Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Rhino Keeper
    Same here. I've come to agree that it's very rarely issues with *our* connections...

Should also add that if I'm caught in an unfortunate loop of having to hit 'retry' to no avail, apparently every *other* app of mine, and the web browsers, launch just fine...

Host(ess)
    Stopped working again!! Starting working yesterday after I replied on this thread so I thought someone may have seen the message, worked for nearly 24 hours and it?s gone again!!

Rhino Keeper
    I cant open the game since yesterday

Fantasy Forest Story and Pet Shop Story are ok.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Vanellope View Post
    Which internet service provider is everyone using?
    Xfinity (Comcast) at home and I think also at my office. But I don't see how that matters since every other internet connected website, application and function are unaffected. It's only Dragon Story on my iPhone XR and only for a few weeks now.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Nightclub Owner
    So I decided to try another option. I just turned off my WiFi setting on my phone, force closed everything and turned my phone off. Waited about 30 seconds then turned my phone back on. Waited about 15 seconds then clicked the DS app; still can't connect due to "internet connection" issues even though I'm using Data!!!

ETA: Forced closed the game, turned WiFi back on and connected to my home network. Still won't load

ETA2: Opened up Frozen Frenzy Mania (the only other S8 game I have on my phone. Game opened and loaded; went to the little blue icon in the top right of the screen. I found Dragon Story and clicked "Play" - same results. Will not open.

Nightclub Owner
    So I did some internet research and did these steps (ridiculous as it is just to get into a game):

iPhone settings:
    Removed my phone case (in order to prevent any blockage to the antennae)
    Went to Settings ->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data->3G {turning off LTE}
    Force closed everything
    Restarted phone
    Tapped the app and still got the error message, tapped "Try Again" and got into the game finally

It seems that when these connection issues happen with DS, you have to have 3 bars of internet connection (hope that's the right term) but not always. Mostly I can get in and use the app with 2 bars but when it acts up, you need to get at least 3. It's so much of a hassle for a simple game. I wish they would just fix the issues on their end

ETA: Well guess what happened a few hours after this system got me into the game? I'll give you 0 guesses: I got kicked out of the game and this system is not working now

ETA: Rebooted my router and phone. After about 10 more tries, was able to get in (on the 3G setting). This is crazy.
    Last edited by amerirish; 09-11-21 at 03:16 PM.

New Resident
    Dear S8! I join the messages written above. Sometimes I can't opem my island during more than a day. This is a big problem specially during the Dragon Tales, because I can't make tasks. This situation happens periodically for two weeks. Please, solve this problem! (iOs device)

Rhino Keeper
    Im not from USA. Internet is ok. Using iOS.
    My little island (level 6) works perfectly, but my main island (level 200) does not upload. So the problem is with games in high levels.
    Higher level= heavier to upload

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    Dear S8 support I have to report a severe logging problem that affects DS only and not the other S8 games for days now. When we try to log into the game, we get for several hours the well known "internet connection" error, that the game is online etc. So, the game is almost unplayable anymore. This problem exists for almost 10 days now, mainly on iOS devices (rarely on android) and it happens to maximum level (200) islands only. Islands at lower level with less data to load have no problem at all.

I will give you some more info that may help you find out the problem. I live in Greece and the problem exists with all the ISP (Internet Service Providers), using Wi-FI or Mobile Data. Most of the times I am able to solve this problem by using a VPN, connecting my internet to other neighbour countries, like Italy etc. and then I log into these high level islands normally. The first login (using the VPN) sometimes needs a couple of re-tries, but then it's fine. I first thought that it was a problem that has to do with the Greek ISP only and the internet routing from here to the S8 servers, but as long as I found out this topic, then it seems that it is a severe problem that affects various countries. I am not sure if it is a routing problem to the Server that iOS devices use to connect to (with several "Request Time Outs" during the routing procedure) or something else, like Server overloading (I estimate a major problem with Server's RAM), as the High level islands are the only one affected by that. Perhaps, a combo of the above mentioned problems.

It's no need to open a ticket, as it has nothing to do with my account. It is a general problem and I am sure that other caretakers will mention it too. By the way, all my neighbours from Russian territories have the same problem too.

Please, contact your Server provider to investigate on this and if you need some more help on your investigation, please guide me how to provide it to you.
    If you're experiencing any issues with your account, which it sounds like you are, you will still need to please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast