Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/29: Monster Hunt season 32 & LB

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shezzowickked View Post
    Anybody noticed glimmer alicorn is not in Mythic Research Center anymore..?
    Did you craft 1?
    The image disappears after you have crafted 1 since that is all we are allowed to make.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I still have the glimmer alicorn in MRC.

I tend to forget to send out adventures, often stemming from a concern that I'll forget and need them for the event. I have a differing thought on cooking camp vs cabbage hut. I tend to see the rewards in the Baron's tent more valuable than rewards from the adventures. So I'm happier with the cabbage hut. But some folks are very consistent in doing adventures, who don't have feast droppers, and would find the cooking camp very useful.

About the lobster coins, I think it is common to find folks so annoyed by the leaderboard that they put more energy into gold tokens for the MRC than in pushing for the top one and two slot in leaderboard (< usually me). The fastest way to get the gold tokens is probably to repeatedly spawn golems from horses with one click. The lobster tokens can take multiple clicks to spawn the needed monster. And other items are needed for the combine in the magic forge. As mentioned earlier, I do think there is a strategy used that holds all of the crafted turn in items until the end to get an unexpected surge in points, but often there is a wait of maybe two? minutes between turn ins for items of the same type. So you can't spam them as fast as one might think.

Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I still have the glimmer alicorn in MRC.

I tend to forget to send out adventures, often stemming from a concern that I'll forget and need them for the event. I have a differing thought on cooking camp vs cabbage hut. I tend to see the rewards in the Baron's tent more valuable than rewards from the adventures. So I'm happier with the cabbage hut. But some folks are very consistent in doing adventures, who don't have feast droppers, and would find the cooking camp very useful.

About the lobster coins, I think it is common to find folks so annoyed by the leaderboard that they put more energy into gold tokens for the MRC than in pushing for the top one and two slot in leaderboard (< usually me). The fastest way to get the gold tokens is probably to repeatedly spawn golems from horses with one click. The lobster tokens can take multiple clicks to spawn the needed monster. And other items are needed for the combine in the magic forge. As mentioned earlier, I do think there is a strategy used that holds all of the crafted turn in items until the end to get an unexpected surge in points, but often there is a wait of maybe two? minutes between turn ins for items of the same type. So you can't spam them as fast as one might think.
    I spent my energy and time for the Troll Tokens in the last three LB events and even though it was never my intention to win the LB, I still ended up placing 1st or 2nd because of the massive number of points you gain from repeatedly chopping Golems.

If you plan to craft and deliver the items for extra LB points, you have to consider the 1-minute 45-second wait between the delivery of the items. Never accumulate 100s of the items till the final hour to get a jump on your opponents. The way I did it before, was to craft the 15-minute items and deliver them while chopping Golems. That way, if I had a boost activated, I would also benefit from 2x the points awarded for each item delivered. I would never craft the 30 point items as they took the same amount of time to craft as the 45 point items. I would craft the 45 point items overnight or while I was working since they took 4 hours.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiokro View Post
    I did about 10 gold trades today with no gems so it is not theory it?s a fact...
    Sorry total brain cramp.. for some reason i got gems and energy twisted... def a drop off on gems dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    Did you craft 1?
    The image disappears after you have crafted 1 since that is all we are allowed to make.
    Yes i did.. i didn't know we are only allowed to craft 1.. as it usually says max 1 or max 4 .. thank you for your help

Fashion Designer
    I think Spiritwind’s list is where I found the cap. It surprised me too.

The crafts for the animals from the start of the MRC seem to disappear after you have reached the max. I actually like it because now I’m not scrolling through a bunch of grayed out crafts to get to the ones I can make. I wish they had kept that for all of the animals.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    THANK YOU, S8!!

Skyhawks now drop trade tokens, yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I love they spawn on the first try. I always hate wasting Energy on trying to spawn something. (why I love the Golem so much)
    They drop between 4 and 5 Sword Tokens and 1 or 2 Staff Tokens (+ Shield Tokens, Feathers enz.)
    Thanks for the quick fix S8!
    Question because I cannot math today, I haz teh dumb: are they a better source for tokens than Golems?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Question because I cannot math today, I haz teh dumb: are they a better source for tokens than Golems?
    Skyhawk has high token drop rate. I will alternate troll-skyhawk so the balance between shield and sword tokens, allowing me to avoid lot's bronze trades.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    To get Lorelei's fountain you made two sapphires at Trade Wagon and then made those into the Fountain. It's usually the way people unlock the Trade Wagon. (the other unlock option, The Locket, is a bank item, it does nothing and is a tease. lol.)

During MH, Lorelei's fountain has a *chance* to drop gold troll tokens. not often. and not outside of MH events. but it's pretty and gives water, fish, mermaid scales, etc just like any pond.
    Thank you very much for the info. I don't have the fountain yet - I only have one sapphire so far.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    All the older/advanced players have always said that. But when I started playing my two kitchens were running full time and I needed more ... and as I said I still use the Cooking Camp just to maintain basics (flour, bread, chocolate.) I have two event guard dogs that drop simple and hearty feasts, and paid gems for the feast table which *mostly* keeps up with adventures (partly because I no longer send adventures routinely. Do you know how many rounds it takes to make a Sweet Feast from scratch? omg!) But I wouldn't give up my cooking camp (although I still haven't gotten a cabbage hut lol.) The cooking camp isn't even limited, it cooks every single non-quest recipe but the last 2 on the list.
    Everything I have read and heard before today supports what you are saying - get the cooking camp as soon as possible, so that is my plan.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast