Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: order of priority

order of priority

What should I do first?
    I currently have the general store, butcher and veggie market at 2 units per.
    Which one should I upgrade next?
    Street Market 4 (4th slot)
    Pantry 45 (expansion to 45)
    butcher 3
    veggie 3

What do you guys think?

I'm only level 21 and the restaurant has only been open for 5 days, so I have very limited resources.

Thanks

Wow, no opinion on this?
    So, I went for pantry 45.......now I'm facing a similar decision.
    I'm probably gonna go for pantry 50 before street market 4, veggie market 3 and butcher 3.
    I just don't have enough shelf space to cook anything for this Mystery Dinner thing for the cruise. 36 spaces needed just to cook one dish.
    I think it's going to be enough to cook enough to master it. Perhaps I should give up and spend the parts in other areas.
    It's definitely not newbie friendly

Welcome to Restaurant Story 2! I would personally recommend first going for the Pantry and then going to upgrade your regular markets (Butcher, Veggie Shop, etc.). The Butcher and Veggie Shop give you a guarantee of the items once the timer is up, while the Street Market is randomized. The Cruise events are optional. New events are usually released every two weeks and have new content, such as characters and recipes. The reward for completing all 10 days of the cruise is a recipe that gives you a gem every time you cook it.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Ah thanks.
    So if I complete all 10 days, I don't need to complete "mystery dinner" to get the detective looking dude?
    I think I can finish all 10 days if I hold off on buying additional appliances and unlock additional ingredient. That will limit the random requests it can throw at me.
    And there it is, pantry 50
    Last edited by piggiful3; 08-26-21 at 03:32 PM.

Once you complete all 10 days of the cruise, Detective Hamhock will come into your restaurant and drop an ingredient to make the gem recipe. Once you tap on the bubble above his head for the first time, it will unlock the recipe. There is an optional side goal titled "Mystery Dinner" which rewards some golden stamps. Usually, the final cruise recipe is harder to make than the other recipes in the game, but that's because it rewards gems which are a premium currency. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Thanks, that order worked. I finished day 10.
    I did the following upgrade.
    Day 6 Pantry to 45
    Day 7 Pantry to 50
    Day 9 Butcher to 3
    Day 10 Veggie to 3

Now the only problem is making Red Herring. I didn't know it would take the yellow box thingy. I used up half of them just for fun

Yay! Congratulations. If you have the recipe unlocked, you will be able to keep it forever. The goal that requires you to cook it is optional.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Yay! Congratulations. If you have the recipe unlocked, you will be able to keep it forever. The goal that requires you to cook it is optional.
    Ah, cool, thanks

Farm Supplier
    Welcome to RS2! Nice to see someone active on the boards. I second what Paul said.

Try not to be in too big of a hurry to level up, the cruise events are adjusted for your level so they are much easier to finish when you're a lower level. Those special dishes, though--I'd just skip those if I were you, it's a struggle for me to finish them and I'm level 60, with pantry at 140 and I have General Store and Veggie Market at 6. The stamps often come at a premium, so I would hang onto those special ingredients (yellow box thing, etc.), you don't need to unlock all the recipes out the gate, it will just mean more options they can throw at you during cruises. Trying to finish cruises to collect the characters will help you in the future be able to make more gem recipes. Each character is new and gives you a recipes that always produces at least 1 gem. Those recipes often require a lot of ingredients and you may not be able to make them now, but you won't have a chance to get the character ever again. Like Paul said, the goal of cooking the new dish is optional (if you finish it, it awards you stamps). The best advice I have is using this message board. There are great guides and Paul sets up a post for every new event detailing the recipes, etc. You're on the right track. I say prioritize your pantry size and expanding the stores (general and veggie are most used, followed by the butcher). I've been playing for years and I still haven't maxed everything, just focused on what I needed--and sometimes unlock things because I happened to have the right tools and didn't want to throw things out (your toolbox and pantry have the same capacity, so sometimes you have to dump nails waiting for hammers or whatever). Best of luck! Hope you are enjoying the game. It's my favorite S8 game.

Quote Originally Posted by footballmel View Post
    Welcome to RS2! Nice to see someone active on the boards. I second what Paul said.

Try not to be in too big of a hurry to level up, the cruise events are adjusted for your level so they are much easier to finish when you're a lower level. Those special dishes, though--I'd just skip those if I were you, it's a struggle for me to finish them and I'm level 60, with pantry at 140 and I have General Store and Veggie Market at 6. The stamps often come at a premium, so I would hang onto those special ingredients (yellow box thing, etc.), you don't need to unlock all the recipes out the gate, it will just mean more options they can throw at you during cruises. Trying to finish cruises to collect the characters will help you in the future be able to make more gem recipes. Each character is new and gives you a recipes that always produces at least 1 gem. Those recipes often require a lot of ingredients and you may not be able to make them now, but you won't have a chance to get the character ever again. Like Paul said, the goal of cooking the new dish is optional (if you finish it, it awards you stamps). The best advice I have is using this message board. There are great guides and Paul sets up a post for every new event detailing the recipes, etc. You're on the right track. I say prioritize your pantry size and expanding the stores (general and veggie are most used, followed by the butcher). I've been playing for years and I still haven't maxed everything, just focused on what I needed--and sometimes unlock things because I happened to have the right tools and didn't want to throw things out (your toolbox and pantry have the same capacity, so sometimes you have to dump nails waiting for hammers or whatever). Best of luck! Hope you are enjoying the game. It's my favorite S8 game.
    Thanks, I really don't want to level.....but it just happens
    I'm focusing on getting veggie market to 4 and pantry as big as possible. I just recently expanded because I ran out of space
    At level 30, I still have no interest in unlocking things like seafood or cucumber. Though I did give in and put in the mixer and the pizza oven last night.
    Yes, the cruise gets harder because it throws all kinds of stuff I can't make at me. But overall, my second cruise seems to be going alright, since my pantry is 3 times as big as when I was doing my first cruise.

So, other than making gem recipe, are there other good uses for those gold stamps?
    I want to finish the side quest primarily to get those 4 gold stamps
    I have been able to make mastery spice thingy since I got to level 25, so it actually isn't all that difficult. It just takes a lot of space and a lot of mastery spices.

Any other tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast