Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/24: As Busy As A Baron | event information on page 1

I want to say a big, huuuuge thank you to the S8 team for this event. I started it 1 day late and finished few days before time run out. As I have a lot of daily and some weekly alicorns, the energy is not a problem for me. This event has been very pleasant for me, no need to set timer, ruin the night sleep or disturb the family life or the summer holidays. This is the CastleStory I love.
    I like all the prizes, and as always, dialogues and visuals are magnificent.
    My endless gratitude goes also to wonderful SpiritWind and ShibuyaCloth who give so much their precious time and effort for this forum. Without you I wouldn't be able to finish at least half of the events.
    Thanks a lot!

Executive Chef
    I was away from the forum (but still playing my game!!) over the weekend, and when I came back to my computer Tuesday it really warmed the cockles of my little heart to see the responses from awesome forum members responding to my previous post of frustration about having difficulty completing the event due to lack of energy. SpritWind was the first to offer some guidance and assistance, and then TeikaEmberstorm, Lavenderdale, RonjaR82, and SofiaDeo all stepped in to write lengthy posts full of great information and wisdom gleaned from their experience in playing the game. The fact that you all would take the time and energy to write all that out and help me so much with my game means a lot to me! I would buy you all coffee (or tea or whatever you like) if I could! Thank you also to those who wrote some shorter responses. I have made notes of some of the many great tips you all gave me.

I know now that I need to not try to complete all the events since I am still relatively new and don't have a lot of energy givers yet (although I won an Alicorn!). Thank you to Lavenderdale for the suggestion about the Wizard Schools! I want to explain that I was especially excited about this particular event because I relate to the characters and the storyline as I was raised on a sheep and cattle ranch in Montana, and we literally have real beavers right outside our door as well as may species of wild ducks (and other wildlife). I grew up loving animals and have been fortunate to be able to have pet ducks and geese, but I can't have them anymore because I had to leave the ranch to work in the city. I'm hoping to retire back to the ranch when the time comes and perhaps have pet waterfowl again. In the meantime, my animals in Castle Story serve as my little digital pets. lol! So I was trying really hard to get all the critters. I'm sorry if I came across as a bit of a "Debbie Downer" in my post. Thanks again to everyone who offered assistance! <3
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    oh, I am so upset. I think we let a new player down. The very first thing anyone should buy is Two Wizard Schools. NOTHING else in the game is as important as this. I am not good at seeing things right in front of my face, so maybe I completely missed them. But looking at what may be an alt account, I did not see them.
    I missed them for THE longest time, too!

I finished the event and?.!

I finished the event, the screen came up telling me I got the Duck, Scrolls, etc. The Scrolls are in my Inventory but not the Duck.
    I?ve forced closed, 2x, checked my Inventory, and still no Duck. HELP! PLEASE! S8! THANK YOU!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    I finished the event, the screen came up telling me I got the Duck, Scrolls, etc. The Scrolls are in my Inventory but not the Duck.
    I?ve forced closed, 2x, checked my Inventory, and still no Duck. HELP! PLEASE! S8! THANK YOU!
    the ducks wont be in your inventory they will be walking around the game because they are walkers so look at your kingdom and you should see them

Quote Originally Posted by Katnessbella View Post
    the ducks wont be in your inventory they will be walking around the game because they are walkers so look at your kingdom and you should see them
    Thank you, Katnessbella. They still are not there. They are checked in the Walkers thing, but not walking in my Queendom. I’ve tried everything. S8 I need HELP!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    Thank you, Katnessbella. They still are not there. They are checked in the Walkers thing, but not walking in my Queendom. I’ve tried everything. S8 I need HELP!
    You should force close your game (so you get the loading horse again) and then put your game into edit mode to find them. They are tiny and like hiding behind objects. Some players have roads only in strategic places so that they can find walkers easily. They will be there I'm sure. Ask one of your neighbours to check for you as it's sometimes easier to look on another person's board.

Farm Supplier
    I?d like to say thank you for the support of the community during these events. It?s nice to see folks helping each other out.

S8, shame on you. The minute I saw one of the final tasks on step 10 needed 5 gold nuggets, I knew it was over and this has set the tone for events in the future.

WHY did you make 5 gold nuggets, a rare drop as it is, necessary to complete this other than it?s a money grab? You?re banking on people who spent a week grinding out these tasks deciding in the 11th hour they HAVE to buy gems to complete the event. Yeah, no. It?s a trend I?m seeing in your other games as well.

Look, I get you guys want to make money off your game. I?ve spent a few bucks here and there. It won?t happen for me again. Sorry. The money grab was enough for me.

I?ll continue to participate in events but the minute I have to buy gems to go any further, I?m done with that event. It would have been close for me to finish this one due to just decimating my coal supply but I would have just made it. I?ve also left a review on the App Store outlining how events seem to work now.

It?s not fun participating in an event just to reach the last step and realize you?ve wasted all your time and resources on something there?s no hope in finishing. Lesson learned for me the hard way.

Congrats to all that finished and especially to those who didn?t have to spend any real money to get there.
    Last edited by Kirrawynne; 07-08-21 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Typos

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirrawynne View Post
    .... It?s not fun participating in an event just to reach the last step and realize you?ve wasted all your time and resources on something there?s no hope in finishing. Lesson learned for me the hard way. ....
    This is the main reason we have such an amazing first page. (page 1 in every event thread)
    All information/ requirements are there very early in the event and you can adjust you strategy/ plans/ hopes based on that.
    If it's impossible to finish, it might be better to focus on intermediary prizes and work on other things in the mean time.

Golden items are hard to get in the beginning, but it will get easier.
    Once you have the Mythic Research Center, the Golden Peacocks are really great (and cheap)
    Keep collecting from and upgrading your Sparkling and Deep Mine. (get 2 of both)
    Earning Gems in-game will get easier too (among others from Adventures and Dragons), and I have bought 2 Golden Mines in a sale with them. (golden mines drop 1 Golden item each day, very much recommended if it appears in a sale again)

I'm sorry you couldn't finish this event.

Farm Supplier
    My mistake then for not thinking to have to use the internet for this information. I tend not to go to boards unless I have to do I don?t think to look for posts like that. Lesson learned again to just not participate.

I like to be able do things on my own, figure it out on my own. The information is wonderful and appreciated but it shouldn?t be necessary.

Thank you.