Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/8: The Council (main story) | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    I have a problem and will probably need to contact S8 support, it thought I'd try here first. I expanded to the Old King's castle and collected once. No clue so while I was waiting for the hour to be up, I moved the castle and my clouds so I could access them better. Put the castle back, and now it will not show the timer. It says expand to claim my reward even though there are no marks as if the expansion reset. So it appears that I should be able see the timer and collect when the hour is up (and it should be by now). Without this, I cannot proceed.

Any suggestions before I contact S8?
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Did you force close? It won't matter where it sits on your board. My game just glitched and reset the expansion, so perhaps it might come good again after you force close.

My land reverted back to locked for the 3rd time and won't come up with the expansion anymore and my resources are gone... will keep force closing and see if that fixes it. We all encounter issues!

Fashion Designer
    I have a few questions due to a bad memory. Can someone please help me? I'm on level 11 and I don't remember where I found the following items:

Troll Treaties: I need 21 more of them. I assume they drop from the Troll Camp. Is that correct? Is it a guaranteed drop or do we need to hope we get enough in time to finish the first part in 8 days?

Troll Axes: I need 17 more. Do these drop from the Sawmills? Or do I have these confused with the Troll Treaties? The drops from Sawmills are usually intermittent and a fairly rare drop. Same question as above.

Traveler's Brew: I need 13 of these, and I can make them in the Potion Shop in 2 hours. The brew requires 65 Fire Flowers from Aspen trees, 5 Mermaid Scales, and 3 Hair of the Beast from Fangbeasts. I've hit a snag here. My farmhouses, usually able to spawn Fangbeasts, are not even spawning one when I collect from all 25 of mine, and so far I figure they are spawning once or twice per 50 collections. Unlike some other trees, the Aspens don't spawn Fangbeasts. All I can trigger from Aspens are Skunupines, so far. Can someone recommend a good place to find Fangbeasts? Chickens and Cows sometimes work but the rate is really low.

Does anyone know what the Level 12 requirements are to complete The Council Part 1? Is it even possible to collect everything we need in the 8 days to complete the Council's Challenge? How much energy should it take? I have a decent energy bank, but is it worth it to try to complete the Challenge?

I know I have a lot of questions but the answers can help everyone trying to do this within the time frame.

That said, this looks like an interesting event and I always like the storyline quests. The island has added new excitement to the kingdom and this event might answer the question of how the Ruler came to find themselves in a Kingdom and needing to rescue Thurston, clad only in his skivvies. I have occasionally wondered about that. It's refreshing to get back to the original storyline after all these years. Great job, S8!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeaksy View Post
    Anyone struggling with fangbeast? I can't get any to spawn? Have cleared cache and am now buying traps to get them.
    I am only getting skunks to swarm. No fangbeasts!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've asked S8 to check on fangbeast spawns.

Fashion Designer
    Sawmills used
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Executive Chef
    The terrible part about Aspen trees seems to be that they basically ONLY spawn skunkupeas - not fangbeasts. And we need to hit those trees like crazy - while also getting at least SOME fangbeasts ( which went into hiding).

Would be great if Aspen trees would also spawn fangbeasts.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I don't know if this will help but it is from Stormwind's sig.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ugget-5-Beasts

Fang beasts Found: Cows, Chickens, Pigs, Mink, Swan, Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, Stables, Hatchery, Farmhouses, Fangbeast Trap, Glimmeregg Bunny, Season 5 Training Dummy, Shih Tzu, Ugly Goose, Lair of Beasts

For comparison, skunkupines Found: Blue-Flower Penstemon, Cloudberry Bush, Iceland Poppy Patch, Red Trillium, Rocket Larkspur, Talinum Auranticum, White Trillium, Auranticum Shrub, Red Trillium Shrub, Iceland Poppy Shrub, Larkspur Shrub, Penstemon Shrub, White Trillium Shrub, Corn, Fellora Blossom, Gingerbloom, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Tomato, Aspen Tree, Patch of Tall Grass, Skunkupine Trap, Fire Fox, Pepe le Skunkupine, Shih Tzu, Lair of Beasts

I've just gathered from farm houses, minks and cows. My lair of beasts chose a skunkupine to spawn. It is one option it can choose. But with the other collections, I do think the fangbeast spawn needs checking. Thank you Spiritwind for sending in an inquiry.

Maybe we should try other trees. Bleh, I just filled my forest area with aspen which is the only tree listed for skunkupine.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 07-08-21 at 04:18 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've asked S8 to check on fangbeast spawns.
    Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    After we do the expansion, it exposes the Old King's Castle, which has a 60 min timer. We collect from the Old King's Castle, and we again "search for more clues". The game took me back to the Old King's Castle when I tried to "search for more clues" using the button in the Goalbook, but the clue item also looks like the same thing we got from Cottages. So I will try those also.

Attachment 59983
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    I’m waiting on my 5th visit to the Old King’s Castle to search for more clues…!
    The clue from the cottages is Not the same as the clue from the Old Kings Building.

I hope 6 or more collections is an unlucky extreme, not the norm!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast