Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 06/03: Friends of the Flame | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    My troll camp is every 6 hours not 5 and I usually collect from it 3x/day. I?ve been mostly getting just coins from my troll camp and if I?m lucky it will drop 1 gem once a day or once every 2 days for a few days now.
    Drop rate from troll camp is awful ,fortunate if get one a day I also found coconut drops were few and far between too

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormforce2 View Post
    Drop rate from troll camp is awful ,fortunate if get one a day I also found coconut drops were few and far between too
    Coconut drops seem VERY low, the drop rate is especially tuned down. I've gone on a total of 3 adventures so far with 1 dropping the coveted Peridot Gemstone. Wonder if they're tuning the drop rates given previous adventure prizes showing up "too frequently"? It would be nice to see the specialty prize drop rate increase if you are able to go on more adventures. Like if you're able to go on 10, 20, 30 adventures and don't get the specialty drop then maybe increased drop rate one you hit the 20, 30 adventures? That's a lot of resources invested in this hypothetical.

In previous events, I'd estimate probably going on 5 or more adventures by now (at least chopping down enough for 1 adventure per day). For perspective, I'm level 50 with a moderate collection of energy droppers. My volcano is level 4 and I'm sitting on 4/5 Island Necklaces, 8/5 Island Bouquets, 10/5 Island Tributes. At this point, it's better optimized to go on adventures than leave my castle empty waiting for a nonexistent adventure.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by breenaramos3 View Post
    Hello! I had unexpected issues that prevented me from playing this past week. In your opinion, is it too late to start now?
    I don't see why you shouldn't try.
    There are people who finished in a week without spending Gems, but I'm guessing these are players with many Energy droppers, so they can go on adventures non stop to get more of the bottleneck Peridot Gemstones from the Troll Camp.
    I'm not able to pull it off in only 1 week.
    But like I said, why shouldn't you? There is nothing to lose in trying.
    You might win Journei on an Adventure, the Volcano has a wonderful puff of smoke animation when not fully upgraded, and you can craft at least 1 of the Faerie Atrium crafts (Island Fire pit is great, with fire animation)
    You should at least buy and store some of the Island Palms, they are great for decorating

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    My coconut rate is very low, plus I don't have a ton of Golden Nuggets. And I don't understand why S8 gave us a sale that includes 2 Golden Eggs but not Golden Nuggets if that is what we need in order to go on adventures. What is the point of having a sale for eggs at this time?
    I think S8 made a mistake with the Golden Eggs/ Value Pack.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by breenaramos3 View Post
    Hello! I had unexpected issues that prevented me from playing this past week. In your opinion, is it too late to start now?
    Are you below level 46? This is a critical question as the requirements are less. The "bottleneck" for this event is the Troll Camp, which is every 6 hours. At low level, you will need 14 peridots from the Troll Camp. The camp is expected to drop peridots 50% of the time, but some people got less, some got more. If you get 100% drops, that's 84 hours required to the end. At 50% drops, that's 268 hours to the end, which is 7 days of round-the-clock collecting. So it really depends on how well your camp is dropping. Many of us got no drop from our first 1-2 Troll collections, but if you get to 3 and 4 without a drop it's a Bad Sign.

If you don't have a ton of energy resources, I found back when I was a low level that I had to stop even the most routine pickups (chicken coop, magic garden, etc) in order to have enough energy for an event. In fact, I used to bank those extra buildings just so I wouldn't be tempted, lol!

The event started a week ago and many people have finished, so it can theoretically be done. A gold nugget is required for each Adventure to get the optional Journei - and an Adventure might give a peridot, which is likely how many people finished quickly.

So it depends how invested you are. Journei is an *adorable* animated hula-dancing troll, but she gives routine troll drops. The flame cats (award from finishing volcano) have regular animal drops. Bedelia (from getting 1000 crowns) is the big prize: she may drop a trade ticket or a wisp lantern. There's no way to get 1000 crowns if you don't complete the volcano.
    The Panther is a prize from the faerie atrium, which is separate from the event. But it usually takes me 10+ days to get enough fairies for the best prize. I'm not there yet! But faeries are mostly from the daily tasks to get 3 chests. You definitely have time to make 1 deco, but you'd need better luck than me to get a panther.

Overall it amounts to how often you can play (those every-6-hours from Troll Camp), your level, and how much energy you have for the rest. Many of us got no drop from our first 1-2 Troll collections, but if you get to 3 and 4 without a drop it's a Bad Sign.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 06-10-21 at 03:22 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Troll camp is dry!! And the adventure just drop “easy to get “ things! It takes around 200 energy to get the 5 coconuts..... I am quite desperate!

Fashion Designer
    I sympathize with you. Just did the math and I ended up spending 20 gems so that I could level up to 5 just now.
    This was just a tough event. My Troll Camp was very stingy and my rate for peridot gems from the adventure was 20-25%.

Even with the gems, I will have to collect from the volcano 7 times each day Fri to Wed so I can get 700 more crowns for Belinda!
    Good news is I think I am on track to complete things now.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Not sure if reported yet...
    The Tiki Hut is 2x2.

Would?ve been much better as a 1x1.
    It?s also kinda blurry.
    For anyone who hasn’t tried it yet, rotate the Tiki Hut. 2 of the options are slightly blurry, but 2 of the options are really crisp and clear.

Rhino Keeper
    Do items for the adventure still drop after upgrading the Volcano to lvl6? I want to finish, but keep trying to get Journei?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Gold troll token can be crafted in the Trade Wagon during Monster Hunts.
    Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    My coconut rate is very low, plus I don't have a ton of Golden Nuggets. And I don't understand why S8 gave us a sale that includes 2 Golden Eggs but not Golden Nuggets if that is what we need in order to go on adventures. What is the point of having a sale for eggs at this time?
    I was wondering that myself.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast