Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Fashion Designer

Help - Game will not load

I can?t get Dragon Story to connect. All of my other S8 games are working fine. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks!

Latest Update ~ 1/17/23
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Definitely not years and hopefully not months, but I can't provide a definitive timeline other than as soon as possible. There's additional polishes like compatibility with iPhone screens that need to be included as well. Our team is working hard. We sincerely apologize for the wait and appreciate the patience of all Caretakers impacted. As soon as there's news to share, we'll pop in and update. Thanks again for your diligence and we hope to resolve this very soon.

Update ~ 6/24/22
    I'll share when more information is available. We're still experiencing challenges with staff and scheduling, but have made some strides to resolve this. There isn't a date to share on when Dragon Story will receive the update, but our team is working hard to take care of this! In addition to our fixes, there's App Store requirements that have to be completed too.

For those of you who also play Castle Story on iOS, you may have noticed the game recently received an update with some changes to help players log in. We found there wasn't any bug with the game, but if you've played for a really long time or have an ultra impressive Kingdom, then you might have some struggles logging in. There's still some things to smooth out, so if you're having struggles thanks again for bearing with us!

The things we learn from that will basically help us help Dragon Story, too. We believe this is the same issue.

The update for Dragon Story will come through the App Store the way Castle Story did for these fixes. It's possible when it's ready that you'll get it before I have the opportunity to post on the thread.

We appreciate the continued patience.

UPDATE FROM S8 3/14/22

Our team would like to resolve this as soon as possible. While we're not absolutely sure, we think you're timing out due to the amount of information that's trying to load when you log into the game. A common denominator was extremely difficult to pinpoint since every player has unique islands. This will very likely require an update to the game client, which will be a significant body of work because other improvements will need to be included. Unfortunately, this means more waiting.

We appreciate your love for our game and understand that you've been waiting for good news. We're currently experiencing challenges with resources and are working to resolve those as soon as we can. Unfortunately, at this time I can't offer a date but I'll be sure to share more information as soon as it's available. Thank you for your continued patience and for all of the troubleshooting that you've completed to help us research this.

As for compensation, we'll evaluate this at a later time when the issue is resolved. Thank you again for your grace and patience.

If storing items does help you, we appreciate you doing this while you wait.
    Instructions if you are experiencing this:
    Please complete this first!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    There is a lot going on behind the scenes trying to resolve this for you all. You won't get a 'valid reply' because the issue is being investigated. Here's a summary to keep you all in the loop:

1. update to iOS15 if you haven't already
    2. only send 1 ticket once for each ID you have. Support collates all ticket information for S8 to investigate. Do not update your ticket unless you have additional information you have not previously provided. If your ticket is closed it does not mean that the issue has been fixed and you should not log another one; the issue is still being investigated.
    3. when you do log a ticket, be really specific in the details you provide. eg, what connection types you use, steps you've tried, in-game actions you did before you were stopped being able to play. As much detail as possible about anything.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    The support team is tracking the issue for investigation.

- If you are able to update your device to iOS 15, please go ahead and do this.
    - If you are able to troubleshoot with your internet service provider, please also try this.
    - If neither of these improve your game connectivity, please contact support using the link in my signature.
    Hi everyone. If you've submitted a support ticket, you don't need to update it again. Support is tracking the issue for investigation. Once they have the details they need of your case, you don't need to update your ticket further unless you have new information. Our teams didn't see a cause on our end, but we're still investigating.

This also seems to occur intermittently for those experiencing it. If you're able to enter the game, try storing decorations (flowers, trophies, statues, etc) and if that helps, update your ticket so we can add that to the tracking.
    This is a safe space to vent your frustrations, but I'm also hoping for some details. ^^

I'm looking for specific dates (don't need times, just dates) on when each of you lost access. If you're intermittently connecting as well, dates of lost access and then gaining it would also help.

Edit to add: Pretty please don't update your support request unless you have new information to provide. Support records everything we need from your first ticket, unless they specifically ask you to complete actions. They won't be able to give you progress updates other than we are investigating it.
    Last edited by Paul__; 02-12-23 at 10:52 AM. Reason: updated with instructions

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelsail View Post
    I can?t get Dragon Story to connect. All of my other S8 games are working fine. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice? Thanks!
    If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8. Link is in my signature

Nightclub Owner
    I'm having the same problem and I also had this happen just last week! I've done everything they tell you to do (force close, reboot device, reboot router/wifi connection, uninstall/reinstall the app) still not working!
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I'm having the same problem and I also had this happen just last week! I've done everything they tell you to do (force close, reboot device, reboot router/wifi connection, uninstall/reinstall the app) still not working!
    Please contact support using the link in my signature. They'll be able to check your account.

(Moving to Bugs & Issues Forum)
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Nightclub Owner
    Uggghhh, it's happening again!! Why are there periods of time that the game just won't connect for some players? And I DO NOT want to hear that it's on my end because IT'S NOT!

Question Are the DS Servers Down?

Are there any issues with the DS servers? I've been trying unsuccessfully to connect to the game servers for the last 20 minutes on various devices with different accounts.

1. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I can get into Castle Story without any issues.
    2. There is nothing wrong with my devices (see #1 above).
    3. This has been happening intermittently over the past month. It usually clears up after a couple of minutes but not this time.
    4. I am not contacting support because this isn't an issue with my game and also, the issue would probably be solved by the time they see my ticket.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I tapped on the retry many times over the last two hours and finally managed to get in.

No force-closing, no resetting or restarting of the device. I can only conclude that there was some unexpected downtime.

Host(ess)

Help - Game will not load

Can someone please help me, My game hasn?t been able to load for two days now... I?ve tried turning my phone off, I?ve tried re-installing the game, I?ve tried using a different device, nothing works. This has been going on 5/6 weeks now, it just stops working for a day or two at at time. It?s so frustrating. I?ve now lost out on two dragons from battles and I?ve won every single dragon battle since they started. I?ve had to pay out 1000 gold for the final dragon of tales because it won?t let me finish. I?ve had to spend so much gold not to miss out and now have little left. I have no chance in the this current tales event. I have no idea why this is happening. I?ve heard from other people that this has happened to as so I know it?s not just me. Admin please help, I can?t raise a ticket as I can?t get into the game. Asagm

Nightclub Owner
    This has been happening a lot for me too. I also did all of the usual recommended tricks: reset my router, force close the app, restart my phone, uninstall/reinstall the app, etc.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-09-21 at 04:53 PM. Reason: support comments removed

Host(ess)
    I?ve had the same problem on and off for weeks

Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast