Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 09/02: Castle of Cards | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    What does the card challenger drop?
    He has a 6 hour timer. So far, he has dropped living wood, 630 coins, mushrooms, 130 coins. I will add as I collect new drops. He is quite a dapper fellow!
    Glimmerdust, 660 coins
    Glimmerdust, Enchanter's Essence, 630 coins
    Lumin Essence
    Living Wood
    Last edited by Stymie52; 09-14-21 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Additional information

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    He has a 6 hour timer. So far, he has dropped living wood, 630 coins, mushrooms, 130 coins. I will add as I collect new drops. He is quite a dapper fellow!
    Where do you get the card challenger from?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    Where do you get the card challenger from?
    There is a package on the right side of the screen. I believe it pops up when you finish the event.
    See post #264.

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t know how to post the inventory card, but it says, ?A sneaky lad who?s got an eye for Hex cards. Visit him for a chance at Coins, Lumin Essence, or Glimmerdust!?

So far I?ve received coins and Glimmerdust.
    ETA just got Enchanter?s Essence.
    Last edited by Frostyforest34; 09-12-21 at 08:39 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post
    My first collection from Marnie gave me 5 oranges.
    Same here for my first collection. I have multiple accounts. One gave me 2 apples and some coins. 😕 But another one gave me a cobbler, which is what I?m mainly wanting - baked goods for trading. But 5 oranges are good, too - saves from spending 5 energy collecting from 5 different trees.

As for rollbacks - same frustration here. I was trying to chop my final few dead trees for Glimmerdust cards. I collected from my Cabbage Patch Dragon and received 20 energy. Woo hoo! But an immediate rollback happened, and when I collected again, I got 4 energy. Not even enough to chop 1 tree. 😡 And considering that some Dead Trees dropped ZERO cards (seriously???), not very helpful.

I *love* the birthday troll. On one account I put him next to Marnie, and it looks like he?s jumping up and trying to scare her. I don?t care what he drops - he?s staying on display because he?s cute. And the coin drop rate actually is good.

Finally, the Card Castle or whatever it?s called might be clever, but I can?t see part of it due to the collection thingy hanging above it. If that doesn?t disappear after the event, the building is going in storage.

Fashion Designer
    Not sure if I can finish. I have 4 more of the Ivy Decks to make and 2 each of the others. I have no problem except for the low drop chickens with all the other collections, but these Dead Trees are a joke. So many chops and very few results like ZERO on many of the trees. Not sure though how I can collect enough from Ivy in time either. I’ll probably have to speed up Ivy’s Hut but I don’t want to do that if I can’t chop enough Dead Trees in time. It’s going to get down to the wire which really bugs me. I like to finish at least somewhat early so I can ramp my reserves and coins back up as well as get some other chores completed like working on long term Kingdom stories. Very frustrating.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    The gifts are nice, but it would be preferable to have issues like the constant, silent "rollbacks" addressed. I may not finish this event because once again I had a rollback after an Ivy collect. This is the second rollback for this event. When events would let us miss 3-4 Ivy collections , or there was an adventure that would drop one, it wasn't such a big deal. Annoying, but not a serious impediment to finishing. Now that we have an event where you must spend $ to make up for rollbacks, it's awful. I can't always play for 15-20 mins every time I log in! Sometimes I log in just to collect from a time limited item!
    This. I think I'll have to use gems to finish this event. Normally you can do adventures to make up for missed collections from Ivy's but this time you have to be right on the clock. I extremely dislike resorting to a timer to play a game.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    This. I think I'll have to use gems to finish this event. Normally you can do adventures to make up for missed collections from Ivy's but this time you have to be right on the clock. I extremely dislike resorting to a timer to play a game.
    I also really didn't like the need to set alarms for almost 2 weeks.
    (and having no other non-Gem/ non-money way to get the Ivy drop)
    To demanding

Executive Chef
    I guess I'm the odd man out. Ivy was a guaranteed drop so basically had to check in twice a day for that for the last 4 days or so because I had everything else already completed.
    I did do a couple of travelers brew and kept my trade ticket exchange going.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I guess I'm the odd man out. Ivy was a guaranteed drop so basically had to check in twice a day for that for the last 4 days or so because I had everything else already completed.
    I did do a couple of travelers brew and kept my trade ticket exchange going.
    I did ok except the stupid ivy not giving a card twice. I have 2 collections to make, gonna be close