Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/02: Castle of Cards | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The card trader building is stunning!
    I didn't know what this was until I received it. It's really cute. But as it will most likely just be decoration after the event, I will probably store it. But it is a unique looking building. S8 artists do a marvelous job! Here is the card.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6057C9C3-8A07-4FC9-A02E-BD98A4CCA85A.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	60586

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5DCCA8B-F913-42AE-B5FF-A171B07A21B0.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	60587

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffihae View Post
    Hi. I havent been able to go past goal 3. It says i need a faerie card which can be collected from ponds. I got one which is the maximum amount it can hold. But my goals asks for 4 cards. Storm8 support isnt helping me and I lost so many event days becoz of this annoying thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacieQueen View Post
    The four cards that you need to collect for getting Faerie Deck.
    Goal: Beginner's Luck
    * Find a Water Faerie Card (A water source would have this!) 1 (from a pond or well)
    * Find a Glimmerdust Faerie Card (I've been craving Tomatoes... have any?) 1 (grow a couple of tomatoes to collect)
    * Find a Earth Faerie Card (Mooooo-ve over, ruler.) 1
    * Find a Fire Faerie Card (Fire loves wood... especially tree wood.) 1
    the glitch happened after I got the Water Faerie Card. I did not get Earth Faerie Card, Glimmerdust Faerie Card and Fire Faerie Card but I got the Faerie Deck so I could keep going to next goal.
    Just a little information to what is listed above:
    1) Look for the goal Beginners Luck in your goal book
    2j Click on GO by each un-completed step, it will take you to where you should collect each card.
    3) The Earth card is from collecting form cows.
    4) The Glimmerdust Faerie card is from collecting from crops (tomatoes)
    5) The fire card is from collecting from trees but many had to chop a 'plant in a log'.
    6) The water card is from collecting from ponds/wells. This is the one you have already collected.
    7) For some users they didn't need to collect all four to get the faerie deck.(glitch)
    8) Try and go as far as you can but you will be short on the card you have to collect from Ivy unless you speed up your collections.
    9) The side goals have confused many players so don't let that bother you.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Rhino Keeper
    I have to say that after one week of this event it?s starting to warm on me. I have all decks ready in advance and just waiting on Ivy for the next week, which does require some timing so as to avoid missing collections, but a 12h timer is pretty relaxed all things considered. It allows me to work on other goals I haven?t finished yet and put the extra crafting materials from chopping trees to good use. All things considered, a two week event allows much more margin for maintaining work on storyline goals and reduces pressure on energy since me have a longer period to finish. I?m casting my vote in favour of card type events <3

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kat_the_first View Post
    I have to say that after one week of this event it?s starting to warm on me. I have all decks ready in advance and just waiting on Ivy for the next week, which does require some timing so as to avoid missing collections, but a 12h timer is pretty relaxed all things considered. It allows me to work on other goals I haven?t finished yet and put the extra crafting materials from chopping trees to good use. All things considered, a two week event allows much more margin for maintaining work on storyline goals and reduces pressure on energy since me have a longer period to finish. I?m casting my vote in favour of card type events <3
    I am with you. S8 put a lot of thought into the event. We have to collect from chickens which spawn fangbeasts which we need for the Academy and Council storylines. We have to chop trees and again we need that for the Academy and Council storylines. We have to collect from ponds and that replenishes our water and mermaid scales. It is nice to hit the watchtowers for a change. The dead trees are boring and redundant from a resource perspective (aside from glimmer dust) because we are already getting wood from the tree chopping.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    IMO this event prizes are not worth the effort it requires to be put in. 3 decos, Molina with poor drops. I just feel Marnie and scrolls are the reason to play this event.

Now hopefully Marnie has a short timer and not a ridiculous 2 day timer or something.

Really looking forward to a juicy event next
    I?m playing for the scrolls.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yasalaam View Post
    I'm bailing out after goal 10. The chances of needing to use gems to finish with Ivy is high with only being able to miss two more collections, and the energy drain is (for me at least) way more intensive than forecast. I'm getting about 10% card drops for chickens and farmhouses, 25% for dead trees and 40% for trees. Usually I'm way ahead at this stage and just waiting on Ivy, but I've struggled to keep up with this one. The rewards don't seem worth it. This will be only the second event I'm not going to try finish and the other was my very first. I appreciate their mixing things up a bit, but this one's too much for me.
    If you need scrolls, you could finish most of it and only miss out on 5 scrolls.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I am with you. S8 put a lot of thought into the event. We have to collect from chickens which spawn fangbeasts which we need for the Academy and Council storylines. We have to chop trees and again we need that for the Academy and Council storylines. We have to collect from ponds and that replenishes our water and mermaid scales. It is nice to hit the watchtowers for a change. The dead trees are boring and redundant from a resource perspective (aside from glimmer dust) because we are already getting wood from the tree chopping.
    I worked ahead in the other decks and I have 3 each of 6 needed and & days to go waiting on Ivy; so I’ll finish on time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by yasalaam View Post
    I'm bailing out after goal 10. The chances of needing to use gems to finish with Ivy is high with only being able to miss two more collections, and the energy drain is (for me at least) way more intensive than forecast. I'm getting about 10% card drops for chickens and farmhouses, 25% for dead trees and 40% for trees. Usually I'm way ahead at this stage and just waiting on Ivy, but I've struggled to keep up with this one. The rewards don't seem worth it. This will be only the second event I'm not going to try finish and the other was my very first. I appreciate their mixing things up a bit, but this one's too much for me.
    I?m struggling too. I thought I was just about finished for one of the rounds and then discovered I needed more once I checked the Potion shop.

Chickens are extremely stingy and dead trees either give me none at all or 1-2. Once I received 3 but otherwise it?s chop chop chop and then out of energy yet again. It?s a tough event without a heavy energy buildup, which I don?t have. Ugh.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    I?m struggling too. I thought I was just about finished for one of the rounds and then discovered I needed more once I checked the Potion shop.

Chickens are extremely stingy and dead trees either give me none at all or 1-2. Once I received 3 but otherwise it?s chop chop chop and then out of energy yet again. It?s a tough event without a heavy energy buildup, which I don?t have. Ugh.
    Ditto to all of this.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Farm Supplier
    TOO MUCH ENERGY needed on this one. The dead trees are not dropping enough. Why dead trees and live trees? Too much wood. Too much chopping with sparse drops. Too many of the prizes are just deco, no drops. Anyone notice that is a trend? For this much energy consumed, should be an energy dropper in the end

Back to chopping!