Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/16: Ye Ol' Vet | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I just got a chest when collecting a Traveler's Brew, so I don't think it matters what you craft.
    There's only a chance that crafting the items would give you a chest. It was the same with the Kitchens. I crafted a bag of flour (since we needed to collected wheat) in each of the kitchens and I got a chest from one and only flour from the other. The second time around saw no chests dropping whilst the third time around got me another.

Fashion Designer
    I've tried lots of different things in the potion shop but nothing works. Could it be because I use the gothic potion shop? I get nothing from the magic forge, kitchens or royal exchange either. So my counter is still at 0/5 for that part of the goal. Do I just give up on that part?

Edit: I've just had a mystery box from my royal exchange but my counter is still at 0/5.
    Last edited by geordieprogman; 09-24-21 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Added info
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    I've tried lots of different things in the potion shop but nothing works. Could it be because I use the gothic potion shop? I get nothing from the magic forge, kitchens or royal exchange either. So my counter is still at 0/5 for that part of the goal. Do I just give up on that part?

Edit: I've just had a mystery box from my royal exchange but my counter is still at 0/5.
    Only my potion shop did count toward the goal. Craft standard items, not goal or event items. Lumin Essence, Enchanter's Essence, etc. worked well for we.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for the tip SW.
    I have brewed red, blue and orange dye, both essences. My counter is still at 0/5.
    Could someone at S8 look into this. Quite a few players are having this issue.
    Could it be to do with my potion shops being terracotta?

Curious! The game treats the Mystery Chests as if they were rocks or debris. Opening four of them cleared the daily goal of chopping up four Rock Outcroppings.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Hmm, maybe store the potion shop and bring it back out? The crafts from the potion shop are counting for me.

For anyone who is confused, it sounds like we have two objectives for 7 days:

1. Task in kingdom goals book: Get it off your chest
    Defeat 5 fangbeasts
    Tend to 5 pigs
    Craft 5 items in the potion shop (specifically the potion shop for this task)
    Harvest 10 wheat
    Reward: 500 coin, 10 experience, one mystery chest

2. Then to collect from various items in the kingdom for a chance to get more chests.

Listed in the task:
    Fangbeasts
    Direboars
    Chickens
    Pigs
    Sheep
    Potion shop
    Magic forge
    Kitchen
    Exchange
    Crops

I've gotten one mystery chest from a rock outcropping. I've fought one of most beast types including marmosea, troll, skunkupine, aquapanther, several Sniffles sickly skunkupine, one fangbeast, two direboars.......with no chest drops. I'm not having much luck spawning fangbeasts.

Spawn fangbeasts:
    Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Mink, Swan, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, Stables, Hatchery, Farmhouses, Fangbeast Trap, Glimmeregg Bunny, Season 5 Training Dummy, Shih Tzu, Ugly Goose, Lair of Beasts (I think some birds like cockatoo and tropical parrot have a chance to spawn them too)

......farm houses currently are mostly spawning Sniffles
    ......wheat, sugar cane, tomato and aspen tree can spawn skunkupines instead of fangbeasts

Spawn direboar:
    Cabbage, Cocoa Beans, Strawberries, Glimmerbulb, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Ponds, Wells, Dire Boar Trap, Rock Outcropping, Lair of Beasts
    Direboars are supposed to have a chance to drop chests (but the two I spawned from Petunia the bard and the goddess tree didn't for me).

For getting mystery chests, I've had best luck with crops and chickens.

I'm still working on the vet event. Drops from the troll camp have not been consistent.

This is a cute little surprise event.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 09-24-21 at 01:58 PM.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I'm wondering if it's that they're gothic too.. the counter only moved on the original potion shop. So maybe not craft related but building related. These posts will be seen soon and I'm sure HungryGoblin will be able to check it out for us.

Thanks for flagging this - the team is aware and looking into it!
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I got the sheered sheep, what a cutie!

And on the ground, the scissors, so cute.
    And his animations are cute, too, wiggling his ears and his bottom. Lol!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

My best chest drops have been from royal pigs.