Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/20: The Baron's Wishes | event information on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    If you send to everyone in your book then it will be the active ones who will see and respond first regardless. There are lots of players who are willing to take on new neighbours for answering requests. Add your name to the ADD ME forum as well. It's helpful for when your game is at one of these goals to force close it and leave it closed for a couple of hours (if and where possible). See what you can do to get active neighbours as there is still chapter 9 which requires 20 responses and we all know that they can impact players finishing as it will spill over to the last day, so extra planning is needed. Good luck!
    My understanding has been that you can only get 20 requests from neighbors fulfilled per day. Maybe I'm wrong? However, if this is true, how soon before your requests time out and disappear? If they don't, and you send to all your neighbors, some of your less active neighbors from day 5 could respond on day 9, making it impossible to finish day 9 until the following day. Could this be a problem? Hope that all made sense.

I did NOT upgrade the hideaway, sorry I was trying to say that when I said I hadn't finished the days items. I've done a few storybooks before.

For the cow, it won't start dropping items until you get to the right chapter. The trees only drop the items when the upgrade requires them and so they stopped after ch 3 until you get to ch 5.4 for eg.
    Its the trees that really stump me, I can get the cows not dropping until the right chapter, but I would swear once the items started dropping (in previous storybooks) they would continue as long as you had a chapter open. I'm on Ch 5 Goal 3 and I know I need the blooms to upgrade at Goal 5, but the trees are not dropping until I reach Goal 4 that says to collect them. I would swear that this was not the same in the last storybook. Well take the dogs for instance, they are dropping all day long.

Its annoying because when I hit goal 4 I'm going to have to sit there with my Ipad open for an Hour collecting those stupid blooms every ten minutes when I could have had them already. If I had to do that in the Hercules one I would have dumped it, because I didnt care for any of that stuff.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yasalaam View Post
    My understanding has been that you can only get 20 requests from neighbors fulfilled per day. Maybe I'm wrong? However, if this is true, how soon before your requests time out and disappear? If they don't, and you send to all your neighbors, some of your less active neighbors from day 5 could respond on day 9, making it impossible to finish day 9 until the following day. Could this be a problem? Hope that all made sense.
    Yes you can only get 20 responses in a day, but as soon as the 20 are filled, the request seems to disappears from everyone who didn't answer and then it must randomly choose others to send to when the next 'new day' starts. It's kind of a mystery how the algorithm works as sometimes you don't get the request for anytime up to 7 days after the request was originally made depending on how many neighbours you sent it through to. I think 7 days has been the longest time I've seen from memory. Either way, it's always been problematic and so to see only 15 responses required this time was a terrific change. Most players were getting stuck at 18/19 in previous events, sometimes less.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yukigray View Post
    I did NOT upgrade the hideaway, sorry I was trying to say that when I said I hadn't finished the days items. I've done a few storybooks before.

Its the trees that really stump me, I can get the cows not dropping until the right chapter, but I would swear once the items started dropping (in previous storybooks) they would continue as long as you had a chapter open. I'm on Ch 5 Goal 3 and I know I need the blooms to upgrade at Goal 5, but the trees are not dropping until I reach Goal 4 that says to collect them. I would swear that this was not the same in the last storybook. Well take the dogs for instance, they are dropping all day long.

Its annoying because when I hit goal 4 I'm going to have to sit there with my Ipad open for an Hour collecting those stupid blooms every ten minutes when I could have had them already. If I had to do that in the Hercules one I would have dumped it, because I didnt care for any of that stuff.
    It's to do with the Baron's side Goal.
    Most event stuff continues to drop as long as any chapter is open. But a exception to this rule seems to be the Sampling/Tree drops.
    They drop as long as the Baron's side Goal is open.
    It's a goal you get when you need to upgrade your Hideaway. It consists of gathering the required items, and if you have them it auto-completes. If you manage to keep this goal from completing, you can continue to collect from the saplings/ trees.
    To keep the goal open, you can deliberately NOT gather 1 of the required items for the upgrade. For example the Dust, which is easiest to get.

This has been discussed here previous. If you've gathered all event items you could in advance, you'll just have to wait for the game to ask for it again. Hope this explanation makes any sense

Farm Supplier
    Yes you can only get 20 responses in a day, but as soon as the 20 are filled, the request seems to disappears from everyone who didn't answer and then it must randomly choose others to send to when the next 'new day' starts. It's kind of a mystery how the algorithm works as sometimes you don't get the request for anytime up to 7 days after the request was originally made depending on how many neighbours you sent it through to. I think 7 days has been the longest time I've seen from memory. Either way, it's always been problematic and so to see only 15 responses required this time was a terrific change. Most players were getting stuck at 18/19 in previous events, sometimes less.
    Thank you. I think I understand a bit better.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    It's to do with the Baron's side Goal.
    Most event stuff continues to drop as long as any chapter is open. But a exception to this rule seems to be the Sampling/Tree drops.
    They drop as long as the Baron's side Goal is open.
    It's a goal you get when you need to upgrade your Hideaway. It consists of gathering the required items, and if you have them it auto-completes. If you manage to keep this goal from completing, you can continue to collect from the saplings/ trees.
    To keep the goal open, you can deliberately NOT gather 1 of the required items for the upgrade. For example the Dust, which is easiest to get.

This has been discussed here previous. If you've gathered all event items you could in advance, you'll just have to wait for the game to ask for it again. Hope this explanation makes any sense
    Fortunately this is not the case for every chapter though. For example, I am on Chapter 6 Goal 5 and although the Baron Side Goal autocompleted as soon as it started, I am still getting blooms and berries dropping from the trees, so there was no need for me to keep the Baron Side Goal open as I am still getting the bloom and berry drops to save up for future chapters (as long as I stay on Chapter 6 Goal 5 and do not upgrade my Hideaway until I am ready to start Chapter 7 once it opens tomorrow).

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by yukigray View Post

The tree saplings will drop the blooms but the mature trees won't drop anything until you get to the relevant goal that allows the mature trees to drop (the goal that says "tend trees"). So the advice here was to collect from saplings once or twice then store the saplings in your inventory and then put them back out on your board. Doing this causes the timer on the saplings to reset and prevents the saplings from growing up into mature trees. You should be able to collect blooms from the saplings if you do this. I don't remember whether I was able to collect from the saplings even when I completed the side goal. I think I was able to collect blooms from the saplings as long as I did not upgrade the building but someone else can confirm if this really is so.
    Once you pass chapter 5 though and have mature trees I do know for sure that it doesn't matter whether you complete the side goal or not. You will be able to collect blooms and berries as long as you do not upgrade the building.

Remember to keep on visiting every Jewel dropper in your realm. This event type uses up many of them, and you don't want to find yourself short on the last couple of chapters.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Remember to keep on visiting every Jewel dropper in your realm. This event type uses up many of them, and you don't want to find yourself short on the last couple of chapters.
    Yes. I'm so happy S8 has been giving us challenges that use up these resources. Like so many other players I've been been maxed on jewels for years!

FYI: Jewels
    Crafted:
    Can be crafted with coal at the Magic forge after unlocking the 4th shard.
    Found: Jeweler, Troll Vault, Sabina's house, Iron Rich rock, rock outcropping, dark cave formation (best drop rate for rocks), Sir Pigglesworth (drops two), adventure, feed the baron, various Baron's Game Tent prizes, Emma the Royal Poodle (Baron's Game Tent), Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Vineyard Estate, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon, Jewel Cart, Golden mine, Faerie Dragon, Fire Fox, Desert Palace, Alicolt, Moon Rock, Parrot, Witch Alicolt, Royal Peacock, Yeti, Arctic Bear, Armored Alicorn, Armored Manticore, Rooted Mine, Celestial stag, Spring Dragon, Leprechaun Faerie, Glen the Frog Prince, Queen Mantiwort, Baby Mantiwort, Aquamarine Dragon (Baron's Tent), Adult Bijou Dragon, Adult Flare Dragon, Adult Matrix Dragon, Dark Knight's Steed, Light Knight's Steed, Celestine Faerie, Dark Onyx Dragon, Shadow lynx, Fey Courthouse, Golden Peacock, Tea Cup Poodle, Shi Tzu, Armored flyger, Ember Throne, ghost knight, shattered wyvern, scorched wyvern, Troll Thief, Aetas, Woodland cannon, Interpret the Wizard (mystic card), Silver fae dragon, Darling Damsel, Tide Dragon, Aquatic Dragon, Aquatic Wyvern, Armored Wyvern, Garden peacock, Dark Wyvern, Armored Lion, Sleeping Dragon, Vampire bat, Armored Shadow Wolf, Dark Wolf, Harvey, Black bear cub, Armored Black Bear, Cozy Campfire, Mountain of the Wilds, Snow Castle, Emerald Gnome, Cameron (purple leprechaun), Wee Carriage, Illana, Paper peacock, Royal Siren, Tamed Mantiwort, Pilu, Paparazzi Gnome, L10 Trade Post, Baby Widow, Armored Widow, Suzie, Jonas, Raven Pet, Big Bad Skunkupine, Monarch Wyvern, Bengal Tiger, Disguised Flamingo, Glimmergras Dragon, Maebee the Faerie, Mama Bear, Iguana, Armored Lizard, Denise the Seahorse, Coral the Octomaid, Beatrice, Jungle Throne, Tropical Dragon, Dark Knight, Gladys the Knight, Chester, Percival, Alina, Armida, Desert Tomb, Seraphina the Sphinx, Rainbow Peacock, Fall Peacock, Cockatoo, Philomena, Kang, Deep Sea Kelpie, Duchess Winifred, Marquis, Marcel, Martin, Favio, Anika, Portalpillar Gigantus, Fionn, Gargoyle, Snowpile Dragon, Young Gargoyle, Herc

Anybody else facing an issue during chapter 5, goal 5/5 that you can't upgrade the faerie hideaway? At first the upgrade button was there but then it just bugged out and disappeared and now it's impossible for me to upgrade it.

EDIT: it fixed itself
    Last edited by mariapauliina; 05-25-21 at 09:22 AM.