Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Rhino Keeper
    I totally get that it takes time to get something of this magnitude fixed but I totally get why my fellow caretakers are so frustrated not being able to log into their favorite mobile game for a little over 2 years now especially if they invested so much real life money into this game. There's some just waiting and chomping at the bit to invest more into their locked out islands. I will say thank you for letting those players vent instead of just deleting or possibly banning them for expressing themselves constructively. They definitely matter. I will say, though, there shouldn't be a a lot of summer vacations going on until this issue is fixed. I don't know how much longer some may wait until they just give up altogether and, for a great game like Dragon Story, that would be a sad scenario for caretakers and Storm8 respectively. The recent dragon designs have been wonderful - getting to the peak of FlatFoot's creativity and we certainly don't want those to go by the wayside at all. It's my hope, along with many others, that the first update to the game since 2017 will be huge with progression and creativity to the likes we've never seen. I, personally, think you guys may have turned a corner in all of this. Hopefully the finish line is more in sight than just a mirage. For those that care and have your hearts into improving the game, I thank you.

Farm Supplier
    I think it takes too long to load because there are many expired parts.
    May I suggest that developers perform the followings:
    1- remove expired/ past parts (from past events/ tales/ tournaments/ etc.). This should be an easy "low hanging fruit" to implement.
    2- increase the range for the "coins" field and computation. For a long term player, the island has huge amount of coins and 'numeric overflow" occurred quite frequently before my island crashed repeatedly and I could no longer log in (from 14 months ago). This should also be a simple fix.
    3- don't preload arctic isles, only load when player select to travel there,
    4- review (older) dragons with large image files (when technology to create them was less advance than now) and try to transfer them to (new technology) smaller image files.
    I think if you fix issues 1, 2 and 3, it will take a lot less time to load the game, and less time crashing. Issue 4 is costly but worth looking at some popular/expired dragons that may have large image files.
    I hope developers are working on fixing this log in issue.It has been too long.

The only way I managed to keep playing, is through Android; I downloaded the game on an Android phone so I can keep playing on my island and all the events (*?◡`*)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbelula View Post
    The only way I managed to keep playing, is through Android; I downloaded the game on an Android phone so I can keep playing on my island and all the events (*?◡`*)
    I believe this reason is why it's taking them so long to get an update done. iOS is a complicated system to fix for a game when there's so many bugs to squish. Yeah, Android can be difficult too as there's so many different systems under that umbrella and luckily that platform isn't really the big problem as most Android players, including yours truly, can play on them just fine. I would suggest to those locked out on iOS who played the game on Android before is to try to play the game on Android and see will their islands load. If they never played on Android then it'll be tricky to find Dragon Story as, unfortunately, it's not in the Google Play Store anymore. I say check a retailer "that's A to Z" to see if you can find it there. (not you Silbelula, but people in general) (cool username by the way). Hopefully The Stillfront Group, the owners of Storm8, can work out what ever issue they have with Google on the next update too and stop the parity between the operating platforms. Fingers crossed this little over 2 year nightmare ends before the end of the summer. Oh, and Storm8, please don't introduce anymore new elements until everything is fixed and all players can enjoy them.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbelula View Post
    What kind of Android? I got a fancy Samsung something or other, and it won't load my higher level accounts, only my new account.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    I totally get that it takes time to get something of this magnitude fixed but I totally get why my fellow caretakers are so frustrated not being able to log into their favorite mobile game for a little over 2 years now especially if they invested so much real life money into this game. There's some just waiting and chomping at the bit to invest more into their locked out islands. I will say thank you for letting those players vent instead of just deleting or possibly banning them for expressing themselves constructively. They definitely matter. I will say, though, there shouldn't be a a lot of summer vacations going on until this issue is fixed. I don't know how much longer some may wait until they just give up altogether and, for a great game like Dragon Story, that would be a sad scenario for caretakers and Storm8 respectively. The recent dragon designs have been wonderful - getting to the peak of FlatFoot's creativity and we certainly don't want those to go by the wayside at all. It's my hope, along with many others, that the first update to the game since 2017 will be huge with progression and creativity to the likes we've never seen. I, personally, think you guys may have turned a corner in all of this. Hopefully the finish line is more in sight than just a mirage. For those that care and have your hearts into improving the game, I thank you.
    Thank you for your kindness. Fun fact: The design team currently serving Dragon Story is FlatFoot approved and they've received a lot of support and advice from him when they were transitioning to the game. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by merdragon View Post
    I think it takes too long to load because there are many expired parts.
    May I suggest that developers perform the followings:
    1- remove expired/ past parts (from past events/ tales/ tournaments/ etc.). This should be an easy "low hanging fruit" to implement.
    2- increase the range for the "coins" field and computation. For a long term player, the island has huge amount of coins and 'numeric overflow" occurred quite frequently before my island crashed repeatedly and I could no longer log in (from 14 months ago). This should also be a simple fix.
    3- don't preload arctic isles, only load when player select to travel there,
    4- review (older) dragons with large image files (when technology to create them was less advance than now) and try to transfer them to (new technology) smaller image files.
    I think if you fix issues 1, 2 and 3, it will take a lot less time to load the game, and less time crashing. Issue 4 is costly but worth looking at some popular/expired dragons that may have large image files.
    I hope developers are working on fixing this log in issue.It has been too long.
    Numeric overflow shouldn't crash your game. You can experience this if you're using a device that only supports 32-bit max integer in computer language and your Coin balance exceeds more than 2 billion-ish. In our experience, the Coin balance will show as negative but it wouldn't cause any crashing. It is possible that you had a unique experience, though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is heart-warming that you're thinking deeply about the game. Hopefully we have news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    I believe this reason is why it's taking them so long to get an update done. iOS is a complicated system to fix for a game when there's so many bugs to squish. Yeah, Android can be difficult too as there's so many different systems under that umbrella and luckily that platform isn't really the big problem as most Android players, including yours truly, can play on them just fine. I would suggest to those locked out on iOS who played the game on Android before is to try to play the game on Android and see will their islands load. If they never played on Android then it'll be tricky to find Dragon Story as, unfortunately, it's not in the Google Play Store anymore. I say check a retailer "that's A to Z" to see if you can find it there. (not you Silbelula, but people in general) (cool username by the way). Hopefully The Stillfront Group, the owners of Storm8, can work out what ever issue they have with Google on the next update too and stop the parity between the operating platforms. Fingers crossed this little over 2 year nightmare ends before the end of the summer. Oh, and Storm8, please don't introduce anymore new elements until everything is fixed and all players can enjoy them.
    We run independently so any obstacles related to the app store are resolved by us. Our team is very hard at work on this! As soon as I have an update, I'll run to the thread at super sonic speed and let Caretakers know.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    What kind of Android? I got a fancy Samsung something or other, and it won't load my higher level accounts, only my new account.
    Android 12 and 13 have a known issue according to S8 and some islands will not load. So if you want to play you need to use an older tablet or phone that will not update beyond android 11.

Since game is not in play store, i am dubious if S8 will be fixing android. But i still hope.

Rhino Keeper
    Still not able to load game. I am patiently awaiting to get back to my to my islands. Please let us know when possible. Thx

Rhino Keeper
    For those that can still get into the game, our beloved FlatFoot has started a thread asking what your favorite dragons have been since the new designers took over in 2022. You can let him know on this thread https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...e-Dragons-2022. To the issue at hand, thank you Elsa for giving us a bit of an update on what's going on even if some feel it's not any info at all. I, personally, appreciate any info and have the confidence that things will get fixed soon. Not giving up on Dragon Story! I see great things ahead for this app and maybe even expansion on other platforms.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs0404 View Post
    Android 12 and 13 have a known issue according to S8 and some islands will not load. So if you want to play you need to use an older tablet or phone that will not update beyond android 11.

Since game is not in play store, i am dubious if S8 will be fixing android. But i still hope.
    I was going to upgrade my Android to the latest 5G last month but seeing the issues on 12 and 13, I'm glad I stuck with my Android 9 and my longtime Samsung phone. Thank you for the tip Rfs404!