Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best dragons for battles

Rhino Keeper

Best dragons for battles

In the past there were Diamond, Soccer, Infinity, Achilles, Passion dragons were the recommended fighters. Now we have Egyptian, Flower, Elemental, Olympus, Gemstone, Royal, Spooky, Zodiac, Dark, Fey, Arcane etc, etc,

How do all of these other dragons types compare with the ADIPS dragons? I've seen the term 2nd Level dragons - what does this mean?
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Rhino Keeper
    I rely strongly on Champion types for higher lvrl battles. I have some very reliable ones, for battling specific colour types. For red, I go with Light Mother or Omega Light mother; for green, fairytale or stone I go with Unruly and for black, white, blue, I go with Glasswing, Neo Glasswing and Rainbow Sentinel. For purple, Harmony Knight and for pink, Defender works well, though not all the time. For blue, Mithril of course.

Besides champs, I have a few dragons that are really effective: Beaded, Aether, Jade, Creator, Ancient Star, Landworm, Honeybee, Duchess, Breeze, Lollipop, Sobek, Below.

I should note, using high level commons has never, ever worked for me. And DFS doesn’t work either, so I just don’t try.

Hope this helps.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Athabasca55 View Post
    I rely strongly on Champion types for higher lvrl battles. I have some very reliable ones, for battling specific colour types. For red, I go with Light Mother or Omega Light mother; for green, fairytale or stone I go with Unruly and for black, white, blue, I go with Glasswing, Neo Glasswing and Rainbow Sentinel. For purple, Harmony Knight and for pink, Defender works well, though not all the time. For blue, Mithril of course.

Besides champs, I have a few dragons that are really effective: Beaded, Aether, Jade, Creator, Ancient Star, Landworm, Honeybee, Duchess, Breeze, Lollipop, Sobek, Below.

I should note, using high level commons has never, ever worked for me. And DFS doesn’t work either, so I just don’t try.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for this information. It is helpful. It seems that different people have different types of luck with their different dragons, as I remember reading some people swear by high level commons, but I am never brave enough to try those (of a single color, I mean. I will use commons that have special types). I did not know that these specific Champions would be good against these specific colors, so I find your post very informational. I always have the worst time trying to take down purple type dragons.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    I found purple to be a royal pain as well! It took a lot of trial and error. That’s why Beaded is often a good dragon against purple types, and Seeker, as its rare cousin with the same colour combo, is too. If one doesn’t work with Bash, Magic, Magic I often switch to the other, leading with Magic.

And I have to shout out to Skyharbor who recommended Unruly to me ages ago for use against high level green dragons. It got me out of a losing streak. I was always grateful for his help.

Rhino Keeper
    Champion x2, Metal x1, Diamond Champion 1, Diamond x1, and Dark Prime.x1 all at level 15. That's my team. 70% of time I use pure champion. If the other dragon is Champion I use Metal. If the other is some funky 3 type dragon then I use my champion diamond. I use my dark prime just.for the first battle otherwise I often seem to lose it.

I've found that if I battle heavy early on I usually win. If I wait and get just the min battles a day needed I struggle. I'm usually done with 2 days left.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you. What is DFS?

Glasswing (Rainbow Sentinel) and Diamond are my most successful followed by Passion, Soccer, Chakra. Just got Valiant up to L15. Infinity next. Thanks for the tip about metal - never really considered that so will get that one upgraded. Sometimes, I wonder if the type of dragon really makes a difference. So many losses of L15 Black Knight, for example, to L3 commons, rares etc.

Seem to remember SkyHarbour(?) recommending Croconile? Not had great success with that yet though.

Rhino Keeper
    DFS is the Disposable Fire strategy. You buy a baby Fire dragon, hatch him and throw him into the arena whilst your Champs and Diamond drags are languishing, waiting to heal. It’s worked for many, just not me. YMMV. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    Thank you. What is DFS?

Glasswing (Rainbow Sentinel) and Diamond are my most successful followed by Passion, Soccer, Chakra. Just got Valiant up to L15. Infinity next. Thanks for the tip about metal - never really considered that so will get that one upgraded. Sometimes, I wonder if the type of dragon really makes a difference. So many losses of L15 Black Knight, for example, to L3 commons, rares etc.

Seem to remember SkyHarbour(?) recommending Croconile? Not had great success with that yet though.
    See my DFS note above.

I like Croconile! My lvl 13 Croconile took out a Strongshine 19 and Albino Peacock 20. Btw, I have only 7 lvl 15 dragons, basically Diamond x 3, Achilles, Infinity, Valiant, Neo Valiant. Nearly all my champions are 13 and a few 12.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Thank you for this information. It is helpful. It seems that different people have different types of luck with their different dragons, as I remember reading some people swear by high level commons, but I am never brave enough to try those (of a single color, I mean. I will use commons that have special types). I did not know that these specific Champions would be good against these specific colors, so I find your post very informational. I always have the worst time trying to take down purple type dragons.
    For purple dragons, Landworm (red/green) is also a good bet. I’ve used my lvl 13 Landworm a lot on purple type dragons

Rhino Keeper
    I’ve had some success with Air and Neo Air.

Update - Air took down two pure Champions, think it may be luck though
    Last edited by greywagtail; 09-27-21 at 04:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast