Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Hi, everyone! Just dropping in to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this and we're doing our best to reach this as soon as we can.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Hi, everyone! Just dropping in to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this and we're doing our best to reach this as soon as we can.
    Hey Elsa, I want to throw a hypothesis your way. Maybe the reason for the slow loads or no loads at all is because there's too many dragons available to breed and in the market. From what I've been observing in the threads, the load issue have been hitting long term players hard. It's just an idea to look into whenever there's an update to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    Hey Elsa, I want to throw a hypothesis your way. Maybe the reason for the slow loads or no loads at all is because there's too many dragons available to breed and in the market. From what I've been observing in the threads, the load issue have been hitting long term players hard. It's just an idea to look into whenever there's an update to the game.
    I think you're on the right track here. Maybe they downgraded their servers to save costs and now the really big islands owned by older players are taking too long to process when loading. Or they've prioritised resources towards their paying players so free players get their requests bumped off if there aren't enough resources to process paying players and free players together. This is probably causing a timeout or something for a large number of players. I would have to retry reloading the game multiple times to get in to play. I also noticed that trying to get into the game at the right time of day based on global timezones could improve my chances. I have been seeing this problem get worse since months, maybe years before and it got to the point where the game was not playable since I couldn't actually log in as frequently as the events required or at the critical time for event finishes, and subsequently I just quit playing.

From memory, one of my attempts to help fix this issue for myself was to start throwing out dragons I didn't need. Babies, spares, commons; dragons that weren't special just got deleted off my island and it did help reduce the number of retries I needed to get into the game a bit but not enough to make the game playable for me. Prior to this, I tried putting the dragons into my (fully upgraded) stable but this didn't help at all. Ultimately I think the number of habitats and number of dragons present in your account (outside or in stable) is treated the same.

Another bit of evidence to support this idea is that I have a baby dragons account made around the same time as my main island. Same device, same software, same player, same account age ... just a smaller account with mostly baby dragons and not a lot of expansion and a tiny stable. Game has no problem logging in when I want to and I can play with my baby island with no problems.

One possible suggestion might be if they can increase the timeout duration so that big islands can be given the time to properly get loaded before the attempt fails.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    It definitely isn't about free versus paying customers. Like my signature states, I spend a ton of money on S8 games, primarily DS, and I can't log in very often anymore, either.

I'm quite sure that it is about the number of dragons and habitats on each island plus iOS vs Android. My 2 oldest (and, therefore, highest level with the most habitats and dragons) accounts can now only be accessed via Android. My 3rd account just recently got to the point where I can log in sometimes but not others from my iPhone. It recently leveled up, and I have added a lot of new dragons in recent months, so now it is apparently too full. It would help tremendously if we could disenchant dragons more rapidly. I have a lot of duplicates that I want to get Essence from, but it takes too long in relation to how quickly new dragons are released. My 4th account also just recently reached a pretty high level and is getting harder to log into. Pretty soon I will be unable to really get into any of my accounts. As I mentioned in another thread, I bought a new Android device that apparently is completely unable to download, DS, FFS, and CS.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Well folks it?s been a blast but I guess it is time to find another game that cares about loyal players. They don?t seem to want to fix the issue nor do they want to refund the money you spend in gold.
    it was a fun game until this, maybe one day I?ll come back to it.
    Happy New Year.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post

As I mentioned in another thread, I bought a new Android device that apparently is completely unable to download, DS, FFS, and CS.
    Well Android seems to be in similar position to ios as far as players cannot play...there is a known issue of a problem on Android 12, which probably flowed into Android 13 and S8 is ...working on it... altho if a game update would be needed how that could happen with DS no longer in play store is a puzzle.

Anyhow, i believe large islands can still play on Android 11. And baby isles can play on my pixel 6 android 13

Executive Chef
    I have now been locked out for 3 weeks. Very frustrating.

New Resident
    I have given up playing on this game.

Executive Chef
    Now even my smallest account can barely get on. Tried for a couple hours this morning before it let me in.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    I haven?t been able to log on for well over a year. S8 owes me a huge pile of gold since I own every GPD dragon, if I remember correctly the count was 22. I?m willing to settle with ?Make the game work again and reimburse my gold or pay me in cash (full price) for my loss. You can?t just steal money from your clientele and grossly reject them without a reasonable attempt to rectify your mistakes (making cheap excuses does not count, there are thousands of other online games and apps which are far more graphic, system & network intensive) This is definitely criminal and could be punishable.