Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/20: The Baron's Wishes | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPoolina View Post
    Is the 4 hour timer on the golden cow a mistake?
    Cash Cow does have a 4 hour timer.

We need 60 Golden Milks to complete the upgrades... This is going to be tough with a 4 hour timer.... I did not even get the Golden Cow that was supposed to be rewarded for the goal but got 2 dropped earlier through multiple adventures.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPoolina View Post
    We need 60 Golden Milks to complete the upgrades... This is going to be tough with a 4 hour timer.... I did not even get the Golden Cow that was supposed to be rewarded for the goal but got 2 dropped earlier through multiple adventures.
    Anytime you didn't get something you were supposed to, reboot your device. It usually shows up. Also, the Cash Cow drops either 1, 2, or 3 Golden Milks each collection. Good luck.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by annespeefrickus View Post
    Still on chapter 5 because I sent about 150 neighbors a request for Neighborhood wishes and got 9 of 15 back. This number has not changed since yesterday. I read somewhere this might be due to inactive neighbors, so I'm pruning now, but still the large majority are active players, and very certainly more than 9 people are active. It has been like this since yesterday so it is becoming unlikely I will make it in time. I still cannot send out new requests. Has anybody experienced this too?
    Years ago, in BS and RS a group of us tested out the gifting system and discovered some basic rules. Whether these rules still apply, I'm not sure. Whether they apply to the CS gifting system, I'm not sure either.
    The rules are as follows:
    1. Only a certain number of gifts can be received by a player per day. This may vary per game. 20 seems to be it in CS and a couple other games. Gifters can respond to any number of requests in some games like BS & RS and maybe CS. Their ability to respond to requests for gifts is unlimited.
    2. The gifting clock resets after a certain time period. It may be 24/22 hours from the time the request for the gift was sent out...I can't remember now.
    3. If a player sends out more than 20 requests per day then their whole request system gets clogged somehow. We couldn't quite figure out why the programmers wouldn't design it so that the excess just got dumped, but it seems that the 21st plus 19 other requests made on the previous day gets sent out the next day and so on and so on each following day. If the player on that 2nd day sent out another batch of requests, those requests went into the backed up queue. If however, the "gifter" sent a gift the day before in answer to a request then that gifter might be able to answer a new request the next day, provided the player requesting the gift did not already receive the maximum quota of gifts for that day.
    4. The requests will keep backing up in the queue and going out day after day if you sent out, say 400 requests. As SW said, a week may have been the longest time between the time the request was sent out to the time the gifter received the request from a player. So we felt that after 7 days or so the backed up requests all got dumped out of the system.
    5. Although it seems counterintuitive, what we all did find was that if we sent out, say 200 requests on day one and then waited for about a day or even 2 days to send out more requests, the gifting system somehow cleared itself out and fresh requests could be sent out and the gifter would receive new requests for gifts right away. We never understood why that always seemed to work. We did also all find that sending out more than 20 requests every day always seemed to result in a delay in the gifters receiving our requests and players receiving the requested gifts.
    6. Another challenge was when a player sent out a request for 40 of Item A on day one and then 40 of Item B on day 2. Because of this weird queue system, the gifter may only receive the request for Item A on day 3 even though the player subsequently sent a request forItem B and no longer needs Item A. So the player may see a flood of 20 answered requests for Item A coming in even though she specifically has been requesting Item B. If, however, the gifter rejects the request for Item A then the request for Item B will come in that same day, if the player sending the request isn't already maxed out on gifts.

So essentially, the best practice we determined is to send out no more than 20 requests daily to known active players. Stormie will always answer your request so always send a request to him. Once you receive 20 for the day, you will not receive any more. It is also a good practice to check in with your neighbours when you receive days old requests to see whether you should accept or reject those requests. But who has time for that?

Caveat: This research was conducted several years ago in very old, likely closed threads in Bakery Story and/or Restaurant Story. I wasn't playing CS back then and don't know if any players here conducted similar research. I haven't payed enough attention to the gifting system in CS to definitively say that these rules apply. But from the reports about problems receiving gifts it seems some similar (if not the same) rules apply.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 05-26-21 at 10:20 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I'm just now receiving requests from people that are 18 hours old. In the distant past we were told that only 20 go out regardless of how many you send. The rule of thumb was to send out just 20, and then after that send one to Stormie's Castle which is an automated response. *snip*
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C29C9F0-FF27-4F09-9733-FBA02488A7DC.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	59459

I'm just getting requests 2 days old . I feel sorry for those players if they're still waiting on those gifts to be able to move on!
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 05-26-21 at 09:54 AM.

Executive Chef
    Well I just accepted a request for an item that is not related to this storybook event. I hope it was ok and doesn't mess up this players gameplay. At this point there's no way to know.

Executive Chef

Name:	D8D97675-BD71-45DD-8A8F-A66F8D07A95B.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	59455
    I just got another.

Should I accept or decline. Idk
    I usually accept.
    Last edited by riverly; 05-26-21 at 07:42 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Ch7 unlocks in 42 minutes from the time of this post....
    I just completed Chapter 6 but my doesn?t open for 15hrs 50mins. Why?

S8 just needs to completely do away with requesting items from neighbors. Or go to just requesting 5 - AT THE MOST - so we don't clog the servers with a gazillion requests at one time from all the players.

Then there's the problem of receiving all but the last item which affects numerous players every time there's a goal including requests. It's because their neighbors are no longer getting any requests to fulfill. I've had this happen to me several times in the past & waiting to send to Stormie made no difference. Requests are just not getting through any longer. Why do you keep torturing these players S8?
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post

Name:	D8D97675-BD71-45DD-8A8F-A66F8D07A95B.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	59455
    I just got another.

Should I accept or decline. Idk
    I usually accept.
    That is a request from the permanent storyline on the new island. So yes, you should accept any non current event request.