Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/30: Impractical Magic | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    I'm just starting on the books now. Hope I can finish in time! Thanks everyone for all the great tips.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    I'm just starting on the books now. Hope I can finish in time! Thanks everyone for all the great tips.
    Speed up the cauldron link hell. You need to defeat an insane amount of Megans.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    It depends on where you are looking? if you are looking at the goal page, I believe it is the total needed and goes down as you acquire them (I only need one more and my cost to skip that goal is 110 gems). If you are looking at the cost on the build screen, the number just under the spellbound books is the cost per book, 170 gems. At the bottom of that upgrade build screen it gives you the total gems needed to upgrade (in my case total is 170 because I need one more). In the potion shop, the cost for each of the prank spell books is 16 gems per (I still need 6, so my cost would 6*16, or 96 gems). As someone else pointed out, speeding up the Witchy cauldron is only 2 gems, and that plus a little energy equals 1 prank spell book - definitely the cheapest option (for me that would equal 12 gems)
    I need 3 more books and my goal says 330 to skip, so 110 each. But that would not let you upgrade, only skip in the goal for Effie, so you would still need rewritten spellbooks to upgrade the building. On my upgrade screen under rewritten spellbooks, it also says I can buy each for 170. And 16 per prank book in the craft to build the rewritten.

I need 33 more pranked books so I think that will be doable, whew. And only 5 more gourds for my last Elmwood Elixer; didn?t need that second plant after all so made the right call not to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    I need 3 more books and my goal says 330 to skip, so 110 each. But that would not let you upgrade, only skip in the goal for Effie, so you would still need rewritten spellbooks to upgrade the building. On my upgrade screen under rewritten spellbooks, it also says I can buy each for 170. And 16 per prank book in the craft to build the rewritten.

I need 33 more pranked books so I think that will be doable, whew. And only 5 more gourds for my last Elmwood Elixer; didn?t need that second plant after all so made the right call not to buy it.
    Thank you all for your tips they?re really helping this is a nailbiter for me but I?ll do the best I can those little witches just are not helping out at all

Good luck to everyone

Executive Chef
    Just a small complaint/ wish :

With every person/ animal/ monster in Castle Story at least breathing and blinking, the Witchy Cauldron (with a person and zero animation) feels out of place. And I think that's a shame, because it's one of the main prizes.

I feel the same about the chicken in the Ye Ol' Animal Hospital from the past event.
    With the tiny chickens in the Chicken Coop (Faerie Atrium prize) fully animated, the 'dead' chicken from the hospital feels wrong. I'd rather it was left out, if it couldn't be animated.
    And again, the hospital was the main prize and the Coop a much easier to get extra.

I wish all living things would be animated (the minimum breathing/blinking) or left out. But that might just be me

Fashion Designer
    It would look great, but I am having trouble loading the game these days. It’s better not to have everything animated, in my opinion.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Sorry to be a pest but the only thing unless there’s a certain place I should be checking the game shows is we’ve got four more days. Right now it is Sunday3pm on the East Coast does that mean the game will end Wednesday evening

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    Sorry to be a pest but the only thing unless there’s a certain place I should be checking the game shows is we’ve got four more days. Right now it is Sunday3pm on the East Coast does that mean the game will end Wednesday evening
    When they say 4 days, they really mean between 3 and 4 days. Keep your eye on the timer when you open the sale bundle - it currently tells me 3 days 4 hours and 35 minutes. So that means it will end at 6:00 pm Wednesday on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    When they say 4 days, they really mean between 3 and 4 days. Keep your eye on the timer when you open the sale bundle - it currently tells me 3 days 4 hours and 35 minutes. So that means it will end at 6:00 pm Wednesday on the west coast.
    Thank you that?s good to know so whenever there?s an event whatever the packages that coincides with the timing for the event. Well that is good because mine would be around the same time on Wednesday so that buys me more time. I can?t get the little witches to help me out so I?m working totally off of the cauldron. I need three more spell books and one more toad tincture. I?m on it full-time so hopefully I can get the spell books.

Thanks again

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    Thank you that?s good to know so whenever there?s an event whatever the packages that coincides with the timing for the event. Well that is good because mine would be around the same time on Wednesday so that buys me more time. I can?t get the little witches to help me out so I?m working totally off of the cauldron. I need three more spell books and one more toad tincture. I?m on it full-time so hopefully I can get the spell books.

Thanks again
    Keep in mind that you usually have to have everything clean and done by the deadline - all crafts completed and whatever needs to be upgraded finished.

Off to my every two hour check in....