Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/24: As Busy As A Baron | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I don't know what I do wrong. I have purchased multiple packs of the unlimited energy and supplies for the event, and I still have so far to go. I know I have several days, but to hear other people saying that the event was easy, they had plenty of resources and energy, and that they are already done just makes me feel like I must be doing everything wrong. I know that it has been advised to only spend energy on event related activities, but of course I want to expend energy to collect, at a minimum, from things that drop trade tickets, feasts, and hard to come by resources.

I'm also so bummed that I never have enough "stuff" to get the limited time items, like right now I have 2 days to get the Baron's Royal Pet. I can't come up with 100 truffles, 50 faerie jars, and 50 mysterious venom in 2 days. (The other items I do have.) And I missed out on the owl that comes with the Prevalian Temple because i didn't have enough mithril and wind chimes. Maybe I just need to grow up and stop "investing" money in this game and just put it in a retirement fund because I can never get anywhere.
    Advance warning, long post. tl;dr don't give up. :-)

EDIT: dang, Teika wrote a great reply and posted while I was still composing. A lot of good advice there, and shorter, lol.

I'm sorry that you are discouraged. :-( This event is the first of its' kind that I've seen. No typical bottleneck, no Ivy or Troll Camp, etc. The bottleneck here, pure and simple, is ENERGY. I haven't checked the kingdoms of people who have posted that they are done. But I suspect you will find that they have an Army of Alicorns: a veritable Host of Heaven, lol. All drop 40 weekly. And every week the person doesn't play, they log in and collect from them all and save up energy. So you'll see people say they have 1000 energy "banked." They are old-timers and are playing a different game than you and I are.

In contrast I have two handfuls of droppers. How did I get these? Events, a couple of doorbusters and a big investment on Black Friday. I started playing in March that year, and didn't get my daily 4-6 droppers until an August doorbusters, and the rest until November. It was a lot of waiting.

There are two kinds of players in a typical free app game: people with time on their hands but not much money, and people who have jobs and thus have some money but not much time. I'm in the former category, so if I'm especially interested I can log in frequently to use the free 40 fill-ups that occur every 2 hours. I know not everyone has that luxury.

This event is also unusual for having no reduction for lower levels, most of whom don't have an army. Back when I was low level, we'd finish first and the high levels would be vexed that it took them longer, lol.

I had some RL stuff to tend this week, and very little interest in battling my way to a level 10 building with my limited resources. I've crapped out at level 8 and I doubt I could finish even if I wanted to.

I posted before that I regretted it both times I sat out an event, but I'm hoping I won't this time. I have a gold mine from Black Friday and it keeps me well stocked with eggs and apples ... not so much with gold nuggets. There are event prizes that feel worth chasing, but even with the lure of scrolls, these aren't very tantalizing.

Please don't give up. There's a lot of fun to be had here, and as frustrating as it is, managing resources is part of the tension that makes the accomplishment feel good. When you have a few more energy droppers you will feel less stressed. Besides, you are so fun to talk to and I would miss you very much.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalNews View Post
    Where is the duck family? I saw it in my inventory and when I came back in it was gone. Was it in your inventory before you placed it on the board?

Yeah, when I went into the inventory screen after finishing, the duck family isn’t there. I tried force closing the game and they are still missing. If they aren’t found by Monday, I’ll put a ticket in, but since it’s early Saturday am, we may be out of luck until S8 gets back in to work.
    Last edited by ashanthya; 07-02-21 at 11:45 PM. Reason: ‘ for ?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ashanthya View Post
    Yeah, when I went into the inventory screen after finishing, the duck family isn’t there. I tried force closing the game and they are still missing. If they aren’t found by Monday, I’ll put a ticket in, but since it’s early Saturday am, we may be out of luck until S8 gets back in to work.
    The Duck Family won't be in your inventory, they should be walking around your kingdom. They're pretty small so it's been recommended to search for them in Edit mode, or by you could check for them in your Town Square.

Executive Chef
    I don't know what I do wrong. I have purchased multiple packs of the unlimited energy and supplies for the event, and I still have so far to go. I know I have several days, but to hear other people saying that the event was easy, they had plenty of resources and energy, and that they are already done just makes me feel like I must be doing everything wrong. I know that it has been advised to only spend energy on event related activities, but of course I want to expend energy to collect, at a minimum, from things that drop trade tickets, feasts, and hard to come by resources.

I'm also so bummed that I never have enough "stuff" to get the limited time items, like right now I have 2 days to get the Baron's Royal Pet. I can't come up with 100 truffles, 50 faerie jars, and 50 mysterious venom in 2 days. (The other items I do have.) And I missed out on the owl that comes with the Prevalian Temple because i didn't have enough mithril and wind chimes. Maybe I just need to grow up and stop "investing" money in this game and just put it in a retirement fund because I can never get anywhere.
    I know other people have commented, but I just wanted to say.. you can't and shouldn't compare yourself (your realm, recourses, progress) with other players here on the forum.
    Some have been playing for years and have hordes of Alicorns. You just can't (and don't have to) compete with that.

When I started I never even tried for any of the 'timed rewards'. Don't let the game make you think you should rush the Main Story Line. You don't have to win every prize (or finish every event) to have an awesome Castle Story experience
    Like Teika says, you will miss them (the Main Story Lines) when their gone. It's so nice to always have something to work towards.
    That's why there are so many events, because a lot of us have completed all the Main Story Lines, and have nothing else to do but gather resources for expansion. And that gets boring fast.
    Try to enjoy the journey
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 07-03-21 at 01:41 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The Duck Family won't be in your inventory, they should be walking around your kingdom. They're pretty small so it's been recommended to search for them in Edit mode, or by you could check for them in your Town Square.
    Ohhh… I missed that the duck family is a walker! They are small! But sooooo cute!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E1DE756-1DBF-425C-958B-0CCBE096BCDA.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	59931

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ChezSweet View Post
    Edit: I was now able to store, then place my second Dapper Duck. Thanks a bunch S8!
    Wait, how did you do this? I couldn?t place or store my second dapper duck. I even put the first one in storage and retried but no luck.

Fashion Designer
    I also placed my second dapper duck, maybe s8 fixed something, I just did as described in the "how to" earlier in the thread
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    I also placed my second dapper duck, maybe s8 fixed something, I just did as described in the "how to" earlier in the thread
    Yep, they fixed the issue on the 30th - official response in Bugs Thread here.

Executive Chef

To share how I personally got past the phase of "unable to complete events"......

Back in I think it was 2017 I started playing Castle Story. I too got frustrated once I leveled up enough to qualify for events, but couldn't finish them. And I had started playing because a serious illness kept me in bed most of the day, I usually was able to log in every few hours for the energy refill to 40.
    So I reminded myself of the basic rule of other games I have played...take care to set up the $/resources before trying to do stuff. So I stopped doing events & storylines a few months, 3-4 if I remember correctly. I built 2 each of the basic resource buildings (sawmills, mines, stables, etc) up to level 3 or so (for slightly shorter collection times, plus slightly better drops). I built a Marketplace, a Library, a Tavern, a Jeweler. I planted/collected crops for cash, built up a dozen basic animals/ponds, plus a half dozen low level farmhouses and 4 cottages, lantern spires, and watchtowers. I saved trade tickets towards a Tinker Camp unless I HAD to expand. I took advantage of WW at the end of events to get the unlimited energy to collect from everything, and make a pass at growing or chopping trees/chopping rocks I needed for the buildings. I got a small but decent supply of coin, instead of always being "broke." (I think I built it up to around $50K, but I really don't remember).
    I always played the Baron's Tent daily even though I never got a prize. Every free collect gives a resource of some kind. I have Apple devices, am in the USA, and watched the videos religiously. I got a few Weekly Alicorns plus other resources watching the videos.

I then started in on the events again. I bought the smallest event packs for a few items I really wanted, like the event that gave Lair of the Beasts (to be able to control/park a monster so they weren't popping up unexpectedly), and a few other final event items that had buildings or critters that dropped at least $1K coins, or were guaranteed Trade Ticket droppers. Or a guaranteed Energy dropper. My goal for community events initially was to get to the Community Prize level to get the energy chests. Other events I would target any intermediate level prize, like an animal that gave coin or resources. I would try to get any building up to at least a $500 coin drop, if not higher. I saved Monster Hut tokens for a Cabbage Hut. Once the Faerie Hut building with daily chests came out, I would shoot for crafting those items that dropped/gave something, instead of just deco items.

Once I had started this stage, I would look at the Forum to see if a particular event needed something I didn't have/couldn't afford, or was considered "energy intensive" by the long term players. I didn't try to finish those, just went for intermediate prizes. Sometimes I got "pleasantly surprised" and finished, but if I had the unlucky accounts for needed drop rates, I wasn't frustrated by not finishing, since I wasn't expecting to. I was fortunate in that events that seemed to only need a lot of logins to collect from, I could do. Even if you have an "unlucky" drop rate, if you can log in often, you may finish after all. That's often a bottleneck for people who have to work/take care of family IRL & can't log in often. When one is stuck in bed & can login/play every 2 hours for 6+ times a day, even an "unlucky drop rate" account may finish.

I also made the decision that fall to do the largest Gem size purchase during a Gem Sale, and got Gold Mines and some Alicorns during Black Friday sales. I got one, then a second, Wizard School for energy. Not everyone will want to pony up this kind of money. But I decided I wanted this to be my combined birthday/Christmas present. I was stuck mostly in bed, or on a couch or in a chair. I was bored watching TV/reading, and with my other computer games. With 4 accounts, we're talking a fairly large chunk of change. I did initially keep one account as a "control" where I didn't spend any real $ for gems or event packs. The difference in that account finishing events was remarkable, for me at least. IMO it will take significantly longer than the 3-4 months of basic building if you choose not to spend any $ early on in your gameplay. I dropped that experiment after a few months, got gems on sale, got items during Spring and Summer Sales, and purchased a few Event Packs on that account. I think it's more or less even with the others by now. I've never regretted those upfront purchases, it enabled me to reach the "able to consistently finish events I wanted to finish" much much faster.

I'll also mention, when I had less buildings/things, I wasn't getting caught in the Gem Traps like I am now. I think as your space gets really crowded with stuff, it's harder to keep each intentional tap/collect separate. I don't feel like I had a problem with Gem Traps until my queendoms got big & crowded. So for those of you concerned about our comments here about the dreaded Gem Traps, I think they are much much less likely to happen on the smaller spaces with less things to collect from. Plus, in my case at least, mine tend to happen when I am playing either extremely tired, trying to finish something before bed, or else in a rush because I have to attend to something IRL. Food for thought, anyway.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 07-03-21 at 01:21 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    No one with the Beaver Dame?
    Here is mine. Do you need the pages in storage?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43DE8274-5BE9-4728-B884-3CE501E1A9F6.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	59933