Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Blue Expansion Parts + New Expansions - 2021 Apr 23

Rhino Keeper
    My earlier post was on 6/26 and no new expansion part drops. Here it is 6/29 and still not one drop. Lots of stuff I have no use for because I’ve got plenty of cash. Not buying gems never buying gems. Moderators: stop claiming there are random drops on plane deliveries for new expansion parts. Say nothing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by KojiMama View Post
    My earlier post was on 6/26 and no new expansion part drops. Here it is 6/29 and still not one drop. Lots of stuff I have no use for because I?ve got plenty of cash. Not buying gems never buying gems. Moderators: stop claiming there are random drops on plane deliveries for new expansion parts. Say nothing instead.
    I totally agree..it's absolutely ridiculous! No way in you know what will I ever spend a gem on an expansion....who does that in a game??? Stop the greed and figure something else out or tons of people will leave, myself included! Its an exhausting game to play! Stop taking the fun out please!

Side note. Need more feeders?geeze same amount since the beginning! Think Storm 8!
    Last edited by Lilliepaddd; 06-30-21 at 10:20 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Okay 7/4 and not one new expansion part. Start letting people sell them or increase the alleged ‘frequency’ of ‘random’ drops.

This is insane!!!! No blue expansion drops. Please respond Storm 8.

Rhino Keeper
    Interestingly enough exactly 30 minutes after this last event ended 9:30 pm EST I got my first new expansion drop. That is a programming change. That tells me no drops were happening because during this contest people were focused on sending more deliveries than usual for the event points. When there are a lot more deliveries it raises ‘random’ expansion part drops. The game doesn’t want that, clearly. But once the event ended they could release ‘random’ drops of the new parts because people weren’t as concerned about getting as many shipments out as possible. So far I’ve gotten two new parts where for weeks I’ve gotten absolutely none.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by KojiMama View Post
    Interestingly enough exactly 30 minutes after this last event ended 9:30 pm EST I got my first new expansion drop. That is a programming change. That tells me no drops were happening because during this contest people were focused on sending more deliveries than usual for the event points. When there are a lot more deliveries it raises ‘random’ expansion part drops. The game doesn’t want that, clearly. But once the event ended they could release ‘random’ drops of the new parts because people weren’t as concerned about getting as many shipments out as possible. So far I’ve gotten two new parts where for weeks I’ve gotten absolutely none.
    I'm quite sure you're right.
    -----------------
    Officially requesting no more ugly monkeys.

I did some deep diving on this today, so I can provide some context. As you can probably guess, we handle expansions in a grid layout structured by adjacency requirements (that is, you have to expand to a neighboring plot before you can expand to the plot behind it). I will collectively refer to the Holo Map, Online Listing, and Topography Chart as the Current Expansion Part Tier. In April, we released a set of 5 expansion plots. In May, we released another set of 5, and since then we've been deploying them at a steadier pace. I found that during events from May 5 to Jul 6, if you had already expanded to all of the April Expansions, then the current Expansion Part tier would no longer drop from the Warehouse. If you had only expanded to four out of the five April plots, or none at all, the Warehouse would have been supplying those parts as expected.

While an event is active, we overwrite what the Warehouse (and other structures) are capable of dropping. Therefore, this means that during the hours between events, the drop rate for the current tier of Expansion Parts was correct.

Moving forward, the drop rate for the current Expansion Part tier should be working as designed. This was a particularly difficult issue to narrow down, so we appreciate your forthright discussion on the forums and in your Support tickets, providing data points and personal experiences which were necessary to identify the root cause. We apologize for the frustration and certainly appreciate the patience you've shown with me and the rest of the team.

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    @ ExcalS8

I am now getting drops from the planes of the Current Expansion Part Tier
    Thank you for taking time to get to the bottom of this.
    Online Listing
    Topography Chart
    Holo Map
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    @ ExcalS8

I am now getting drops from the planes of the Current Expansion Part Tier
    Thank you for taking time to get to the bottom of this.
    Online Listing
    Topography Chart
    Holo Map
    If we can not buy blue expansion parts, S8 has to remove them rapidly from objects we choose to sell (Farmer market).
    Last edited by Moissonor; 07-09-21 at 12:17 PM.

Fashion Designer
    @ ExCal8 Thank you for providing context. Can you also speak to the older tier expansion parts? I?ve expanded close to the new expansion parts section so I am receiving those now. Can we finally get rid of the old original expansion parts without worrying if we?ll need them one day? I have hundreds in my Barn and I constantly have to sell other items so I have room for these original parts. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us know if these old parts will ever be needed again for players that have expanded to the new areas. If they are not needed, we could all sell them, clear out barns, and also help newer players retain interest in the game by giving them an opportunity to buy from us. Thank you.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast