Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/17: Monster Hunt season 33 and LB | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    Has anyone noticed their Princess Lorelei Fountain being stingy with the Gold tokens this event? Ive collected from the fountain at least 6 times so far with 0 gold tokens! I would normally have expected 1-2 so far. Hopefully i will get lucky tomorrow…
    No. It is just random. Sometimes I get more than other seasons. It really depends.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Leaderboards seem to frustrate people the most: there's an animal that only a few people are gonna get. So I just play Monster Hunts for tokens and ignore the rest. Don't fight the event monster, don't make items to turn in for points. Just dire boar and golems.

The important thing is to enjoy the game. The deco, the activities, the quests, the loot. If you aren't having fun, then it's work, for which we don't get paid. :-)
    This is gospel, I really needed to hear that! I was finding the LBs increasingly frustrating and they’ve become impossible to place in the top two positions without aggressively spending both time and actual money (so double the amount ). Playing for the tokens really is a better and more relaxed experience, thank you for the tip

Rhino Keeper
    I ignore the LB. I dont like to compete so I stay out of it. I would buy that beautiful Glimmer Loch though if it ever came on sale!

Nightclub Owner
    Took me a while to realize the game is actually about events; the quests/storyline are secondary. If you focus on quests (as I did), you'll notice that the rewards are often undramatic. 500 coins, 20 xp. Sometimes unlocking future quests. The incentive for events is getting an energy dropper or other useful dropper (tickets, permits, etc.) to help with quests. And I have never done the calculations to see how much energy we expend in a 1-2 week event vs how long it will take that 4 energy dropper to "pay for itself."

My first weeks in the game, I didn't have more than 80k coins and could not afford the 100k in market materials that were needed for a quest. I didn't find out that Felloras were the biggest $ source until 6 months in - I didn't realize you get coins when you are full/have 99 of something.

Most quests are designed to go slow. If you need 5 visits to a 24 hour resource, that's not gonna happen fast. But yeah, if I wanted to finish an event as a newbie I had to put buildings AWAY to keep from spending clicks on collecting, lol.

I sat out events twice, and regretted it both times, lol. The second was the worst: Halloween 2018 (2019?) the activities were literally POURING out deco and I missed all of it.

Leaderboards seem to frustrate people the most: there's an animal that only a few people are gonna get. So I just play Monster Hunts for tokens and ignore the rest. Don't fight the event monster, don't make items to turn in for points. Just dire boar and golems.

The important thing is to enjoy the game. The deco, the activities, the quests, the loot. If you aren't having fun, then it's work, for which we don't get paid. :-)

Pin your hopes on Black Friday, getting some half-price energy sources and resources really upped my game so that I can enjoy it without pressure.

I am a hoarder, so I craft one of each and a token as memorandum. For the rest Troll Tokens full speed! I generally am 1st in 5 first days, then taken over by some low level account pumping in large amounts of gems. But I don't need the 1st prize as it will end up in the inventory for sure.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    Has anyone noticed their Princess Lorelei Fountain being stingy with the Gold tokens this event? Ive collected from the fountain at least 6 times so far with 0 gold tokens! I would normally have expected 1-2 so far. Hopefully i will get lucky tomorrow?
    Thanks to all that responded.

My luck did change, i got 2 gold tokens today. Hooray!!
    Active Daily: Castle Lvl 50, Bakery Story Lvl 99

Inactive: Dragon Lvl 183 & 174 (ID JTM101phone) - City Story Metro Lvl 98 - Farm Lvl 150 - Bakery Lvl 92 - Restaurant Lvl 99 - RS2 Lvl 15+ - Fairytale Lvl 16+

Executive Chef
    Jackpot, just got a gold nugget and gem with my crafted gold token, then another gold token from Lorelei.

Nightclub Owner
    aieeee I need that glimmer loch SO badly. Drops Orange Shells? I am SO IN. Sadly I only have 5 gold tokens on hand, no way I'll get 55 with only one blue boar a day, lol.
    Pull out your clouds & small clouds. Guaranteed monsters that spawn in a short space of time.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you so much for your explanation, Lavenderdale. 💜 It?s very helpful. I do have one account where I?m trying to get the Royal Glimmer Loch as that account has been very unlucky in previous events, but I?m taking it easy otherwise and just enjoying the game, like you said.

On another note, I?m 99.8% positive that Cash Cows don?t spawn Glimmer Lichs, which is nice for when I want hides and milk but don?t have enough energy to battle.
    Last edited by Frostyforest34; 06-20-21 at 08:44 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Pull out your clouds & small clouds. Guaranteed monsters that spawn in a short space of time.
    Oh, thank you, I should try that! I got sad in the middle of the last monster hunt when they abruptly dropped the (overly) generous sword token. And didn't try at all this time! Hopefully that will help - much appreciated!

Farm Supplier
    This armored glimmer loch just gave ocean clay and/or reef slabs! What a waste of golden token! I suppose that it is just a chance for eels and clown fish! Looks like a rare drop.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast