Thread: Can anyone see my ID on the S8 webpage and forums?

Exclamation Can anyone see my ID on the S8 webpage and forums?

Since a few weeks back I've had dozens of neighbours requests in RS despite me not giving out my ID. I asked one of them where they got my ID and they said my ID shows public on the S8 forums! As far as I know I've never posted my ID anywhere. Does my ID really show on this webpage? Where? Can I change it so that not everyone can see it? I'm really confused!
    🍝 AKA Spaghetti (^_^) 🍝

Nightclub Owner
    Your storm8 ID used to invite neighbors in-game is also the username used to log in to the forum. This being the case, every post you create on the forum shows your user ID and is visible to everyone who views your posts.

For instance, if you look to the left of any of my posts, you'll see my s8 ID AnnirasSweets in bold. Insofar as I know, there's no way to turn your username private or anything like that.

To avoid anyone seeing their ID, some players create a secondary account for the sole purpose of posting on the forums. Others, who want to discourage unwanted neighbor invites, will add something to their signature such as "Not accepting neighbors" or what have you.

Rhino Keeper
    Hi,
    I think we've been conversing on RS re this. I've changed my signature to reflect my feelings.

AKA Rajaz
    Aka 🐪 Rajaz 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who do challenges, don't mind me not visiting and want food (like me) between goals. Please post on my wall otherwise I won't accept your invitation

AnnirasSweets and Snowgoose59, thank you very much for your replies (^_^) I feel really stupid for not knowing this... Thank you for not making fun of my stupid questions, haha!