Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/30: Impractical Magic | event information on page 1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Start collecting from the first Good Little Witch as soon as you place the first one as it will/may spawn Megan but the GLW will start dropping the Elixir of Good and you need lots of these...

Rewritten Spellbook: Potion Shop, 2 hours - 18 Elixir of Good, 14 Prank Spellbook

Farm Supplier
    My witchy cauldron is now level 4 but remains invisible no matter how many times I've shut down gane

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna12 View Post
    My witchy cauldron is now level 4 but remains invisible no matter how many times I've shut down gane
    If you can click on it, try to turn it. It might work.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl210 View Post
    Anyone else having horrible luck with Ravens crystal from the sparkling mine? It?s going to take me forever at this rate.
    I'm having terrible luck with Sparking mines! I doubt that I will finish at this rate!

Farm Supplier
    I put it in inventory and back out and can see it now!! Thanks

New Resident
    Are lower levels 24 and under suppose 2 give up now since we can't forge LIGHT ARMOUR yet?? I don't understand why it wasn't mentioned in the beginning or anything. Wouldn't have wasted energy and time on this event if its not for lower levels.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikospets View Post
    I'm having terrible luck with Sparking mines! I doubt that I will finish at this rate!
    Same, sometimes collecting from both of them gives me 0 or total of one. Not sure when will I be able to progress with crafting little witches. And it seems quite a lot is still left to do after crafting them

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaloMama View Post
    Are lower levels 24 and under suppose 2 give up now since we can't forge LIGHT ARMOUR yet?? I don't understand why it wasn't mentioned in the beginning or anything. Wouldn't have wasted energy and time on this event if its not for lower levels.
    That seems really unfair!!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoaloMama View Post
    Yes I am afraid so... I'm really sorry. In the past when we have had this come up, players were stuck unless they gemmed the item. I have raised this with S8 in the past, but I will refer this again. I don't think it can be changed though, but if it can then we will post here.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    In regard to Megan and those with higher level accounts, lets say you get to Goal 11 first thing Thursday, Pacific Time. If you managed 7 collections a day from your Level 6 Witchy Cauldron for the remaining 7 event days, you would get 49 prankbooks by the end of the event. Thats logging in 7 times a day, about an hour apart each to spawn and defeat Megan. How realistic is this so far? Then, let?s say you also start spawning Megan from the Good Little Witches, and you manage 5 collections from them throughout each day, about 2 hours apart each. Good news: some of these will overlap with collecting from the Witchy Cauldron. How does this fit in with you weekend plans so far? Oh, and your spawn rate will need to be 1/3 witches on average to get 5 prankbooks a day for 7 days (35 prankbooks) in order to get 84 prankbooks total. Not going to be at goal 11 by Thursday, well, you will need to log in more times and cross fingers for the random Good Little Witch spawn rate to be in your favor. Or, plan to shell out gems to speed the Cauldron. 28 gems will get you enough Megans to defeat for one rewritten prankbook, and higher levels will need 6 books total. Meanwhile, dont forget to collect enough elixirs from the witches! So 168 gems total for a guaranteed trade ticket dropper... Perhaps that is the point.

S8 has made improvements every step of the way with this event type. So many improvements. This random (Megan)spawning at the end of the event is one that could use improvement. It is disheartening for players who will reach goal 11 within the last few days of the event, gotten past all the randomness, and realize they cannot make it. I am really hoping S8 can adjust the Megan spawn rate. She should be guaranteed from the Good Little Witches at that point in the event.

This is why I don?t even really try anymore. It?s not fun when you realize you?ll never finish unless you wanna fork out loads of money. I understand Storm 8 wants to make cash but it?s a money grab every event. I said this somewhere else but it?s like they purposely design events for you to get so close to finishing that you?ll end up buying gems to make sure you finish since you put in all that work and you wanna complete the goal so as your work doesn?t go to waste.

It?s not a bug; it?s a feature.