Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/17: Monster Hunt season 33 and LB | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    All these events, and especially the monster hunts, are destroying my love of the game

I can't get any enthusiasm for them at all now.
    I?m becoming very frustrated because all my energy has to go towards events, leaving me no energy to do the normal things in my kingdom and work on storylines, etc. As a newer player, I don?t have enough energy-givers to really make a difference. I guess I have to choose between events and everything else. I guess it wouldn?t be so bad if I only had 1 account to manage. Maybe I should just choose one account to participate in each event. I don?t know, but I definitely feel your frustration.

Fashion Designer
    Took me a while to realize the game is actually about events; the quests/storyline are secondary. If you focus on quests (as I did), you'll notice that the rewards are often undramatic. 500 coins, 20 xp. Sometimes unlocking future quests. The incentive for events is getting an energy dropper or other useful dropper (tickets, permits, etc.) to help with quests. And I have never done the calculations to see how much energy we expend in a 1-2 week event vs how long it will take that 4 energy dropper to "pay for itself."

My first weeks in the game, I didn't have more than 80k coins and could not afford the 100k in market materials that were needed for a quest. I didn't find out that Felloras were the biggest $ source until 6 months in - I didn't realize you get coins when you are full/have 99 of something.

Most quests are designed to go slow. If you need 5 visits to a 24 hour resource, that's not gonna happen fast. But yeah, if I wanted to finish an event as a newbie I had to put buildings AWAY to keep from spending clicks on collecting, lol.

I sat out events twice, and regretted it both times, lol. The second was the worst: Halloween 2018 (2019?) the activities were literally POURING out deco and I missed all of it.

Leaderboards seem to frustrate people the most: there's an animal that only a few people are gonna get. So I just play Monster Hunts for tokens and ignore the rest. Don't fight the event monster, don't make items to turn in for points. Just dire boar and golems.

The important thing is to enjoy the game. The deco, the activities, the quests, the loot. If you aren't having fun, then it's work, for which we don't get paid. :-)

Pin your hopes on Black Friday, getting some half-price energy sources and resources really upped my game so that I can enjoy it without pressure.

Executive Chef
    Same here. I stay away from the cows and pigs so as not to fight event monsters and I don't use boosts. Strictly gold coin exchange using the boar and horses, and whatever else randomly pops up.
    I'm going for my 2nd Armored Boar- 99 gold-whew!
    May not have much left in me to go any more than that.
    Really the MRC crafts were a game changer for me, but gotta confess I spent real money in the beginning to help my kingdom become self sustaining and gameplay more enjoyable. But only spent real money on guaranteed drops . No deco. No "chance of".

Fashion Designer
    Could someone check the counter? I get 2,it registers, but 4 and 6 are not registering! I’ve noticed this before but didn’t say anything. Anybody else notice this?

Fashion Designer
    Are there any reports yet for Glimmer Loch drops yet/collection time? The one you win by getting 2300 shield points. Don't see in any pics or on page 1 yet.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    Are there any reports yet for Glimmer Loch drops yet/collection time? The one you win by getting 2300 shield points. Don't see in any pics or on page 1 yet.
    I've just collected from him and got : Fuzzy Moss (black flag), 3 Water, 3 Mermaid Scales, 15 Coins
    Collection time is 5 hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2889.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	259.4 KB 
ID:	59735

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Took me a while to realize the game is actually about events; the quests/storyline are secondary. If you focus on quests (as I did), you'll notice that the rewards are often undramatic. 500 coins, 20 xp. Sometimes unlocking future quests. The incentive for events is getting an energy dropper or other useful dropper (tickets, permits, etc.) to help with quests. And I have never done the calculations to see how much energy we expend in a 1-2 week event vs how long it will take that 4 energy dropper to "pay for itself."

My first weeks in the game, I didn't have more than 80k coins and could not afford the 100k in market materials that were needed for a quest. I didn't find out that Felloras were the biggest $ source until 6 months in - I didn't realize you get coins when you are full/have 99 of something.

Most quests are designed to go slow. If you need 5 visits to a 24 hour resource, that's not gonna happen fast. But yeah, if I wanted to finish an event as a newbie I had to put buildings AWAY to keep from spending clicks on collecting, lol.

I sat out events twice, and regretted it both times, lol. The second was the worst: Halloween 2018 (2019?) the activities were literally POURING out deco and I missed all of it.

Leaderboards seem to frustrate people the most: there's an animal that only a few people are gonna get. So I just play Monster Hunts for tokens and ignore the rest. Don't fight the event monster, don't make items to turn in for points. Just dire boar and golems.

The important thing is to enjoy the game. The deco, the activities, the quests, the loot. If you aren't having fun, then it's work, for which we don't get paid. :-)

Pin your hopes on Black Friday, getting some half-price energy sources and resources really upped my game so that I can enjoy it without pressure.

I can top your Halloween 2018 sit out. I must've been a newbie,way back in 2013, sat out a valentine event,as I'm not a fan of that time of year, and guess what I missed........yep,the love shack. Oh,to be able to craft Ali's. Years later,I've got a good herd of dailies,which I consider a better investment than weeklies��,so often skip events these days,and save the energy. Don't mind the pliosaur type beastie but not going to waste the effort on the LB to get first or second place. Good luck to all,have fun,and remember to keep 1.5 metres from everyone else.lol

Fashion Designer
    Has anyone noticed their Princess Lorelei Fountain being stingy with the Gold tokens this event? Ive collected from the fountain at least 6 times so far with 0 gold tokens! I would normally have expected 1-2 so far. Hopefully i will get lucky tomorrow…
    Active Daily: Castle Lvl 50, Bakery Story Lvl 99

Inactive: Dragon Lvl 183 & 174 (ID JTM101phone) - City Story Metro Lvl 98 - Farm Lvl 150 - Bakery Lvl 92 - Restaurant Lvl 99 - RS2 Lvl 15+ - Fairytale Lvl 16+

Fashion Designer
    Took me a while to realize the game is actually about events

This wasn't always the case. Events were for special times only (Valentines day, Christmas etc)

Executive Chef
    I’ve gotten at least one, maybe two, gold tokens from Lorelei.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast