Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Floral Festivity - 2021 Apr 30

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by besomiculoelsa View Post
    Leaderboard better known as the Storm8 Fundraiser. This was a bad idea from when they started this garbage in 2016. The polls done regarding Leaderboards showed that players do not like this event. Pitting players against each other or Storm8 employees is wrong (and, yes, I said what I said). I don't believe for one minute that all participants are just players and there should be questions about the same profiles hitting the top of global standings.
    Hi there,
    I wanted to clarify Leaderboard events are between real players, not bots or fake accounts. If you do however believe that a member is *****ing or is definitely not playing the game as intended, you can report them by contacting support. Link is in my signature.

    Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

    Need me? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Storm8 Support Link

  2. #12
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Hi there,
    I wanted to clarify Leaderboard events are between real players, not bots or fake accounts. If you do however believe that a member is *****ing or is definitely not playing the game as intended, you can report them by contacting support. Link is in my signature.

    Thanks,
    Paul
    Do you think that players getting 171,000 points are playing the game as it was intended to be played? And, if so, doesn?t that just further confirm the point that leaderboards were designed to benefit the people willing to spend tons of money?

  3. #13
    Executive Chef JustKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Somewhere South
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by besomiculoelsa View Post
    Leaderboard better known as the Storm8 Fundraiser. This was a bad idea from when they started this garbage in 2016. The polls done regarding Leaderboards showed that players do not like this event. Pitting players against each other or Storm8 employees is wrong (and, yes, I said what I said). I don't believe for one minute that all participants are just players and there should be questions about the same profiles hitting the top of global standings.
    Whether it's good or bad is debatable, but I wouldn't still be playing now if it weren't for leaderboards. I gave up seeing value in dragon recolours years ago, and only really live for trophy decorations. A part of my DS gamer self died when they stopped creating unique trophies. Anyway, off that soliloquy ... time to play devils advocate. Every player is unique. Wealth and income aside, there are many advantages unaccounted for. An S8 developer might know more about underlying (breeding/boosting/etc) algorithms to maximise their leadership points for gold spend. They might get special work time "off" to play games they are actively contributing to using "personal accounts". Does this mean they shouldn't be allowed to play? Even talking direct rewards from S8, it's no secret some moderators on S8 forums are/were paid for their assistance with in-game currency. This forum would be a mess without them, but this system would be non-existent if they're not allowed to play freely. This is virtually what you are insinuating is wrong or unfair (sans direct employment to S8).

    As for the top global regulars, I hate cliques but they are a part of any multiplayer game. I can't vouch for them directly, but I have played them and beaten them so I know this game isn't rigged. I included some trophy snaps of the one time I nabbed top Global Leaderboard spot after saving over 20 million food up over 2 years and using it all up in a last minutes move, that a bot easily could have beaten but would be impossible for another human being to perform. The reaction I got when I changed my island name while at the top, also could have only come from a fellow human (with good sportsmanship).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	59205
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	59206
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	59207

    Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    Do you think that players getting 171,000 points are playing the game as it was intended to be played? And, if so, doesn?t that just further confirm the point that leaderboards were designed to benefit the people willing to spend tons of money?
    As the name in the picture says I'm a free player. I've worked my ass off in-game so I didn't have to spend a cent on this game EVER but with gold from GPDs and with the right boosts and a lot of tapping I can turn 1000 saved gold into close to 15k of leadership points. You only need 10k gold to hit that mark... which is still more real world money than I think should be spent on this game, but who am I to judge the people paying for my free play
    Bye Attachment 56309
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,46gld,23s,4b) Attachment 56309
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

    Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

    2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

    My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

    BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Hi there,
    I wanted to clarify Leaderboard events are between real players, not bots or fake accounts. If you do however believe that a member is *****ing or is definitely not playing the game as intended, you can report them by contacting support. Link is in my signature.

    Thanks,
    Paul
    We wouldn't have to report anything if the S8 Fundraiser were discontinued like the Aether Dragon. The event encourages *****ing, hence, some people call it a ************. I didn't say anything about bots or fake accounts in my rant, I talked about the real possibility of S8 employees among the "players" which ruins the integrity of the game. It's well past the time to get rid of Leaderboards, it was never fair to people playing the game as intended. Let's be creative and find a replacement event.

  5. #15
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    176
    Got third place, which is neither here or there, however, got maps as prize. I can no longer use these maps, they are not a biscuit to jump through a hoop or next level. The maps are no longer acccumulating in my storage. So, is this to be a slap in the face? Can we trade them in for e.g. Marble keys? Will we be able to use them at some point? Or will storm 8 update prizes? Enjoyed it when it was possible to earn a long gone dragon or island but with the slow expansions, it doesn't make sense to buy new islands.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kanajunroses View Post
    Got third place, which is neither here or there, however, got maps as prize. I can no longer use these maps, they are not a biscuit to jump through a hoop or next level. The maps are no longer acccumulating in my storage. So, is this to be a slap in the face? Can we trade them in for e.g. Marble keys? Will we be able to use them at some point? Or will storm 8 update prizes? Enjoyed it when it was possible to earn a long gone dragon or island but with the slow expansions, it doesn't make sense to buy new islands.
    Sorry but you can't trade them for another resource currently. Storm8 doesn't speculate on future releases so I'm not sure if changes will be made.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

    Need me? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Storm8 Support Link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •