Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/16: Ye Ol' Vet | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Yes, you have to use the regular potion shop if you want it to register for your count of items under "get it off your chest." Using the Toadstool one doesn't count, so I doubt that any of the other ones do, either. I don't know if you can still get prizes from the other types. I am only saying that it won't add to your count under the goal.

On another note, I really need to pay better attention to what I get in drops and from chests. I opened some mystery chests and saw coins tumble out, so I assumed that was all I got. Then all of a sudden I realized that I had 30 energy when I had been down to about 5. So one of the chests must have given 25 energy?!? Or maybe multiple chests each gave me 5 or so energy. I don't know. But it was much appreciated!

ETA, my best drops seem to be from my ducks, but ducks are not listed as being part of the event.
    Last edited by mymonta; 09-24-21 at 10:11 AM.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Farm Supplier
    The drop rate for Stucky Glues is horrific, the worst I've ever seen. I still need five! I've been done with the Animal Medicine and Cast kit for days, but the sticky glues are holding me back. They rarely drop from adventures either.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlecatz View Post
    Under the get it off your chest goal is the task for collecting from kitchen, magic forge, potion shop and exchange. 5 of these you need to collect from. I have actually collected now more than 5 items but nothing is registering. Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    Thanks for the tip SW.
    I have brewed red, blue and orange dye, both essences. My counter is still at 0/5.
    Could someone at S8 look into this. Quite a few players are having this issue.
    Could it be to do with my potion shops being terracotta?
    Not every exchange, kitchen, forge, or potion shop collect will drop a chest. I think only the "chest drop" collecting are counting towards the goal. Like, not every collection from a chicken or pig will drop a chest. The idea to complete the goal, is to craft enough items to get chests so you tick off the goal (5). As I collected, my counter moved when a chest dropped.

FWIW, I had a run of collecting 8-10 items from the craft buildings with no chests, then a few runs where I got several. So the chest drops are random. And the prizes are random, I don't think I've had a multi-drop from a chest except coins + (item). So those drops are lucky! And even odder in the randomness, I got 2 sheep in a row from chopping chests on one account, my other accounts have no sheep.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 09-24-21 at 12:14 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Not every exchange, kitchen, forge, or potion shop collect will drop a chest. I think only the "chest drop" collecting are counting towards the goal. Like, not every collection from a chicken or pig will drop a chest. The idea to complete the goal, is to craft enough items to get chests so you tick off the goal (5). As I collected, my counter moved when a chest dropped.

FWIW, I had a run of collecting 8-10 items from the craft buildings with no chests, then a few runs where I got several. So the chest drops are random. And the prizes are random, I don't think I've had a multi-drop from a chest except coins + (item). So those drops are lucky! And even odder in the randomness, I got 2 sheep in a row from chopping chests on one account, my other accounts have no sheep.
    I don't think this is accurate. I collected 10 wheat, and that part of the goal completed, even though I did not get 10 chests. I collected from 5 pigs and that part of the goal completed, even though I did not get 5 chests from 5 pigs.

As I stated previously, you need to collect from the official Potion Shop in order for it to count. The Toadstool and other potion shops do not count toward the goal. You can get mystery chests from collecting from the kitchen, magic forge, and exchange, but those will not count toward your 5 collections from the potion shop.

You have to collect 10 wheat to finish that portion of the goal. You can get mystery chests from harvesting any crops, but it will not count toward the 10 wheat under the listed goal.

You have to collect from 5 pigs to complete that portion of the goal. you can get mystery chests from chickens, pigs, sheep, and I have personally received chests from ducks, and others have reported collecting from swans.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I don't think this is accurate. I collected 10 wheat, and that part of the goal completed, even though I did not get 10 chests. I collected from 5 pigs and that part of the goal completed, even though I did not get 5 chests from 5 pigs.

As I stated previously, you need to collect from the official Potion Shop in order for it to count. The Toadstool and other potion shops do not count toward the goal. You can get mystery chests from collecting from the kitchen, magic forge, and exchange, but those will not count toward your 5 collections from the potion shop.

You have to collect 10 wheat to finish that portion of the goal. You can get mystery chests from harvesting any crops, but it will not count toward the 10 wheat under the listed goal.

You have to collect from 5 pigs to complete that portion of the goal. you can get mystery chests from chickens, pigs, sheep, and I have personally received chests from ducks, and others have reported collecting from swans.
    Regardless of what the other goals are doing....or the intent of how they are supposed to function...the crafts that drop a chest are ticking off the counter on the goals. That's all I wanted to say. 2 of my accounts are finished, the others have some progress on the Crafting Goal. I have been continuously crafting, and if a chest drops on a collection, I make progress towards the Crafting Goal. The progress occurred only when a chest was dropped during collection. At least, on my 4 accounts. So, I stand by my statement that "not every craft collection will count towards the goal, but the ones that drop a chest will."
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 09-24-21 at 02:58 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

All Potion Shops should now count toward task 3 of "Get It Off Your Chest."
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Fashion Designer
    Thank you HungryGoblin, I will give that a try.
    Incidentally, once you have the toadstool potion shops, is there a way to revert back to the original?

Also I just got two chests collecting from my kitchens, but still nothing registered in the goal. 0/5.

Fashion Designer
    SpiritWind00, I just noticed in post #4 for the build of the Ye old Hospital
    It has 4 cast kits listed at each level, where I believe it should be 4 Green Goop. I think.

Fashion Designer
    Great surprise event! Having fun. Chickens have been good to me, and they are keeping my kitchen going.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Regardless of what the other goals are doing....or the intent of how they are supposed to function...the crafts that drop a chest are ticking off the counter on the goals. That's all I wanted to say. 2 of my accounts are finished, the others have some progress on the Crafting Goal. I have been continuously crafting, and if a chest drops on a collection, I make progress towards the Crafting Goal. The progress occurred only when a chest was dropped during collection. At least, on my 4 accounts. So, I stand by my statement that "not every craft collection will count towards the goal, but the ones that drop a chest will."
    Well that isn't how it is working on my 4 accounts. Every time I complete a craft in the potion shop, I get credit on the counter, but NONE of those crafts have given me a mystery chest. Nor have I received any mystery chests for fighting Fangbeasts, but I have still received credit for each Fangbeast that I have fought.