Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/17: Monster Hunt season 33 and LB | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Didn't we used to get more gems for those token trades? It seems to me I haven't gotten as many gems this MH. Maybe it's just me.
    Oh. If you have trouble falling asleep just swat at a couple of Golems. Put you right to sleep.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Didn't we used to get more gems for those token trades? It seems to me I haven't gotten as many gems this MH. Maybe it's just me.
    Oh. If you have trouble falling asleep just swat at a couple of Golems. Put you right to sleep.
    To keep myself occupied while fighting Golems, I count how many swings it takes to defeat one. During the last event, it consistently took between 31 and 36 hits to take one down. This time it is consistently taking at least 40 hits to take one down. So 1. There is a way to stay awake while fighting Golems, and 2. It does seem like things have changed from one MH to the next.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    To keep myself occupied while fighting Golems, I count how many swings it takes to defeat one. During the last event, it consistently took between 31 and 36 hits to take one down. This time it is consistently taking at least 40 hits to take one down. So 1. There is a way to stay awake while fighting Golems, and 2. It does seem like things have changed from one MH to the next.
    It has always taken me between 42 and 50 hits to defeat a purple golem.

As to the previous post: since I have had over 200 gems stolen in the last event, I have been watching my gem total. Yes,I am not getting many gems in my MH token trades.

Executive Chef
    200 gems lost. Ouch. Sorry HT. Another thing that seems to have changed this MH is the lack of competition. At least it seems that way in my group. Everyone appears to be working on their own goals. I'll probably come in 2nd only because I'm trying to replenish my 90 gold I used for the Armored Boar. That is if no one makes a giant move at the end. Could happen, but doesn't seem likely.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    200 gems lost. Ouch. Sorry HT. Another thing that seems to have changed this MH is the lack of competition. At least it seems that way in my group. Everyone appears to be working on their own goals. I'll probably come in 2nd only because I'm trying to replenish my 90 gold I used for the Armored Boar. That is if no one makes a giant move at the end. Could happen, but doesn't seem likely.
    Oh, wow, all my leaderboards are very competitive. In one, the leader has almost 7,000 points. Like, why? I'm in second on that one (for now - wouldn't be surprised if someone comes and knocks me down in the last few minutes), but that is the only account where I am trying to win. I have around 2,500 points, so far below the leader's point total.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

As of now, this is the first time I?m in first place but I was focused solely on replenishing my troll tokens.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chickey73 View Post
    As of now, this is the first time I?m in first place but I was focused solely on replenishing my troll tokens.
    Congratulations! I hope you won, even if you weren't trying. I came in second on the account I mentioned earlier. I still have 73 Glimmer Loch tokens that I never even got to turn in. The first place person ended up with almost 10,000 points.

Now off to Weekday Warrior! Can't wait for tomorrow's event. I am all about ducks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Oh, wow, all my leaderboards are very competitive. In one, the leader has almost 7,000 points. Like, why? I'm in second on that one (for now - wouldn't be surprised if someone comes and knocks me down in the last few minutes), but that is the only account where I am trying to win. I have around 2,500 points, so far below the leader's point total.
    I had a pretty quiet Lb this time. First was on 2337 for ages,I only wanted the 2300 loch prize,so sat on that. Then watched as someone else shot up to about 4200 in space of half hour or so. Got up this morning(I'm on Down under time) to see first was on over 6000 points. Original first was now third,having been leapfrogged again by someone sitting on 2355 points. Being so close,I thought I might as well try for second. But,also,being the generous soul that I am,lol,I sat on 2355 points to tie for second,thus,hopefully,both of us getting the second place prize. It's a shame most people don't agree to do that. I know,I know,lots say they're just going for tokens,but when you see scores getting upwards of 10,20,30 thousand or so,you gotta wonder if some people are just uber competitive,feeling the need to have everything that s8 dish up. I have been at times,ie when the minotaurs were out,I needed to have them. But,if folks communicated,and were happy to agree on a set score,more people could get the grand prize,thus eliminating a lot of the angst people have towards LB's. Just my two cents,for what it's worth. Love the game,love the community,kudos to s8 for all their work(you can't please all the people all the time) and shout out to SW for all her (mostly) untiring efforts on the forum. Have fun folks,and remember,social distancing at all times ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by roksta72 View Post
    I had a pretty quiet Lb this time. First was on 2337 for ages,I only wanted the 2300 loch prize,so sat on that. Then watched as someone else shot up to about 4200 in space of half hour or so. Got up this morning(I'm on Down under time) to see first was on over 6000 points. Original first was now third,having been leapfrogged again by someone sitting on 2355 points. Being so close,I thought I might as well try for second. But,also,being the generous soul that I am,lol,I sat on 2355 points to tie for second,thus,hopefully,both of us getting the second place prize. It's a shame most people don't agree to do that. I know,I know,lots say they're just going for tokens,but when you see scores getting upwards of 10,20,30 thousand or so,you gotta wonder if some people are just uber competitive,feeling the need to have everything that s8 dish up. I have been at times,ie when the minotaurs were out,I needed to have them. But,if folks communicated,and were happy to agree on a set score,more people could get the grand prize,thus eliminating a lot of the angst people have towards LB's. Just my two cents,for what it's worth. Love the game,love the community,kudos to s8 for all their work(you can't please all the people all the time) and shout out to SW for all her (mostly) untiring efforts on the forum. Have fun folks,and remember,social distancing at all times ;-)
    This is a great community and I really look forward to any updates to the page. I never post and usually lurk but I?m so grateful for the tips and observations.

I?m almost ashamed of how many points I won by on my LB but it was strictly due to horses and playing on a regular basis. It was a low LB for once!

Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    The leader in my group had more than 50.000 points, I'm amazed at the dedication to get there! I once got close to around 20.000 and it seemed like I was wacking golems non stop all week, it's extremely boring to fight monsters, so I always watch a movie during MH while wacking away
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast