Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/24: As Busy As A Baron | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGirl9 View Post
    While I understand from a story-line point of view that chopping live trees and dead trees makes sense, it would have been kind of the designers to make one of the things we have to chop drop coal. Why couldn't we make a stone dam wall?
    Hm~ Pure stone mightn't've been as secure. 🤔 Both Dam Beams (wood) and Dam Blocks (stone) are going into its construction.

We'll need 480 Stone total for the 40 Dam Blocks used to make the dam, so we do need to chop things that have a chance of dropping coal (granted we don't really need to focus on collecting these basic resources as we'll get enough wood and stone just by going after the harder to get event drops and rarer of the standard needs, it seems like most things that regularly provide stone have a chance at dropping coal, and we'll get enough Wood and Living Wood for the Dam Beams by chopping trees). ( Edit: ah, Sorry if I misunderstood that last bit and you meant more that tripling/quadrupling down on chop-able coal-dropping Event resources that would drop everything we need from less sources would've been preferable, that certainly would cut down on Energy usage! )
    I've personally switched to mostly trees for my Wood Planks, trying not to tap ponds/wells (unless I'm heading out and just need oooone more Wood Plank to get the next Dam item crafting, and am without any convenient multi-taskable grown trees my open Storylines need to tap) since we have to fight beavers... i'm just trying to find a more efficient use of my energy.
    Oof.

Quote Originally Posted by apexpeak View Post
    This morning I got a wood plank from Ivy's Hut.
    Thanks for the tip about Ivy! 😊

Good luck all! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 06-25-21 at 11:25 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    In Goal 6, you have to collect from Brown Ducks to get a Brown Egg.
    I could get a second Egg, but only after starting the craft 'Hatch the Egg' for the first one.
    I think that's the only 'window of opportunity' (after starting the craft, before collecting it), once you collect the white hatchling, I thing the craft will disappear.

I now have both of my Magic Forge's doing the 'Hatch the Egg' craft. I won't be collecting both, just 1. (from what I remember from previous tries, you can't have 2 of them and you're forced to sell it)
    Collecting the second one when the first one is in the 'Dapper Duck' craft. (but before collecting the Dapper Duck, or that craft will probably be gone too)
    Very interesting. I decided to try hatching the second egg, too. We can compare notes to see what happens.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Yes! Agreed, That's the branching opportunity. 😊❤️

My value pack screen won't load either (first image attached), but from scrolling my screenview to place the sidebar pop-up over the blue water (second image attached below) I can discern that Coins (? Amount), Black Cloth (Event item craft), Unlimited Energy (Edit: 35 minutes' worth), Trade Tickets, and Coal in some unknown combo (thanks to the spinny load wheel) will be included.

Attachment 59856
    Attachment 59855

I assume golden nuggets will be included in a later Value Pack up on offer as a player progresses through the goals and needs different items, but that's small comfort to lower-level players (esp. free-to-play, or "Resistant to/ Resentful of 'Forced Spending' " feels) who are still stuck in the grind. :/ <3
    I?ve tried to load it for two days and it won?t load.

Rhino Keeper
    If any of you have one or more of the Faux Reindeer from last December, it drops coal regularly and only has a 30 min timer!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I was pleased to see the initial $4.99 value pack with 15 minutes of unlimited energy, 40 wood planks, and 100,000 coins. I have a number of goals requiring 500,000 coins now, and I am always willing to pay $4.99 to get my accounts off to a good start for events. However, once I upgraded the pond to level 4, the cheaper value pack disappeared and now I have the one everyone is talking about that costs $9.99. I can't see what else it includes, and, tbh, I don't even need 35 minutes because I don't have enough trees to chop, etc. So now I'm disappointed. (Once again, MyMonta is disappointed. Lol! Sorry, inside joke. )

@RobinCradles - My package is still at 35 minutes of energy. I wonder if the packages might keep changing the more you level up. Maybe that's why it is having a hard time showing us what the other items are - too much variability amongst all the players? Anyway, my other accounts haven't leveled up yet. I'm going to leave them lower level for one more day so I can take advantage of the $4.99 pack. Lol!

Hmmm, just found out that even the Swampy Pond will drop planks. Yay!

And I like my trees and am disappointed to have to get rid of all of them. I like the Red Acers, but not so much the yellow ones.
    I never saw that pack. And any tree will drop the planks so keep the trees you like. And the ponds and wells are dropping planks at a nice rate.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    If any of you have one or more of the Faux Reindeer from last December, it drops coal regularly and only has a 30 min timer!
    Thanks! I had forgotten about that.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    Thanks! I had forgotten about that.
    Oh that's great thanks for the tip.

I've also received a plank from Ivy's, as well as the hydronous hollow (mentioned earlier), regular, fall, mermaid and swampy ponds, but so far I've never received any drops from the butterfly pond. Wells are my favorite to collect from.

Rhino Keeper
    Does anyone have the link how to craft 2 white ducks? I don’t want to just rely on my memory. Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    Oh that's great thanks for the tip.

I've also received a plank from Ivy's, as well as the hydronous hollow (mentioned earlier), regular, fall, mermaid and swampy ponds, but so far I've never received any drops from the butterfly pond. Wells are my favorite to collect from.
    I?m just collecting from my two wells and two ponds and I?m doing pretty good on the rate of collection. And I?m chopping down my ugly trees that I don?t like. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by topmom952 View Post
    Does anyone have the link how to craft 2 white ducks? I don?t want to just rely on my memory. Thanks
    Post 83 here:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1623516

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40E17BBA-002D-4AA6-9EBC-57479E35F028.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	59866

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast