Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/20: The Baron's Wishes | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I store the thing all the time (because I assume it doesn't drop anything worth while yet) and it is perfectly safe. You won't lose it or your progress.
    I just did so again, an I have the Building option. So I would suggest trying that. I really hope it helps, it's not fun being stuck.
    Thank you! That did it!

I was stuck on 18 answered requests until this morning when number 19 came in and I sent a request to Stormie. It answered an hour later and I can now get on with visiting 20 community kingdoms.

I followed the instructions of some players who took note of the neighbors who regularly replied and sent my request only to them for both the first and second reques-from-neighbor tasks. And, in both tasks, I only sent out 15 and 20 requests respectively, so as not to boggle the easily confused game servers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I was stuck on 18 answered requests until this morning when number 19 came in and I sent a request to Stormie. It answered an hour later and I can now get on with visiting 20 community kingdoms.

I followed the instructions of some players who took note of the neighbors who regularly replied and sent my request only to them for both the first and second reques-from-neighbor tasks. And, in both tasks, I only sent out 15 and 20 requests respectively, so as not to boggle the easily confused game servers.
    I think I?ll save Stormie for last next time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I just refreshed my game and do not see anything from you.
    Wow it said you were my neighbor already when I tried to add you. This game is nuts

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Yes there are several S8 staff who monitor castle forum.

I still recommend you close your game and leave it a while when neighbor requests are made. Sorry to hear a few players are stuck. If you have everything else ready for ch 10 except that last craft then you're still going to make it and no gems will be required to advance. I'll check back in later...
    Thank you for your insight. Appreciate all that you do.

I was stuck all day too. I sent out requests at 4:00 am I finally got to 19 and waited another several hours. Then decided to gem forward.
    These neighbor requests are so frustrating to so many players. I think S8 should keep the requests under 20 or change the cap or the way it is processed. Good Luck to everyone ��

Fashion Designer
    19/20 (for 19+ hours) here too. So fun 😂

Good tips about saving Stormie for a 'do not send until you need the literal 20th request' boost- sometimes it just feels like you do everything right, all the tricks (waves of requests, activity restarts etc) and things still mess up sometimes.

I decided not to gem as i've personally been able to finish waiting for day-change the last day before (with 1 craft being 4 hours and the other being 6 hours, and 2 crafting buildings, even allowing 10 hours + extra time for making it through other steps that i've prepared for in advance, it should be fine with my real-life schedule) thanks to reliable neighbors, even when the system goes wonky.

Hope everyone with a deadline today wraps up nicely, and good luck to those who started later! 🥰❤️

Fashion Designer
    If anyone is still stuck I encourage you to visit a neighbor. It may just be coincidence but I got two more responses after.

I send batches of 4-5 at a time to people I interact with frequently: my 3 trade partners, then people who actually post on my wall, then use my News page for people who do flybys. A message on my wall is worth GOLD to me because it doesn't scroll and age off like the News. As the day goes on I'll get requests from people I rarely see, especially people that became neighbors after Community visits.

The people saying they don't visit need to understand that neighbors are part of the overall game structure. Connecting with people, knowing who is active, and letting them know I'm active. That's why these are included in events/quests - to get us to connect.

I'm on Android and *everything* lags. Every six seconds my screen locks up for two seconds. Visiting a neighbor is a three minute ordeal. I only visit 2-3 neighbors a day because it's so frustrating and takes so long. I do one at the end of each play session to ensure that my game play has "synced" with Storm8.

I don't go back to my realm, just use the big heart to pull up my social where I can get to my news or wall to go on to the next neighbor.

Requests still took most of the day to trickle in, so I had plenty of time to worry. We all know the request system is borked. When I played in 2019, it was believed that only 20 requests were going out, so we needed a sure thing each time, rather than sending 100! It seems that sending hundreds works for some people, but others go through tremendous pain.

Again, I'm sorry everyone is going through this.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 05-29-21 at 01:03 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    The people saying they don't visit need to understand that neighbors are part of the overall game structure. Connecting with people, knowing who is active, and letting them know I'm active. That's why these are included in events/quests - to get us to connect.
    "need to understand"?
    I have lots of neighbors and I'm so grateful to them and I love helping other players.
    But I don't visit (unless required by events or if I feel like it), and I don't see it as part of the game structure or as my duty or something.
    I'm connecting through this forum, which is much more my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    .... Again, I'm sorry everyone is going through this.
    Me too. I wish I could do more to help. (anyone can add me, forum name is the same as Storm 8 ID)
    Good luck to everyone still waiting on neighbor requests

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Attachment 59482
    The Fairy Hideaway is the perfect extension to my Mushroom Fortress!
    I forgot to post yesterday, but thanks for sharing! I love it!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 05-29-21 at 01:51 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I FINALLY got the last one in so I’m now making the coins. Thanks to all the new neighbors that added me from the forum. You guys carried me to the finish line!

I am getting requests tho from new neighbors that show to be from 9 hours ago. I checked early this morning but those requests did not show up then. I of course forced closed and had rebooted my phone before going to bed last night and yet these most recent requests did not show up. Now they’re saying 9 hours ago so sorry to those ppl who were waiting. I have answered everyone’s requests that I have gotten if you sent me one.