Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Blue Expansion Parts + New Expansions - 2021 Apr 23

Executive Chef
    I'm not able to buy the for sale sign, new maps, survey machines anymore now. That's messed up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lillialove View Post
    Awful. Why is ever other expansion part able to be sold by not these? Also, I haven't seen a single part for the latest type of expansion in forever. I occupy all the space we've been given but that's never stopped them from continuing to provide the items.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetshop7 View Post
    I'm not able to buy the for sale sign, new maps, survey machines anymore now. That's messed up!!!
    Only the first set of expansion items for land can be bought and sold.

The last two sets can only be obtained by purchase or random drops from planes, not sure if they drop from pets, butterflies etc.
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post

The last two sets can only be obtained by purchase or random drops from planes, not sure if they drop from pets, butterflies etc.
    That's a really bad move. Nice thanks to the players. I think I'm done buying gems forever as a result of this. Way to respect your players, storm8.
    -----------------
    Officially requesting no more ugly monkeys.

Frankly I always wondered why they hadn?t done this sooner, since it was an obvious exploit. It takes a lot of the fun out of going shopping and seeing parts up for grabs, but I guess they need to make money too.

Making the last set of parts not buyable with gems is a bit of a strange move, but maybe they?re just trialling it, and will enable it back if there?s no gain.

I feel like this game has seen no real active code development going on, so maybe they have a maximum expansions limit (system limit). If that?s true they need to slow down and stretch out the third stage expansion process to keep long time players engaged.

Executive Chef
    Will possibly be next as well, though not as a (direct) result of this. @Fairyreserve

I think it's strange why only the 2 though. But I'm going to keep my mouth shut before I have more angry players knocking on my "virtual" door, maybe barn door in this case. Already have from a past post, don't care to have more. But even then, why stop the selling of any of them to begin with?

Regardless I don't know how this benefits anyone. That's how I was able to get the Holo Map, Topography Chart, Online Listings was by other players, or even off a secondary farm, as they dropped like madness there. On my main farm they never really drop

Off my exotic pets, I only receive the first expansion papers and the occasional tool. I do wish they would've lowered how many old (first) expansion papers drop to those who no longer need them. Or at least frequented the drop of the more newer ones.

I'm done with the first expansion papers, yet they drop the most in planes, trains, etc (on my main farm). Since I already struggled getting any of the 3rd set ones there, I'm going to struggle even more. I sent out a fair amount of planes between the last few days, received 1-10 of the old papers, and only 2-3 of the 3rd set of the newest ones (OL, HM, TC) out of at least 60 plane orders.

I wonder however, how those who relied on the market more to get those expansion papers are/will be taking it now. Am neighbours with one of them that never sent out planes (don't know the reason - as I never asked) but they got their expansion papers off the market, but now will be forced to actually send out planes to get them currently. Hopefully not permanent, but if so, that they (Storm8) do actually increase or at least offer the newer ones more than what they currently are, or at the very least by increasing the drop rate.

Rhino Keeper
    Luckily I got all my expansions done before they made this change. Since then I haven’t seen a single new one not even in deliveries. But I get plenty of the **** ones I currently can’t use for anything and waste my time having to sell because they take up valuable space in my barn. What’s the answer to every question? Money. To buy gems. Which I have never done and will never do.

Executive Chef
    Wow, well I REFUSE to spend gems to buy these expansion parts that should still be sold for coins! Depending on how many papers you need, it could cost in the thousands to expand just to one spot.. man... Come on now! That's alot of gems! I already spend enough money on this game to buy pets, etc. (My choice) but I will not be spending them on papers. No way. Absolutely refuse. Just think it could cost around $60 (if bought on sale) just to expand to one spot especially if you don't have many papers for that spot. Hopefully I can get some from deliveries or I won't be able to expand. Why is it that the first set that most people do not need anymore can still be sold, but the ones we still need that majority people are trying to expand to, storm8 decides to stop letting us by them in the shop. That's just not right.

Executive Chef
    This is sad, but thanks for letting me know Judy

Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Frankly I always wondered why they hadn?t done this sooner, since it was an obvious exploit. It takes a lot of the fun out of going shopping and seeing parts up for grabs, but I guess they need to make money too.

Making the last set of parts not buyable with gems is a bit of a strange move, but maybe they?re just trialling it, and will enable it back if there?s no gain.

I feel like this game has seen no real active code development going on, so maybe they have a maximum expansions limit (system limit). If that?s true they need to slow down and stretch out the third stage expansion process to keep long time players engaged.
    You can buy with gems the last parts if I click on the ones not expanded I can use my gems.
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rhino Keeper
    So I see there’s another strip of land available but no sign up yet allowing us to see what it takes to expand to it. When is that going to happen?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast