well:

Maybe I'm being snarky, but this feels like something went wrong pre-update (maybe there was an different final prize that had to be scrapped), and instead of communicating to the players about it or exploring other options (recoloring a previous prize, a la the Pizza Tosser; or borrowing and recoloring a prize from Bakery, for example, as had been done a couple of years ago), they just decided to slap together some items without any regard for how well they go together and call it a day.

To be clear: I'm not against recycling content in general - assets have been reused before for floor decor in the past, and when it's done with care and attention to quality (see example in spoiler below), I'm fine. I even like seeing in-game recipes or tables/chairs used in a floor decor display - I think it's a nice touch that adds back to the game.

Spoiler: show

Example of reused assets in floor decorations:

Autumn Party, a 2nd Place Prize from the Autumn Gift Box

Holiday Cheer Bistro, a 2nd Place Prize from the Sleigh Crate

In both of these, the same table has been used and a couple of characters/face templates have also been duplicated. But there's enough difference where it doesn't feel completely stale.

But this is lazy. And I am tired of seeing this in Restaurant Story. So, so tired.
    Just curious Is this something you can discuss with the team for change? Or don’t they entertain changes of this magnitude?

Rhino Keeper
    It's a single 4x4 deco.

What I find interesting is if you look closely at each of the smaller items that are included in the one large deco, they're very familiar to the game. To my eye's first glance, it looks like they've grouped older decos together (Coffin Bookshelf, Mad Scientist, etc) to create a new one. Not sure if I'm loving this or not....
    I am not a fan. I have at least three of those items in either RS or BS and I like them very much, but throwing them into a grouping like that - nope! May as well have made a Halloween fountain.

This is decent as a goal goes, I guess, but not great and not good at all for me. I may do the second appliance for recipes or may not, but this goal is not a great one for me.

Should I even bother complaining about tiny food (no).

Rhino Keeper
    I wish the monster ghetti was in a scary pot with eyes with a spoon shaped like a scary arm. Why the small plates? You can’t even see the dish. No one is listening regarding the small plates. I was hoping for some Halloween cookies.
    Last edited by MamaFoodie; 10-15-21 at 02:40 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Dark Octopus:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS Cntr Dsp - Dark Octopus - Ovenstein.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	60971
    Look how small the plates are.

Rhino Keeper
    I forgot to say...

The collectibles are adorable and I like the spooky goal card announcer-cartoon people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast