Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/14: The Candy Kingdom (main story) | goals on page 1

Executive Chef
    I have a vague memory that when we got to part 3 of the elemental story that this one is based on that the toxic spirit stopped dropping the item that came from Ivys hut. If I?m right then I may hold off completing part 2 till the last day of the timer so I can collect as many of the candies as possible from the candy troll for part 3. Does anyone else remember that happening.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandita8 View Post
    There is a glitch with the collections. If I get nothing and log out, when I log back in I'll get a drop. But if the game reloads on its own after that I lose the drop and the timer on the Troll Camp resets without it. Even if I "use" it in the expansion. Someone needs to fix it.
    So, not just me. Earlier yesterday I'm sure I was at 17/25 of the troll candy on part 2 as I remember saying to myself, 8 to go. I had been also doing use it and giving them to the expansion as I had had problems with the lantern collections disappearing so had hoped that by giving them they were locked in. Last night I collected from the troll camp, went to the expansion and it increased to 14. So by my reckoning somehow I've lost 4 as it should have increased to 18. I am now checking the expansion before collecting from the troll camp or candy troll, collecting, taking a screenshot to show I got one in inventory when I get one, then giving it to the expansion, then taking another screenshot. This event has been very glitchy in this regard and it's not fair when you lose either lanterns because of all the growing, chopping and enchanters essence you are continually restocking or the horrible drops from the troll camp. Give me longer dependable Ivy any day. I hadn't noticed anyone complaining so thought maybe it was just me and I was imagining it, but maybe not!

Fashion Designer
    Ugh there's no way I can finish Part One in time. I finally finished the 12 Swords and collecting the Troll Candy and fighting the witch and then now 9 more Swords plus more Troll Candy? Sigh. Just not enough time and energy but hopefully I can still make progress for the next part.
    Last edited by RoyalBlue305; 10-20-21 at 04:35 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Try not to compare where you're at with other players. If you're in both stories with bushes and willow trees that's probably better as you're doing both at once and saving energy in the long run. Some use gems, others like me have energy and time to continuously spawn and defeat trolls. It's only day 2 and you will only miss out on the steed if you don't finish within 7 days. After that you can plan when you start parts 2 and 3. Keep going! You just might surprise yourself.
    Thank you SW for being positive and giving sound advice. I'm in both Stories so getting the Toxic Spirit is helping with the other one. I just don't have enough energy droppers and just spent a bunch of gems on the last event lol. Thanks for your help.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    Ugh there's no way I can finish Part One in time. I finally finished the 12 Swords and collecting the Troll Candy and fighting the witch and then now 9 more Swords plus more Troll Candy? Sigh. Just not enough time and energy but hopefully I can still make progress for the next part.
    I do not know where you are on the Troll Candy, but Part 1 only needs 8 swords. Hopefully you are close. If you can start the Learn the Sugar Spell craft in the next couple hours you can get the Steed. If you miss the steed, do not worry. There will be other items that drop jewels and lumin essence.

Then, do not collect the craft and you can build additional swords at your leisure. Wait until you have a good stockpile of candy, swords, and amulets before you start Part 2. The nice thing is once you complete Part 1, you can start the 30 day timer when it works best for you.

Gah! I hate it when I run out of energy whacking a monster then waste a bunch trying to get one when I get back on, only to find the original monster halfway across my game. So annoying. 🙄🤬

And why aren’t any of the free gifts something we can use in the quest? Now that would be helpful!

Executive Chef
    My timer showed that there were still 7 minutes to buy the package with candy, mithril, etc, and then it disappeared before time was up, and now I can't buy it!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I have a vague memory that when we got to part 3 of the elemental story that this one is based on that the toxic spirit stopped dropping the item that came from Ivys hut. If I?m right then I may hold off completing part 2 till the last day of the timer so I can collect as many of the candies as possible from the candy troll for part 3. Does anyone else remember that happening.
    I remember. It was awful. The worst part was that S8 refused to fix it for a long time or maybe ever. It happened around goal 9, before or after the big monster with 299 hits spawned.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I remember this as well, but I thought it was a glitch when it happened that got fixed. I did not buy the spirit but I remember this discussion of the problem on the forum. Also in part 3 of Elemental, the spirit started dropping multiples, hoping troll does the same.

Edited to add: I just reread the posts in part 3 of Elemental Discovery about this. It looks like the problem started after goal 7 in part 3 and took weeks to resolve. SpiritWind posted on 12/1/20 in that thread it was fixed but by then a lot of people had finished, so it wasn’t fixed in time to help everyone who had bought the spirit. Here’s hoping the same glitch doesn’t happen in part 3 of this one!
    Last edited by farmerted7; 10-20-21 at 08:02 PM.