Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/20: The Baron's Wishes | event information on page 1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Looks like Chapter 6 is where I should settle in for a bit to make the wands and diamonds. But keeping in mind that the potions in ch 7 require cash cow which has a 4 hour timer. I got lucky with one from an Adventure, but it's not unlocked for event drops yet.

Is chapter 7 unlocked yet?
    Ch7 unlocks in 42 minutes from the time of this post....

Still on chapter 5 because I sent about 150 neighbors a request for Neighborhood wishes and got 9 of 15 back. This number has not changed since yesterday. I read somewhere this might be due to inactive neighbors, so I'm pruning now, but still the large majority are active players, and very certainly more than 9 people are active. It has been like this since yesterday so it is becoming unlikely I will make it in time. I still cannot send out new requests. Has anybody experienced this too?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by annespeefrickus View Post
    Still on chapter 5 because I sent about 150 neighbors a request for Neighborhood wishes and got 9 of 15 back. This number has not changed since yesterday. I read somewhere this might be due to inactive neighbors, so I'm pruning now, but still the large majority are active players, and very certainly more than 9 people are active. It has been like this since yesterday so it is becoming unlikely I will make it in time. I still cannot send out new requests. Has anybody experienced this too?
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with the friend requests.
    My advise would be to add more neighbors. I have over 400, and there is no downside to it. I never have any trouble with these kind of goals.
    Players who post here on the forum are active, so you can start by adding us. (forum name is the same as storm ID)
    Good luck!

Farm Supplier
    I've been starting the chapter events one day late. I keep a list of who sends me a neighbor request and the next day, that's who I send my requests to. I hope saying this doesn't jinx me, but the last two times I sent my requests out just after midnight PST, and had all 15 or 20 needed in the morning. If nothing else, look at your neighbors' kingdoms to see who is doing the current event.

Is the 4 hour timer on the golden cow a mistake?

I had the same issue during the last event and was told to break down the requests into smaller groups i.e. a-e, then send the next batch f-k, etc. I tried that for this one and completed the goal within an hour.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPoolina View Post
    I had the same issue during the last event and was told to break down the requests into smaller groups i.e. a-e, then send the next batch f-k, etc. I tried that for this one and completed the goal within an hour.
    Good tip. I always sent requests in batches of 80. I used to have problems with sending out more than 100 at ones.

Fashion Designer
    Still on chapter 5 because I sent about 150 neighbors a request for Neighborhood wishes and got 9 of 15 back. This number has not changed since yesterday.
    I'm just now receiving requests from people that are 18 hours old. In the distant past we were told that only 20 go out regardless of how many you send. The rule of thumb was to send out just 20, and then after that send one to Stormie's Castle which is an automated response.

In a recent event, I sent asks in groups of 3-4 as I wasn't sure who was active. I got all 15 responses within 2 hours, although time of day may have helped. This time I sent out a lot more asks all at once, around 9pm PST ... and was stuck at 11/15 for 6 or 10 hours. I sent a few more asks and got 2. But when I visited another kingdom, the last two popped into place.

It is horribly frustrating and I'm sorry you are going through this. In the meantime collect your 99 tears and 99 dusts, and **** some trolls. Hopefully you'll have enough replies before you read this!

Rhino Keeper
    Heads up everyone : tomorrow if you are high level you have to visit the tavern twice so get your second tavern out and remember to not collect from the taverns until you reach the goal.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis87 View Post
    I'm not new to this game and I know I have to restart, but despite this restart - 3 times, the workshop always showed 2 hours and I lost a lot because I could end up with a sparkling diamond during that time.
    snip
    Did you happen to put a boost on your workshop by any chance?