Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    I was going to upgrade my Android to the latest 5G last month but seeing the issues on 12 and 13, I'm glad I stuck with my Android 9 and my longtime Samsung phone. Thank you for the tip Rfs404!
    Last year i finally broke down and bought a smartphone with Android 12 on it. I loaded DS and tried switching to my level 200 isle. Game barely thought about it 10 secs and poof! Back to main screen. I tried just to visit that isle with same result. Then i tried visits to smaller lvl 135 and could do that but have not tried switch over. Phone updated to Android 13 and i hoped i could play but still no.

So not playing on the road for me. It is home with my Android 8 2016 tablet and thankfully game still plays on that though too many kick outs and purple dragons.
    Last edited by Rfs0404; 06-25-23 at 03:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Vanellope View Post
    If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature
    This is a quote from the first page of this thread posted on 8/24 of 2021 by Vanellope the community manager. The problem has not yet been resolved. I have no doubt that it is being addressed and that they are closer to finally finding a fix. Still, I can only use my IPad on my 2 smaller islands that I don?t play much on and use an android for the main one. I don?t know how many friends and neighbors have been lost simply because they can?t play. I really do appreciate Elsa taking the time and making the effort to let us know that the team is working very hard to solve these issues. Still though, I am getting extremely frustrated. I have been and will remain patient, but it sure would be nice if Elsa?s next update is the one to tell us that the issue has been resolved

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Thank you for your kindness. Fun fact: The design team currently serving Dragon Story is FlatFoot approved and they've received a lot of support and advice from him when they were transitioning to the game. ^_^

Numeric overflow shouldn't crash your game. You can experience this if you're using a device that only supports 32-bit max integer in computer language and your Coin balance exceeds more than 2 billion-ish. In our experience, the Coin balance will show as negative but it wouldn't cause any crashing. It is possible that you had a unique experience, though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is heart-warming that you're thinking deeply about the game. Hopefully we have news soon.

We run independently so any obstacles related to the app store are resolved by us. Our team is very hard at work on this! As soon as I have an update, I'll run to the thread at super sonic speed and let Caretakers know.
    Wow, thanks muchly Elsa for your reply It's good to know that someone is replying. I really hope we will get a fix, soon.
    My iPhone was a 64-bit device. As it was 14 months ago, I kind of recall that the negative coins stopped me from planting and breeding (as they required coins), with message of not enough coins then dropped off.

Rhino Keeper
    Can't remember who from S8, but one of the employees posted a good while back that there were no plans for an Android DS update. Its been since 2018 since the last one. So wouldn't hold my breath for one. Newer Android requires 64 bit apps and just don't see the investment in it for them. Fine to ask or beg, but important to be realistic.

IMO a fix to the game would in part be retire certain dragon types and make a viewable retired section in the Codex. Someone could then voluntarily retire a set, such as Cosmos or Royal or ... and those dragons move to only the codex. It would reduce game load demand on devices and still keep the ability to go in and admire what you won, bred, bought, etc. No need for barn storage that isn't friendly to view. It might would even encourage people to collect/spend money for all of certain types just to retire them. Could even be a new weekly game challenge.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglish View Post
    This is a quote from the first page of this thread posted on 8/24 of 2021 by Vanellope the community manager. The problem has not yet been resolved. I have no doubt that it is being addressed and that they are closer to finally finding a fix. Still, I can only use my IPad on my 2 smaller islands that I don?t play much on and use an android for the main one. I don?t know how many friends and neighbors have been lost simply because they can?t play. I really do appreciate Elsa taking the time and making the effort to let us know that the team is working very hard to solve these issues. Still though, I am getting extremely frustrated. I have been and will remain patient, but it sure would be nice if Elsa?s next update is the one to tell us that the issue has been resolved
    I made mistakes when I originally posted this. I did not mean to imply that I did not believe that the team is not doing everything that they can to solve this issue. I do believe that they are. I also want to publicly apologize to Elsa. She does a great job of doing what she can to keep us informed and I do appreciate that. Still though, it is frustrating as more and more of my long term neighbors are having problems and leaving the game.

Just checking back for updates. Miss my island.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by puffymagicdragon View Post
    Just checking back for updates. Miss my island.
    There's progress on this front actually. There's a whole bunch of common dragons that will be discontinued next week, including Neo Bubble Yay! Yay! Yay!, which I believe will help bring some players back into the game. I believe the sheer amount of dragons in the market played a huge role in the servers not being able to handle such a large task therefore locking people out. What happens next Tuesday, July 18 will tell the tale.

I so hope you’re right. Would be wonderful.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    There's progress on this front actually. There's a whole bunch of common dragons that will be discontinued next week, including Neo Bubble Yay! Yay! Yay!, which I believe will help bring some players back into the game. I believe the sheer amount of dragons in the market played a huge role in the servers not being able to handle such a large task therefore locking people out. What happens next Tuesday, July 18 will tell the tale.
    I'm not sure if this will actually help, but if it does, please share. It'd be a welcome side effect!

--

As for updates, I'm sorry that I don't have any release dates for you. We are testing right now, but there's still a couple of obstacles we're working on. Our team is working hard on this. We know it's been a long journey. Thank you for your support, Caretakers!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I'm not sure if this will actually help, but if it does, please share. It'd be a welcome side effect!

--

As for updates, I'm sorry that I don't have any release dates for you. We are testing right now, but there's still a couple of obstacles we're working on. Our team is working hard on this. We know it's been a long journey. Thank you for your support, Caretakers!
    I'm reporting back to you Elsa with good news regarding my experience loading the game with those pesky commons out of the market. I don't know if anyone else noticed but my game loads a bit faster now. I was never locked out of my Android account but had been locked out on my iPad. I will test that as soon as I charge it up and report the results back to you. It seems like there's a bit of progress by the cleaning of the common dragon inventory. There's definitely more that need to be expired like Scoundrel, Regal, Glitzy, Darling, Redemption or Reverie, Runoff, Mindcone, Red Leaf and pretty much any common dragon released before 2023. I like the idea of expiring older commons as new commons are released.

EDIT: Log In issue still exist. My level 200 account works for Droid but still can't log into iOS
    Last edited by northernlight412; 07-19-23 at 10:40 AM.