Page 57 of 79 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Help - Game will not load

Rhino Keeper
    Dragon Story must not like older iPads either because even when I tried to create a fresh island, that dreaded screen comes on. Ah well, time to get a new iPad anyway. Thankfully I still have my Samsung Android and it works like a charm.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    Dragon Story must not like older iPads either because even when I tried to create a fresh island, that dreaded screen comes on. Ah well, time to get a new iPad anyway. Thankfully I still have my Samsung Android and it works like a charm.
    Dont be so confident that a new iPad is the answer! Mine is less than 12 months old, and the issues I have with loading as they ever were! The new iPad (new model, good strong download speed, plenty of memory) made no difference at all.

My current lockout comes when I was mid-event, and with a good chance of being at or near the top of the leaderboard. That's now gone. [Insert eye roll].

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Dont be so confident that a new iPad is the answer! Mine is less than 12 months old, and the issues I have with loading as they ever were! The new iPad (new model, good strong download speed, plenty of memory) made no difference at all.

My current lockout comes when I was mid-event, and with a good chance of being at or near the top of the leaderboard. That's now gone. [Insert eye roll].
    I'm also so frustrated. I had enough whatevers to craft the Oath Dragon, but I wasn't able to get into my second account in time to craft it. Now we are in a new month.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Still waiting for update.

So here’s the latest on my game. I forced my game to load by determination and when it loaded I cleaned out 90% of the garbage decorations in storage and now my game is loading FINGERS CROSSED it will continue to load. I’m still cleaning storage out and the game loads slowly but so far so good.
    when the error message came up I just kept hitting retry until it finally loaded and then started cleaning my storage.
    I started this task of getting to load with the intent to clean out storage and not play the game. Unfortunately there are things we can’t sell from storage like the gems we used to get to craft dragons.
    Last edited by pod5124cra; 02-09-23 at 01:24 PM.

Executive Chef
    Sounds quite positive, POD. The one drawback is that you have to be able to get into your game to start clearing the decorations. I have tried over 70 times in 24 hours, and can't get in. I've had patchy luck lol week. It's just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Sounds quite positive, POD. The one drawback is that you have to be able to get into your game to start clearing the decorations. I have tried over 70 times in 24 hours, and can't get in. I've had patchy luck lol week. It's just ridiculous.
    it is cumbersome for sure, and crashes some trying to play their events but at least I’m getting in if only to breed and clear for a now. Not what I call a whole lot of fun but it works for now.
    They definitely need to update this game for sure.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't know if I did something right or something but back in 2015 or 2016, I stopped putting every dragon on my island. Any egg that was sent to storage stayed in storage unless it was a unique element combination or I know would make a good fighter in tournaments. I have about 450 dragons in storage and I'm not even halfway into the Marble Key islands. I'm thinking that on some islands there's either too many decorations or dragons or older dragons taking up too much bandwidth as the reasons why some are blocked from loading. I also think there's too many dragons available in the game and my suggestion is to experiment with not releasing any new dragons for a minimum of 4 months, eliminate at least 150 common dragons and make a way to be rewarded with clearing decorations from storage like essence for gems. For events with the 4 month new dragon ban, I'd re-release dragons of the past and create events around them. No new monthly dragons, new arena dragons or new mining dragons would be released - all would be recycled from the past.
    Last edited by northernlight412; 02-11-23 at 11:59 AM.

We can’t get rid of the material to craft dragons from storage and I think they need to get rid of those before giving new dragons also.

Quote Originally Posted by pod5124cra View Post
    it is cumbersome for sure, and crashes some trying to play their events but at least I’m getting in if only to breed and clear for a now. Not what I call a whole lot of fun but it works for now.
    They definitely need to update this game for sure.
    I spoke to soon cause once again I can’t get in. I was so hoping it would work longer but I guess not. I lost my dragon I won when it stopped loading and I’m sure I’ll lose this one I have hatching. It was fun till it lasted LOL ��