Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/06: Ivy's Magic Garden | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post

My take on it is that if they create a premium option, it will be a win-win for everyone. No reason for anyone to complain. If they don?t like gem traps, pay for the premium version.
    Sounds like racketeering. Pay us money so we'll stop stealing from you.

Rhino Keeper
    It?s a calculated risk for S8 because I am sure they have measured how much money people who befall gem traps spend to buy more gems. And there probably have not been many people who have stopped playing because of the gem traps. So yeah, it annoys people but we keep playing and we buy more gems.

My take on it is that if they create a premium option, it will be a win-win for everyone. No reason for anyone to complain. If they don?t like gem traps, pay for the premium version. And depending on the cost some people might sign up for the premium version. This way S8 keeps the goodwill and introduces a new revenue stream. I can?t imagine it would be that hard for them to implement it.

$2/month to not have gem traps and to really sweeten it, throw in a 25 energy crate once a month. I?d sign up in a flash.
    Ohhhh....I love this idea!

Fashion Designer
    I've confirmed that monsters will no longer spawn once you finish all the goals. Guess I'll have to hold the last upgrade. It bothers me because I really want to get the final prize. If this is not intentional i hope S8 can fix it.

I've finished too, Melany77, & can't get a goat to spawn from my farmhouses any longer.

SW, can you check with S8 if this is intentional? Thanks so much for all you do for us!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    It?s a calculated risk for S8 because I am sure they have measured how much money people who befall gem traps spend to buy more gems. And there probably have not been many people who have stopped playing because of the gem traps. So yeah, it annoys people but we keep playing and we buy more gems.

My take on it is that if they create a premium option, it will be a win-win for everyone. No reason for anyone to complain. If they don?t like gem traps, pay for the premium version. And depending on the cost some people might sign up for the premium version. This way S8 keeps the goodwill and introduces a new revenue stream. I can?t imagine it would be that hard for them to implement it.

$2/month to not have gem traps and to really sweeten it, throw in a 25 energy crate once a month. I?d sign up in a flash.
    I don't even like the idea of proposing a premium option. If they can code it for a premium option, then that code should be for all players. We know they can because they've added the gem confirmation for other things. It's not right that they have these issues where something can be clicked on that immediately uses gems (or at least a high number of gems). I've lost gems because sometimes when I'm doing multiple collecting the screen jumps to reposition and suddenly I've double clicked on something and lost gems.

S8 - please fix this. It isn't worth the anger and dissatisfaction of the players especially if you've lost players because of this.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    Sounds like racketeering. Pay us money so we'll stop stealing from you.
    Not sure. For one thing, some apps have a pay to not see ads option. Why? Because they need ads to make money. So instead you can pay them directly. I acknowledge that the Castle Story gem traps are different and ads are not a good analogy. But, S8 does need to make money and if gem traps result in people buying gems then that is fair. It’s a free game, after all.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    So, speaking of gems....this is probably a dumb question, but if I choose to hit ?skip 250? to skip crafting the goat, do I receive a goat? Or does that just skip so I can go directly to the donkey? I?m woefully behind but want critters. I?m willing to buy the goat, but I?m not clicking that button if it will just skip the goal and not give me the goat!

Thanks a million to *everyone* who has helped me and answered questions on all kinds of things, including the alicorn hordes , etc. I so hope to get one of those Alicorns that looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream someday.
    The skip button will not give you a goat. If you hit that button, it will just skip the goal and you can now craft the donkey.

If you would like to use gems to get the goat, it will be more expensive. Go to the Garden Shed and you can buy 1 token for 12 gems. To pay for the entire 135 with gems is a lot, but if you are just a few short it might be useful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    The skip button will not give you a goat. If you hit that button, it will just skip the goal and you can now craft the donkey.

If you would like to use gems to get the goat, it will be more expensive. Go to the Garden Shed and you can buy 1 token for 12 gems. To pay for the entire 135 with gems is a lot, but if you are just a few short it might be useful.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post

Joining the conversation- we need sooooo much donkey drool that we will get most of the tokens for a goat just by doing the upgrades. I didn't get the main prize in the last monster Hunt so I am really happy to grind through farmhouses repeatedly to get expansion permit droppers.

Another thread of convo here, although admittedly only a tangent - I would love to see a subscription thing here. Not for a gem confirm - why earn income by generating resentment?? Let's all have that - but generous rewards for joining so S8 has a reliable income stream. It might include a few extra bottleneck items for each event, or one extra thing that the bottleneck item drops from (like the fountain this time) or ability to craft extra goats, or whatever. Gifts of 'thank you' quarterly, etc.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please post discussion about gem confirmation in the existing thread in the Suggestion Forum. These Posts are off topic to the event and any subsequent ones will be removed. Thank you all.