Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 08/05: Wildfire Faeries | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglimmer View Post
    I really need to stop doing storybook events. I'm on day nine, about to go to sleep. I sent out my requests this morning as soon as I got up, received 20 notices in my news within the first hour or so, but the counter has been at one out of 20 all day. I've forced close many times, I've visited neighbors, I've sent a request to support, but it's all too late now. I just need to learn to enjoy the other challenges and skip the story books.
    If they didn?t do neighbor requests, they would be enjoyable.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    She does sound more like a daily doesn't she. I've asked the team about this and also a couple of other things! Will share if they come to fruition
    Thanks SpiritWind!

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Ronja, I have looked at your advice for the sidegoals at every angle. But I must have a mental block. All my sidegoals autocompleted and I didn't have any issues with needed drops stopping or anything. The only time my drops would stop is when I hit that build/upgrade button and had to wait on next chapter to open. Next storybook, I'll pay more attention to see if I notice anything. I'm definitely missing something here.
    I guess I got all my scrolls, but I hadn't paid attention to how many I started with. Just not a high priority for me I guess. My interest waned after I saw that it was taking sooo long to get the scrolls. I'll have to go back and read more about those characters. I have gotten a couple of them. The ones that gave energy.
    Hi riverly,
    There are 2 issues with the side goals I've encountered, and I'm not sure which you're referring too.

I'll begin with the issue I had with the last side goal, and my 50 Scroll being taken away or not rewarded in the first place. (I didn't check my amount of scrolls after finishing the event)
    I've finished the event, so obviously I gathered all the requirements for the last upgrade and should have finished the last side goal asking for those event items.
    A couple of hours after finishing, the last side goal got active again, asking for the final upgrade requirements and rewarding 50 Scrolls (but low level requirements instead of high level)
    Thinking I could earn 50 EXTRA scrolls (for completing this buggy extra side goal), I checked to see how many scrolls I had and only then noticed I was short 50.
    I have no idea what happened, but someone here said it had to do with the last side goal auto-completing. What mimifioradulce said makes sense, but I just can't remember what I did differently than in previous storyb. events.
    I've never run into that problem before, and not many people posted about this, so obviously it's a rare bug.
    I completed the 'bug-side goal' and got my 50 scrolls. Took some extra time and energy, but I'm glad it's resolved.
    To prevent this in future storybook events, I'm gonna save 1 craft for the last day, so the last side goal isn't closed immediately (the equivalent of the window planter for example)

The other bug with side goals has to do with the Firefox drops (or it's equivalent in other events)
    Normally event stuff drops as long as any Chapter is open. but the Firefoxes are different, they would only drop event stuff if you needed it for a goal, preventing us from collecting Soft Fur in advance.
    We found out in previous events that if you keep the side goal open (for example by not collecting scorched wood in advance) and the firefoxes small (prevent them from growing up by storing after collecting) you can keep collecting from the Firefox.
    But in later Chapters you need antler velvet (or it's equivalent in other events) from firefoxes too, so I ended up with too much Soft Fur.
    I'm trying to say.. this little 'work-around' eases the mind by being a bit more prepared, but it it's not necessary.. you can easily collect the stuff later when another goal asks for it..

The only important thing in Storybook events is to keep Chapters open so you can collect and craft ahead. the above you can all forget
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-16-21 at 02:29 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    If they didn?t do neighbor requests, they would be enjoyable.
    I don't really mind the neighbor requests on day 5. Even if it takes until the next morning, you can usually catch up pretty quickly. This time for the day 5 request, I only sent out the first half of my neighbor list, and they all came in within an hour or so (thank you, to many people on the forum who are my neighbors). I ended up with 30 too many, but none for the last few days, so I don't think the issue is that it was still the day 5 request being filled.
    This is the first time it has happened to me in a few years, but I know it strikes pretty randomly. Since it is out of Storm8's control, I wish they would simply stop using it. I'm now half way through day ten. I sent out new requests this morning. I've been stuck on 19 for a while, but I'm still hopeful.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    You have 10 days to complete if you start on days 1-3. The storybook auto starts 3 days after release which means you also can have 10 days to complete and you'll finish the day the whole event expires (ie as shown on the value pack screen). So, if you started 4 days or later after the goal was released, you have only got the time left till the event expires as they normally do on the Thursday (or Wednesday in US) in your timezone.
    Thanks for explaining it!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglimmer View Post
    I don't really mind the neighbor requests on day 5. Even if it takes until the next morning, you can usually catch up pretty quickly. This time for the day 5 request, I only sent out the first half of my neighbor list, and they all came in within an hour or so (thank you, to many people on the forum who are my neighbors). I ended up with 30 too many, but none for the last few days, so I don't think the issue is that it was still the day 5 request being filled.
    This is the first time it has happened to me in a few years, but I know it strikes pretty randomly. Since it is out of Storm8's control, I wish they would simply stop using it. I'm now half way through day ten. I sent out new requests this morning. I've been stuck on 19 for a while, but I'm still hopeful.
    I agree. Asking for 20 on day 9 isn?t good. I was stuck on 18 all day and then it went to 19 and then back down to 18 when they took one away. 😢. I?ll finish on time just because I worked ahead and stayed up/woke up to finish day 9 by sending out more scroll requests to finish that day up.

Rhino Keeper
    I got my 100 scrolls from this event and I?m wondering if there is an advantage as to whom to wake up first; Jareth or Chase. I have 195 scrolls; one requires 100 and one requires 150.

Executive Chef
    I agree. Asking for 20 on day 9 isn?t good. I was stuck on 18 all day and then it went to 19 and then back down to 18 when they took one away. . I?ll finish on time just because I worked ahead and stayed up/woke up to finish day 9 by sending out more scroll requests to finish that day up.
    I agree, if we, say, had neighbor requests Day 6 or 7 it wouldn't be so frustrating. Since they can take 24-48 hours to process.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    I got my 100 scrolls from this event and I?m wondering if there is an advantage as to whom to wake up first; Jareth or Chase. I have 195 scrolls; one requires 100 and one requires 150.
    Both will give you a 5 min unlimited energy boost. I lean towards Chase over Jareth. Chase will get you closer to Idris which is a 24 hr energy dropper.
    If you wait for 5 more scrolls, you can go for Professor Clover who gives you the Academy Flower which drop scrolls. (If you already have a lot of energy droppers.)

Fashion Designer
    Renee has changed to a 24hr timer.

So happy to have finished this event with the gorgeous prizes that drop needed items. I really like her wings and that the movement of them is different. It reminds me of the way a butterfly flutters it’s wings.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    Renee has changed to a 24hr timer.

So happy to have finished this event with the gorgeous prizes that drop needed items. I really like her wings and that the movement of them is different. It reminds me of the way a butterfly flutters it’s wings.
    I just saw that she had a check mark over her, and did a double take. Second collection from Renee was a Shield token, 150 coins, and 4 energy.