Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 08/05: Wildfire Faeries | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    today
    yeah, do we know what time today? In the past I?ve seen the time listed somewhere; either in the game on in the forums. I?m trying to get in one more scorched hog and trying to figure out if it?s worth the effort. Ty.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    Oh, wow. I was so very happy to have a weekly energy dropper, and now she?s a daily. ☹️
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrewS11 View Post
    Same here. Very disappointed bc I spent tons of gems to get her for that reason!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Yes, me, too. I wouldn't have spent so much money on gems and packages to get her, even though she is pretty. I was hoping to work my way up to having 7 weekly energy droppers, giving me one 40 energy bonus per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Joining the others saying "booooo" at Renee being changed to a daily. I think I will take another event break for a few months.
    Considering the teaser screen for Renee (energy bolts shooting out in every direction) it was reasonable for us to assume she would be a weekly like the gardener girl. I try not to complain about troubles in the game, I realize that it would take manpower to fix very well-known problems, like tabs in the market and bank. But this isn't a legacy coding problem. Storm8 has control of the specs of this prize. And right now I feel like it's a bait-and-switch. :-(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Considering the teaser screen for Renee (energy bolts shooting out in every direction) it was reasonable for us to assume she would be a weekly like the gardener girl. I try not to complain about troubles in the game, I realize that it would take manpower to fix very well-known problems, like tabs in the market and bank. But this isn't a legacy coding problem. Storm8 has control of the specs of this prize. And right now I feel like it's a bait-and-switch. :-(
    I guess that there is no reason posting about what event prizes drops, at the beginning of events now since S8 will keep false advertising for the sole purpose of conning players to play more aggressively and spend real money. Would you want to play games that way? It?s pretty f&$&#&# sad!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by storm81775 View Post
    yeah, do we know what time today? In the past I?ve seen the time listed somewhere; either in the game on in the forums. I?m trying to get in one more scorched hog and trying to figure out if it?s worth the effort. Ty.
    Presumably 6:00 pm Pacific, same time the value pack expires. The Featured event sale items show 10 hours (which would be after 6:00), but that really means between 9 and 10 hours; they seem to round up. So that’s when the event ends for everyone.

Executive Chef
    Yes, prizes like gardener-girl, Portiabella, others, had the multi energy bolts in the splash screens. They all were weeklies.

And when I first got Renee, she had a 7 day timer. It was switched to daily after a few days, when I noticed Renee "suddenly" was available to collect from. I too spent gems, and am unhappy/frustrated at this result.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 08-18-21 at 01:20 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Though she was incorrectly released with the wrong timer, we don't recall releasing a teaser for her implying she would have a 7 day timer for energy. Do you happen to have a screenshot of this so we can look into it?
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Though she was incorrectly released with the wrong timer, we don't recall releasing a teaser for her implying she would have a 7 day timer for energy. Do you happen to have a screenshot of this so we can look into it?
    I don't want to speak in her place, but I think Lavenderdale was saying that the teaser screen was reminiscent of the teaser screens for other weekly droppers, like the Gardener Girl, so it was reasonable for players to assume that Renee' would be the same. Kind of like if you see a red and white candy cane, you assume it will be peppermint based on your previous experience of having red and white candy canes, so you get disappointed when it turns out to be strawberries and cream (ok, I know some people would prefer that but I'm just shooting from the hip here!).

For me, regardless of what the teaser screen showed, the fact that I do read the forum multiple times per day and saw that people were posting that Renee' had a 7 day timer, I became much more invested in completing the event at any cost since I have a goal of having more weekly droppers. As I stated previously, even though I like Renee' and appreciate the extra energy that she drops, I would have not invested as much time and money to finish the event on all of my accounts. I would have chosen just a couple accounts that have fewer daily droppers.

I do appreciate that you are looking into this, PikaSquirrel!!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Renee was released with the 7 day timer by accident, and always had the drops of a 24 hour Alicorn. She was adjusted to the correct 24 hour timer once this was caught. There should be no images displaying her as an Energy dropper or her having a 7 day timer. We understand based on what information was available on the forum how there could be confusion, so in good faith we will be adjusting her to a weekly Energy dropper with a guaranteed 40 Energy drop. She will also still drop Tokens and Spellbound Dew.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Presumably 6:00 pm Pacific, same time the value pack expires. The Featured event sale items show 10 hours (which would be after 6:00), but that really means between 9 and 10 hours; they seem to round up. So that?s when the event ends for everyone.
    Thank you so much! I was able to summon one more scorched hog.
    ❗️Not Adding New Neighbors. ❗️
    ❗️🚫Do Not send Invites🚫❗️

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    Renee was released with the 7 day timer by accident, and always had the drops of a 24 hour Alicorn. She was adjusted to the correct 24 hour timer once this was caught. There should be no images displaying her as an Energy dropper or her having a 7 day timer. We understand based on what information was available on the forum how there could be confusion, so in good faith we will be adjusting her to a weekly Energy dropper with a guaranteed 40 Energy drop. She will also still drop Tokens and Spellbound Dew.
    Thank you for listening to players, SgtBeebo. I'm sure everyone disappointed by the change will be happy to see the switch back to 7 day collection time with 40 energy drop.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******