Thread: Unable to access my other Restaurants anymore, any help?

Host(ess)

Unable to access my other Restaurants anymore, any help?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have 3 other Bakeries and Restaurants. Previously, I would access the other restaurants through Bakery Story as Bakery allows you to switch your account ID whereas Restaurant does not. I play on my iPad. I have to sign out of Game Center first, switch accounts on Bakery and then when I open up Restaurant the account will also be switched. This method has worked for me up until a few days ago. I can switch accounts on Bakery but Restaurant stays on the account that is tied to Game Centre. I see in the settings there is a way to Sign In with Apple ID; I have not done that with either game (should I?). I have forced closed both games and restarted my iPad but similar results. Kinda sucks to lose my other accounts as I use them to help me along in the goals :-(

After reading this post, I don?t know if I need to have my account checked. I have had Game Center turned off but Today only when I went into my Restaurant, it was saying to Sign Out of Game Center. After I signed out, it seemed like things are functioning properly. I don?t know if that is why I didn?t get the message when switching to Bakery Story.
    Does someone need to figure out if the progress has been saved properly?
    Thank you for all help, Amy
    ​Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    After reading this post, I don?t know if I need to have my account checked. I have had Game Center turned off but Today only when I went into my Restaurant, it was saying to Sign Out of Game Center. After I signed out, it seemed like things are functioning properly. I don?t know if that is why I didn?t get the message when switching to Bakery Story.
    Does someone need to figure out if the progress has been saved properly?
    Thank you for all help, Amy
    Bakery Story does not have the feature which allows you to save your progress to Game Center.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Host(ess)
    A while back, Storm8 removed the ability to switch between accounts in Restaurant but not in Bakery. I found that I when I switched accounts in Bakery, I would be switched to the corresponding account in Restaurant, but only if I was signed out of Game Center. Now I am finding that no longer works. Wondering if I am the only one who is experiencing this!

I’m so frustrated with Restaurant Story! I also used to be able to toggle between my 2 Restaurants & now am unable to access the one I’ve had for over 8 years! I can access it on my phone but not on my iPad….I’ve signed off & on with Game Center & Apple ID…..no change…..WHY do they keep messing with this!?!
    UPDATE: Team Lava has restored my original Restaurant & I just want to say THANK YOU��
    Last edited by mauidream54; 05-22-21 at 02:22 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I had this problem before on my iPad. Some S8 games were linked to one account and others to another account. It was fun for a while.
    Reinstalling all games linked to the wrong account helped.
    I guess, the reason was just one outdated game.
    Last edited by olcastle; 05-20-21 at 02:28 PM. Reason: missed letter

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauidream54 View Post
    I?m so frustrated with Restaurant Story! I also used to be able to toggle between my 2 Restaurants & now am unable to access the one I?ve had for over 8 years! I can access it on my phone but not on my iPad?.I?ve signed off & on with Game Center & Apple ID?..no change?..WHY do they keep messing with this!?!
    UPDATE: Team Lava has restored my original Restaurant & I just want to say THANK YOU😊
    Are you able to toggle back and forth again?

New Resident
    I too can no longer toggle back and forth between iOS and android accounts on my iPad! I hope this gets fixed soon! I used to be able to do this up till last weekend. It’s like I’m now only allowed one restaurant per platform? Like something got over ridden! Like others, this is RIDICULOUS! I wish they’d put the old system back. I can switch accounts on my android phone but not my iPad? Sigh!

Soooooo?.. theres absolutely no one that owns this game, that can answer our questions as to why there is not an option to log into another account on the same device? So this is being ignored? I have a theory as to why the feature to access those other accounts has been removed, but I would like clarification.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redddabounty View Post
    Soooooo?.. theres absolutely no one that owns this game, that can answer our questions as to why there is not an option to log into another account on the same device? So this is being ignored? I have a theory as to why the feature to access those other accounts has been removed, but I would like clarification.
    You've always been able to log into different IDs on the same device. The problem I've seen is where there has been game centre and cloud usage. Here's the post about transferring between accounts in the RS Game Guide. Mostly we get players to reach out to Support as RS is more complicated in playing multi IDs on one device. Features are removed when they cannot be supported. As to speculation why, please don't post personal theories on the forum as it's unfair to other players as posts like this are generally moderated. You are welcome to lodge a Forum Dispute to discuss this further with a Community Manager if you feel it appropriate.

Here's some info which might help on the cloud:
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] HungryGoblin View Post
    The Cloud Account feature article here might be able to help. If you're still having trouble, please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for assistance with your account. Hope this helps!