Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woodworking - 2021 September 8

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    Very interesting!
    I hope Event items are available before the goal is unlocked.
    Ok will do a test and see if my baby farm can see and buy items, ha if I can find where grandkids put my old iPhone.
    On a mission.

Update: ok I sold myself one of each item with no problem.
    But said Sand Paper lower levels from cocoa trees.
    Harvested cocoa trees and got nothing will retry when trees ready.
    How do you sell items to your self?

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007fw View Post
    How do you sell items to your self?
    I have a baby farm.
    So I kind of sold it to myself...grandchildrens farm.
    I sold the items to the baby farm. It is an old iPhone grandkids play on with a farm on it.

Often though someone else buys because I not quick enough...but I was testing to see if items were visible.
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 09-13-21 at 05:31 PM.

Host(ess)
    I have a baby farm.
    So I kind of sold it to myself...grandchildrens farm.
    I sold the items to the baby farm. It is an old iPhone grandkids play on with a farm on it.

Often though someone else buys because I not quick enough...but I was testing to see if items were visible.
    Oh ok. I thought I had been missing something. Thanks

Farm Supplier

Extremely low drop rates for saws

Quote Originally Posted by draughnc View Post
    I have sent numerous planes and never get the saw. I get the tool set no problem. Also no saws in the newspaper. Is there a problem with the saw? This is an extremely low drop rate or I should say zilch on the saws. Very frustrating.
    I?m experiencing the same issue. If drop rates don?t improve for saws and saws are not available in the newspaper, I?ll not be able to complete the event. And I was really hoping to get the cuckoo clock.😔

Farm Supplier
    No saws are dropping from the deliveries! Is this a glitch? Anyone else having this issue? I?ve sent at least 50.

Executive Chef
    I lost my thought that I had almost a week ago since I've been so busy and I didn't write it down before I forgot.

Though for 10 gems, I absolutely am impressed with the height of the "Wood Workshop Desk" (chicken) thing. It's huge! I wonder what the Hand Carved Bench (sheep) and the Wooden Bear statue looks like, height wise and if it will be just as good as the chicken desk was.

Fashion Designer
    Love the Wooden Bear!
    I do too! I love all of the graphics for this event. I would like to have all the carvings as deco. I think they?re wonderful. Hats off to S8 for this one!

Rhino Keeper
    Is it possible that after the 9th goal, items are impossible to obtain except Oak wood from cuckoo clock and carving tools from plane?

Merci

I am one of the lucky Farmers who have passed the 9th goal.

Hi! I thought I'd pop in to the thread to reduce confusion about how this event is structured.

- We streamlined this event for "pertinent drops", such that items will only drop once you have actually unlocked the associated goal, and then stop dropping after you no longer need them.
    - We did notice that items were not being collected as often as we'd hoped, so I pushed two changes to address this: first, the drop rates for event items has been increased in proportion to the time remaining in the event (in cases where the adjusted drop rate exceeded 200% for previously-non-guaranteed drops, the quantity is doubled); secondly, I've added a method that will reduce instances of "streakiness" in drop rates.

Our goal with this change is to incentivize players to progress further in the event overall, and hopefully that picks up this weekend. Our next event will continue along this path, and we'll keep collecting player feedback so that we can understand your expectations as well. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the rest of the Woodworking event!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcalS8 View Post
    Hi! I thought I'd pop in to the thread to reduce confusion about how this event is structured.

- We streamlined this event for "pertinent drops", such that items will only drop once you have actually unlocked the associated goal, and then stop dropping after you no longer need them.
    - We did notice that items were not being collected as often as we'd hoped, so I pushed two changes to address this: first, the drop rates for event items has been increased in proportion to the time remaining in the event (in cases where the adjusted drop rate exceeded 200% for previously-non-guaranteed drops, the quantity is doubled); secondly, I've added a method that will reduce instances of "streakiness" in drop rates.

Our goal with this change is to incentivize players to progress further in the event overall, and hopefully that picks up this weekend. Our next event will continue along this path, and we'll keep collecting player feedback so that we can understand your expectations as well. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy the rest of the Woodworking event!
    Thank you so much for clarifying this yes, i did just notice more drops from chicken, as well as 2 saws drop at once from my 1 delivery. Thank you so much for this change; hopefully this will allow me to finish up the event with enough chicken drops with the time remaining

?-

1 suggestion I do have though: while I understand the idea of streamlining the events and not dropping items until we reach the specific goal (okay, not my favorite change because I am so used to collecting items ahead of time to prepare for the next goal, but I can learn to evolve and get accustomed to this new way given enough time), I DON?T quite agree with the idea of stopping the drops when we finish the goals.

Part of the biggest draw of this game (hence the reason why I?m still playing after years) is the sense of community and being able to help each other out during events. I still remember a couple years ago when that ability to sell event items to neighbors was taken away from us, and how that really sucked a lot of the fun out of this game and made me want to quit...I was so happy when it was finally brought back.

So when you stop allowing drops after we finally finish the goals (i.e. when we are finally able to sell our spares to help out our neighbors especially for those super rare drops), that feels like to me is basically not allowing us to sell to each other....and hence again taking away the fun of helping each other out during events...

?-
    Again, thank you very much for always bringing us new events and exciting new item (you guys are super creative! ). I really appreciate all S8 Team?s hard work happy weekend to you too~

p.s. can you explain what you mean by ?streakiness? in drop rates? i didn?t quite understand that sentence...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast