Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/14: The Candy Kingdom (main story) | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I'm assuming part two must be started to get candy leaves. I'm still on part one, but once done will probably wait a little before starting the second part so I can continue crafting candy swords.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    It is way after, when you need the Candied Leaves for the Expansion to the Caramel Apple Castle. I think I will stop chopping the Willow Trees. Most of them are giving nothing. Between growing them and chopping them, it is a waste of time and energy. I can accept poor drops, but to have no drops of the Candied Leaves from so many Willows is ridiculous. This needs to be looked at on Monday please.
    Definitely low drop rate. It averages to about 1 per willow. If like Elemental discovery, the candy shrubs and trees should be dropping leaves too(lower than willows)but they aren't.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Fashion Designer
    Teika be careful. Once you finish Part 1, you cannot craft any more swords until you start Part 2.

Based on the forum, there is an option where you just keep the craft from Step 9 uncollected. You will get the timed 7 day prize as soon as you start the craft for Step 9.

You can check Posts 165 and 170. Farmerted shared that info for us in both of them.
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 10-17-21 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Edited once I finished Part 1.

Executive Chef
    Also bear in mind that a new event will start Thursday. We can't use all our energy for Part II, as we will need it for the new event. I am slowly collecting for Part II now, knowing that it takes 30 days to finish it. When I finish the new event (I bet it's a leaderboard), I can keep chipping away at items needed for Part II. Good luck to all!

Farm Supplier
    This forum rocks!! Thanks to all for the strategy posts. I plan to leave step 9 uncollected until right before the start of the next event. In the meantime, continue to make swords and collect resources. However, I'll probably delay beginning the next timed parts for awhile. Still have so much to do on the "mainland". Nice to know that I will have a good start when the times comes!

Last night I stopped at the part where you craft the Sugar Spell.
    Wish my Troll camp and Candy Troll were more generous. Or at least consistent. I only bought one for now. I?ll buy another where my gems are discounted.
    I know it?s a rare occurrence but I haven?t had not one single candy troll spawn drop candy. I?m only spawningtrolls from the bushes purchased in the market.
    I?m trying to stock up what I can on swords, amulets and evasive candy today. I was off to a good start then i guess I lost interest. Good luck everyone!

Fashion Designer
    Just finished Part 1 and started the “spell” to see what we can get with 75 blue petals in 2 days. I am going to wait a bit to start Part 2.

I can confirm that the sword craft disappears after you collect the craft to learn the spell. The Candy Minion does still spawn from the bushes between Parts 1 and 2. You can still collect amulets between Parts 1 and 2. You just cannot craft the swords.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    Wow I am always so far behind everyone. How are so many people on to Part 2 and 3 already. I haven't even finished the 12 swords yet! I'm having to triple-fight Toxics, Skunks, and Elle Mae's. Ugh I'll never finish in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Try not to compare where you're at with other players. If you're in both stories with bushes and willow trees that's probably better as you're doing both at once and saving energy in the long run. Some use gems, others like me have energy and time to continuously spawn and defeat trolls. It's only day 2 and you will only miss out on the steed if you don't finish within 7 days. After that you can plan when you start parts 2 and 3. Keep going! You just might surprise yourself.
    Don't worry about it, a lot of people are way further along and have more resources available (like spending gems, having more energy droppers, etc). Just go at your own pace and you'll get there.

If it's any perspective, I've played this game for a while and I have energy droppers but don't spend gems on event items but I'm at 11 swords right now, which is REALLY good progress for me. I did finish the Elemental story line and am in between parts for other story lines. Everyone progresses at their own place and every event you finish will slowly add up to helping in future events.

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    You don't really need to take pictures; that list is from The Hub's Inventory Guide, and is always available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    Or you can copy & paste into some document app & print if you have an air printer. Much easier to access than going back & forth to look.
    I actually have a few Sticky Notes of such resources and I go through and italicize the items I own (I keep the full list because you can sometimes acquire past items via Baron's tent). Sometimes I'll have to go look up the items because I forgot what it looks like, lol.
    Last edited by Silvernomiko; 10-17-21 at 01:14 PM.

I?m sorry I have to vent I know it?s only a game but when I get five in a row of detoxified spirit all in the matter of an hour that?s very frustrating I don?t understand why they did it this way. I do not under any circumstances have enough energy to get what I need. Any tips how to avoid this continuing. If I complete Part 1 of Elemental Discovery will this stop her from appearing?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    I?m sorry I have to vent I know it?s only a game but when I get five in a row of detoxified spirit all in the matter of an hour that?s very frustrating I don?t understand why they did it this way. I do not under any circumstances have enough energy to get what I need. Any tips how to avoid this continuing. If I complete Part 1 of Elemental Discovery will this stop her from appearing?
    Unfortunately, completing Part 1 will not stop the Toxic Spirit. You would have to complete all 3 Parts of the Elemental Discovery storyline to get her to stop spawning.

Part 1 needs 105 amulets. I know that sounds like a lot when you have the Toxic Spirits to fight at the same time. If you can get that many in 7 days and start the craft, you can still get the 7 day steed.

I would recommend, just keeping Part 1 of the Candy Kingdom open and passing on the 7 day steed. That will allow you to stock up on amulets, Candy, and swords at your speed. Hopefully by the time you choose to start Part 2 you will have a good cushion that will give you a chance at the 30 day prize. The risk is that the Candy Minions will still spawn that entire time you collect from bushes until you complete all 3 parts of the Candy Kingdom.

Sorry you have to fight both. Silver lining is that if you do Parts 2 and 3 of the 2 storylines together you will save on energy overall with the willow and mines/sawmills. The challenge will be getting enough energy for the different monsters you face.