Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Blue Expansion Parts + New Expansions - 2021 Apr 23

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetshop7 View Post
    Wow, well I REFUSE to spend gems to buy these expansion parts that should still be sold for coins! Depending on how many papers you need, it could cost in the thousands to expand just to one spot.. man... Come on now! That's alot of gems! I already spend enough money on this game to buy pets, etc. (My choice) but I will not be spending them on papers. No way. Absolutely refuse. Just think it could cost around $60 (if bought on sale) just to expand to one spot especially if you don't have many papers for that spot. Hopefully I can get some from deliveries or I won't be able to expand. Why is it that the first set that most people do not need anymore can still be sold, but the ones we still need that majority people are trying to expand to, storm8 decides to stop letting us by them in the shop. That's just not right.
    My Comme t that you quoted got deleted. Probably cuz were not supposed to criticize storm8 when they do the wrong thing.
    -----------------
    Officially requesting no more ugly monkeys.

Rhino Keeper
    a new sign just popped up on the far right edge of the strip....but i have NO way of expanding since i sold most my blue maps right before they became bots-only, thinking I?d have a chance to replenish them later when I need to. Well, at this point, I really don?t know how I?ll ever be able to expand there, since I have NOT seen a blue map drop from my hundreds and hundreds of deliveries in the last month and a half.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CBA60C5-EB04-461C-BE7E-18430F15D8AE.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	59861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5FD0FA5C-B263-41FB-8086-670F32151E44.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	59860  
    Last edited by orca1006; 06-25-21 at 10:16 AM.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Ok all as stated expansion papers set number two and three for land can no longer be bought and sold in the marketplace.
    I notice that the number of items needed to expand is not as high so let's see how it goes.
    Opinions have been stated by a few players quite strongly so let's all be nice and do a wait and see approach.
    The game is about sending a lot of planes especially if you want experience points and in addition you get six points for each plane sent during Leaderboard. You are not losing money as you can still put the items up for sale and bots will buy them.

Here's hoping a fair amount of papers drop from Plane Deliveries.
    Looking forward to boosted weekends too.

For Your Information
    Expansion Part 1
    Land Deed
    Expansion Permit
    Old Map

The following can not be bought from the paper.
    You must get them from Plane drops.

Expansion Part 2
    New Map
    Survey Machine
    For Sale Sign

Expansion Part 3
    Online Listing
    Topography Chart
    Holo Map
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 06-25-21 at 12:56 PM.
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    Ok all as stated expansion papers set number two and three for land can no longer be bought and sold in the marketplace.
    I notice that the number of items needed to expand is not as high so let's see how it goes.
    Opinions have been stated by a few players quite strongly so let's all be nice and do a wait and see approach.
    The game is about sending a lot of planes especially if you want experience points and in addition you get six points for each plane sent during Leaderboard. You are not losing money as you can still put the items up for sale and bots will buy them.

Here's hoping a fair amount of papers drop from Plane Deliveries.
    Looking forward to boosted weekends too.
    can’t say it any better, ms judy!

been keeping my fingers crossed i’ll start seeing blue drops soon too (sent 10 from my last post but no luck yet)~

p.s. and honestly, i think it’s been quite a few AWESOME years in the game — getting great events and being able to help each other out during the events (and seriously, i take being able to help each other out during events over being able to buy maps ANY DAY ) ....can’t really remember the last time i got super bummed over something FS2-related......maybe the stingy chickens that kept me up at all hours collecting?! LOL

——
    update: 510 more planes, no blue maps
    7/6 after event ended: 30 more, finally my first holo map in months...
    16 more, online listing
    22 more, online listing
    14 more, online listing
    21 more, holo map
    4 more, holo map
    21 more, topo graph
    10 more, holo map
    6 more, holo map
    18, online listing
    1, online listing
    1, topo graph
    1, topo graph
    21, topo graph
    35, holo map
    4, topo graph
    1, online listing
    8, online listing
    6, topo graph
    3, topo graph
    3, online listing
    6, topo graph
    Last edited by orca1006; 07-11-21 at 11:59 AM. Reason: update

Sorry I?ve been away from the game. So what people are saying is they are no longer for sale? 2nd and new blue ones? I haven?t had a single drop ever. I?m at level 100. I really hope this is a mistake because no way will I ever use gems. It may really be the end of playing. Not fun otherwise.

Rhino Keeper
    I can’t speak for lower level players because I know higher and lower sometimes have different requirements but as a level 100 I have to get 27 of each to expand. That’s not a small amount. I get the wait and see and okay I will but let’s hope it’s just not delaying the inevitable.

Executive Chef
    Everyone, there is a thread called "plane drops" please check out this thread and do what it says!

Quote Originally Posted by orca1006 View Post
    a new sign just popped up on the far right edge of the strip....but i have NO way of expanding since i sold most my blue maps right before they became bots-only, thinking I?d have a chance to replenish them later when I need to. Well, at this point, I really don?t know how I?ll ever be able to expand there, since I have NOT seen a blue map drop from my hundreds and hundreds of deliveries in the last month and a half.............
    Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    Will possibly be next as well, though not as a (direct) result of this. @Fairyreserve

I think it's strange why only the 2 though. But I'm going to keep my mouth shut before I have more angry players knocking on my "virtual" door, maybe barn door in this case. Already have from a past post, don't care to have more. But even then, why stop the selling of any of them to begin with?

Regardless I don't know how this benefits anyone. That's how I was able to get the Holo Map, Topography Chart, Online Listings was by other players, or even off a secondary farm, as they dropped like madness there. On my main farm they never really drop

Off my exotic pets, I only receive the first expansion papers and the occasional tool. I do wish they would've lowered how many old (first) expansion papers drop to those who no longer need them. Or at least frequented the drop of the more newer ones.

I'm done with the first expansion papers, yet they drop the most in planes, trains, etc (on my main farm). Since I already struggled getting any of the 3rd set ones there, I'm going to struggle even more. I sent out a fair amount of planes between the last few days, received 1-10 of the old papers, and only 2-3 of the 3rd set of the newest ones (OL, HM, TC) out of at least 60 plane orders.

I wonder however, how those who relied on the market more to get those expansion papers are/will be taking it now. Am neighbours with one of them that never sent out planes (don't know the reason - as I never asked) but they got their expansion papers off the market, but now will be forced to actually send out planes to get them currently. Hopefully not permanent, but if so, that they (Storm8) do actually increase or at least offer the newer ones more than what they currently are, or at the very least by increasing the drop rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ankavale1000 View Post
    Dear Stormy. Do newest expand papers drop from plane deliveries? I’ve not seen one yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    I'm getting lots of tier 3 blue parts in drops. It's not cool at all of atormie not to allow ppl to buy them. They're gonna lose players with this business model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moissonor View Post
    To buy blue expansion parts with Gems !!!!
    Is it the only possibility?
    (During the last week with about 400 deliveries, I haven’t received one blue expansion part.)

Rhino Keeper
    Okay I played the game and posted my 20 plane drops and as expected no expansion parts. I haven’t had any since they stopped them a couple weeks ago. Let’s stop the distraction and get the programmers back from vacation or other projects and fix this. Seriously - post your lack of expansion parts from 20 deliveries. What next?

Rhino Keeper
    I constantly get old expansion parts that I haven?t needed in years & haven?t received any new expansion parts in months. 100s of plane deliveries

Executive Chef
    Just took a look and not a single person has reported in their post yet with any sort of decent drop rate with them. Seeing that, and a great deal of these posts and complaints aren't unfounded or at least not within a bit of reason.

For 1, the removal of selling these were random. There was no announcement beforehand, so players could hold onto the ones they still had on them. I sold the extra ones I had on me because I didn't know they could no longer be bought by/sold to actual playing players, and just to bots. I regret that now, as players can't help you by selling theirs off, and the drop rate is already low for a fair amount of players. Myself included for the 3rd ones at least. An announcement before the "intended change" happened would've been nice. I actually think players would be a bit less mad / sad about it if they knew or was made aware beforehand. (I know I would've been at least) Because they could've either still saved the ones they had up until that point, or stocked up from the market or whatever before they were gone from being sellable.

For 2, It kinda ties in to the 1st part, the drop rate seems to already be low for a fair amount of players. So removing the option to sell them makes expanding even harder when the drop rate is low - again for some.

End post; I can understand majority complaints with this. If you take things into actual consideration and don't write it off as some players being a certain way or not seeing the bigger picture. --- No announcement,, the drop rate is already low for some, etc etc. Not saying each and every complaint is justified, but what I am saying is I can at least understand why some players are saying certain things about this or even have strong opinions towards it or about it - especially if it isn't slanderous/mean towards the company or other players. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion towards or against this, but I don't think invalidating what others are feeling about it is making things better either.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 06-26-21 at 10:18 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast