Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/24: As Busy As A Baron | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Sorry, I meant feathers. Not eggs. We need a ton of feathers.
    Gotcha. I?m doing pretty good at getting enough feather with 8 brown ducks; I just need more energy overall. Lol

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I?m also confused about the ?walkers,? but I?m quite sure funone2014 meant ducklings, not chicks, and the brown duck is obviously a hen, so she would be a mother duck. I just can?t figure out how we get walkers. Is it the ones from the splash screen for the event?
    If you open the kingdom goals book on the upper left of the screen then choose the as busy as a Baron task it shows the mama and baby ducks. Unless it's mentioned on the first page I'm not sure how to know if it is a walker.

I am slow getting enough wooden planks. That is more of a roadblock resource wise for me than feathers. Im not sure why as I have about 20 ponds that drop them. Maybe I'm not logging in often enough. I'm doing ok keeping up with feathers with 10 hens. My pond is level 6 so far.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    If you open the kingdom goals book on the upper left of the screen then choose the as busy as a Baron task it shows the mama and baby ducks. Unless it's mentioned on the first page I'm not sure how to know if it is a walker.

I am slow getting enough wooden planks. That is more of a roadblock resource wise for me than feathers. Im not sure why as I have about 20 ponds that drop them. Maybe I'm not logging in often enough. I'm doing ok keeping up with feathers with 10 hens. My pond is level 6 so far.
    Thanks. Yes, that image is the same as the one in the splash screen. My only question was what funone2014 was referring to about ?walkers.? I agree that if this were a real thing, it probably would have been mentioned in the event info on page 1, unless no one knew about it. Hopefully funone2014 will come back and clarify.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by funone2014 View Post
    The mother and baby chicks are walkers with the final prize
    I think this means the goal 10 prize (called Duck Family in post 3 on page 1) is a walker like Pork Chop and Melissa were walker prizes at the end of their events. EDIT: Yep, I just visited a neighbor who finished and saw the Duck Family strolling kingdom paths along with the other walkers.

It’s going to be fun to see this little family waddling around the realm!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F32B8337-3CD3-4CAF-AA51-BB8532259383.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	59874
    Last edited by farmerted7; 06-26-21 at 10:23 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Agrrr I forgot that they took away the ability to dress up 2 ducks. I'll keep the extra duck undressed and save the extra jacket and hat for souvenir then. What a waste of coals and crafting time. Oh well, it was worth trying

That said I'm pleased that we're welcoming such cute walkers to our kingdom. It's been a long time since we got a walker as a reward

Executive Chef
    I just want to check I have this straight, because I am worried about not being able to get my second white duck out of the forge.

Once my first dapper duck is dressed, I should put him in storage, and then I should be able to bring the second one out of the forge, albeit I won't be able to complete it. Is that right?

EDIT: This worked for me.
    Last edited by newzealander; 06-27-21 at 07:14 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I just want to check I have this straight, because I am worried about not being able to get my second duck out of the forge.

Once my first dapper duck is dressed, I should put him in storage, and then I should be able to bring the second one out of the forge, albeit I won't be able to complete it. Is that right?
    From what I understand from belbar's post (see below), you can craft 2 Dapper Duck's, but get a error when you try to take the second one out of your Magic Forge.
    I don't think anyone knows anything for certain right now. This little work-around has worked in previous events. Maybe S8 put a stop to it, or it is an unintentional error/ change.

Edit. From your post I can't tell if you mean the White Duck or Dapper Duck when you talk about taking your second Duck out of the Magic Forge..

Just to be certain.. when your start the Dapper Duck craft on your first White Duck, you should NOT collect it.
    Because your White Duck is 'used up' as an 'ingredient', you can take your second White Duck out of storage safely.
    Raise it, store it and start the second Dapper Duck craft.

The problem momentarily is placing the 2 Dapper Duck's.

Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    I have done all this. I have one dapper duck placed and 1 in the forge that I can?t place because it says I am up to my limit with this type of structure.
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 06-27-21 at 01:49 AM.

Ivy’s hut just dropped a wood plank.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyforest34 View Post
    I?m also confused about the ?walkers,? but I?m quite sure funone2014 meant ducklings, not chicks, and the brown duck is obviously a hen, so she would be a mother duck. I just can?t figure out how we get walkers. Is it the ones from the splash screen for the event?
    Yes I meant ducklings and the mother duck are walking in the kingdom

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Chicks, or ducklings? What mother? I missed something somewhere!

Was just looking at the requirements for low vs high level players. I am stunned than the requirements for the goals are almost identical. So lower levels use, what, 15 less duck feathers overall (Level 5 needs 5 less, level 6 needs 10 less) and that's it? The number of blocks, beams, wood chips, fabric, etc. are all the same as higher levels? I guess if lower levels can make it Level 5, the building will drop $1K coins at least.
    Ducklings and mother duck