Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Are there any updates? This thread was started 2 years ago.

Aug 26, 2023 and still locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by puffymagicdragon View Post
    Are there any updates? This thread was started 2 years ago.
    Sorry, nothing yet
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

New Resident
    Last week it hit me after playing DS for ~2 years on iOS. Had some issued when roamjng to another AP but after 2-3 Reconnects DS finally starts. But now: No Login anymore even after 10+ retries and even after reinstalling DS.
    Fun Fact: DS on Android still works fine with my Account (same Network) but is unusable slow...

Loyal player for 10 years. I have been locked out for almost a month. Hopefully a fix will come soon. No problem with other storm 8 games. So frustrating. Has anyone tried deleting game and reloading. Afraid to loose all my progress and investment. I have lots f good and dragons.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Deleting and reinstalling is safe as your game progress is stored on S8 servers. I would not do this though as the game is already having difficulties loading and if you reinstall then the game has to reload every single graphic. You could clear your cache so if you visit others a lot it will clear their games off your device but even that has downfalls. From all I know about this ongoing issue it is a waiting game. I understand the pain and frustration, I've been through it too. Elsa has posted often in this thread that she will come running here with news as soon as they have additional info to share.

Just thought I'd add my name to the list of players with this issue. I've been locked out for well over a year, maybe two, I forget. I decided to try it again the other day since it had been a while, no luck same little purple dragon telling me I don't have internet. Of course, I closed him and opened castlestory which works.

I can't count the amount of gold I've lost in all this time. I had some really cool dragons too. I have to say issues like this make me very wary of spending money on storm 8 games because all the money I spent on Dragonstory is just gone, with no hope of recovery.

New Resident
    I am back in the game after ~2 weeks - not sure what exactly fixes the problem but somehow I managed to change my GameCenter account in iOS and after that it works fine. I think this issue might have todo with the ad-videos...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Deleting and reinstalling is safe as your game progress is stored on S8 servers. I would not do this though as the game is already having difficulties loading and if you reinstall then the game has to reload every single graphic. You could clear your cache so if you visit others a lot it will clear their games off your device but even that has downfalls. From all I know about this ongoing issue it is a waiting game. I understand the pain and frustration, I've been through it too. Elsa has posted often in this thread that she will come running here with news as soon as they have additional info to share.
    I have not been able to play on my main island since early January with my IPad. I have sold off countless dragons and nice habitats. I have also sold off many items that I have accumulated from events over the years. There are still many more that I would like to either use or sell but that just takes too long. I still can’t figure why there are so many items in storage that can’t be either used or disposed of. That uses up memory on my IPad and I presume on the servers too. I can still play on 2 smaller islands but I need to go to settings, offload the game and reinstall it about once a week. I can play on my main island using an android device that I bought 3 years ago. It can’t upgrade past android 11 and that is a good thing as support says there are known problems with android 12 and 13 that causes problems with the game.Yes, I can play in android, but when you are used to IOS, it is really frustratingly slow and not having videos causes problems too. I also have lost touch with neighbors from all over the world who I have been playing with since 2014 whose patience waiting for a game fix ran out. I admit that my patience is also running thin, but because of Elas saying that she will come running as soon as she gets good news, I will try to remain patient Thank you for your post, that does help me to stay patient, for now

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    What kind of Android? I got a fancy Samsung something or other, and it won't load my higher level accounts, only my new account.
    I have a Huawei P30, and DS works nicely (❛ ◡ ❛)