Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

I have been locked out for two weeks I got in for a short time this morning then locked out again. Been going on since November. Almost 4 months with a few updates but no progress in fact the problem continues to get worse. Surely someone could fix this problem in four months. What is going on?

This is my 5th week of waiting for Storm8 agents to fix my game so I can open Dragon Story. The first time it took 1 week, the second time, 2 weeks, now it?s beyond frustrating and they?re not getting back to me. I?ve done all I can on my end! I love the game and don?t have a lot of decor out but I?m left just waiting?

New Resident
    I am having the same issue where I cannot get into the game and it keeps saying I have network connectivity issues. Supports suggestion is to turn on notifications and wait for the next update to come out.

Executive Chef
    The connectivity issue is just starting to become an issue for me on my 2 higher level accounts, but I am still usually able to get in almost every day, so I have not reached out to Support. It seems like it could be a fruitless endeavor, anyway, based on the feedback here, although it also sounds like they would like to have data regarding which devices are having trouble, if it occurs at specific times of day, etc.

I would be very interested to know who at the business is aware of this issue. Is it just Support and IT? Are they trying to deal with it on their own without the support of management? I have a hard time believing that anyone who works on the business side (i.e. the people who deal with money and profits) or in higher levels of management would be ok with this ongoing issue because it is causing S8 to lose players and potential revenue. If people can't access the game, they can't purchase gold and value packs, right? So either the company has "enough" money from its other games that it doesn't "need" the money it gets from Dragon Story, or no one on the money making side is aware. From my research, I realize that Storm8 has many other games that do indeed make more money for the company than DS does; however, how many businesses ever claim to have "enough" money that they are willing to shut off a revenue stream? Also, if people become disenchanted with S8 in general due to this issue, they might abandon their other S8 games as well. In my assessment, resolving this issue as expediently as possible would be in the best interest of the company.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Well here we go again, Leaderboard just barely finished, Tales came up, my game went down and have not been able to get back in using two different ipads..this is ridiculous, it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Well after over two hours of trying, finally got back in , had first got in on android phone, and received my Leaderboard Global prizes, when I finally got in on ipad, my food prize from Global had disappeared..sent in ticket but not expecting much ..have had issues with other items before and if they have shown as ‘ given’ and even though I didn’t have them, they would NOT give me what was due.very frustrating with all these game problems now..
    Last edited by orson32; 03-12-22 at 01:23 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    you dont actually believe that this lock-out is really a glitch in the game. are you serious? This would have been fixed within days if it were a glitch. This is a way to keep players out of the game

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chloesisland View Post
    you dont actually believe that this lock-out is really a glitch in the game. are you serious? This would have been fixed within days if it were a glitch. This is a way to keep players out of the game
    To what end?

This thread started in August and still there is no resolution and no response from S8 if any progress is being made. Seven months of working on it with the problems getting worse. Only seems to affect level 200 accounts so maybe they do want us to quit. Why I’m not sure. Maybe our games are too big. Maybe new players bring in more money and they can’t be bothered with long time loyal players. Do the global leaderboard leaders get locked out? Why won’t S8 keep us up to date ? I feel like they don’t care about us.

I have managed to get more regularly by deleting decorations from my storage. Still have occasional hiccup, but as I manage to delete more decorations, I am able to login. If you manage to get in, prioritise by deleting the decorations from you storage.

The above worked for me and hope it works for others.

Sharing stats to see if there is a common denominator
    Playing on iOS 15.3.1

Level - 200
    Dragons - 869
    Habitats - 298
    Neighbours- 349
    Coins - 2,503,692,836
    Gold - 10,480

P.S. Since culling my decorations, the game has been more stable (once I get in). For example, over the past year, if I try and visit more than 3 Community Members or Neighbours, the game would crash without fail. I just visited 10 Community Members without a single crash.

If S8 are reading this, you should compensate players for loss gameplay time
    Last edited by bobxbob; 03-14-22 at 04:25 AM.

New Resident
    Thanks for the suggestion. I started deleting decorations regularly about a year ago or a bit longer than that. I cannot get into the game at all.

I think they don?t really care about the higher level players anymore. There?s a point where you start running out of room and you have to spend to expand and upgrade your habitats so people quit the game. Maybe that?s why they don?t care.