View Poll Results: Do you prefer Regular Pets or Exotic Pets? Please choose the option for your platform

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • iOS: I prefer Regular Pets

27 79.41%
  • iOS: I prefer Exotic Pets

2 5.88%
  • Android: I prefer Regular Pets

5 14.71%
  • Android: I prefer Exotic Pets

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer Regular Pets or Exotic Pets?

Do you prefer Regular Pets or Exotic Pets?

Hi all,

With the game featuring more exotic pet prizes recently, the Farm 2 mod team thought that we would gather some feedback to see which type of pets players liked better!

We've also created an anonymous poll! Please vote according to your platform. The poll is split up according to platform since regular pets work differently on each. Please note that you can only respond once and cannot change your response after submitting. (If you are viewing the poll on a mobile device, click on the "Full Page" option on the bottom of the page to display the poll.)

In case you are new to the game, or just returning after a long hiatus, I've gathered a quick summary of the pet types and some pros and cons of each.

Regular Pets are the original type of pets that were introduced very early in the game. They can move around and require regular pet feed. After 5 hours, you can collect from them to win premium rewards such as parts, coins, and even gems! Regular pets, however, require a habitat that takes up 9 squares. You can fit 3 pets in each habitat. They are storable on iOS.

Exotic Pets (originally referred to as Super Plant Pets) were added later on in 2018. These pets do not move around and stay in one spot. They require a different type of pet feed and take 12 hours to be ready to collect from, however they reward the same prizes as regular pets. While Exotic Pets take up less space (so far, all of them have either taken up 1 square or 4 squares), they cannot be stored on either platform.

Do you have an idea for a new type of pet that you would like to see in the game? Would you like to see an Exotic Pet Storage Stable for gems? Any ideas for changes to the two existing types of pets? Anything else regarding pets? Feel free to leave your feedback and suggestions here!

Make sure to be constructive, respect everyone's opinions, and follow the forum rules.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    I voted, but I will post why I voted what I did.

I prefer exotics, simply because they don't require a habitat that's a 3x3. They only require a 1x1 space, sometimes a 2x2.
    And, they can double as a decoration. I prefer flytraps the most out of any exotics, specifically. Not that it matters, but if someone wants me to spend money, that's a way to get me to.

My only complaint or downside to exotics is the fact they cannot be stored, and some are seasonal or hint at a particular season. I took out my winter exotics because someone wanted me to, I was thinking they were a decoration or sorts (I was half asleep half awake when I did so, so to be fair it is my fault) but anyway, I realised to late that they were exotics, so now I am stuck with a permanete winter section on my farm as they cannot be stored.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 04-19-21 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    I voted, but I will post why I voted what I did.

I prefer exotics, simply because they don't require a habitat that's a 3x3. They only require a 1x1 space, sometimes a 2x2.
    And, they can double as a decoration. I prefer flytraps the most out of any exotics, specifically. Not that it matters, but if someone wants me to spend money, that's a way to get me to.

My only complaint or downside to exotics is the fact they cannot be stored, and some are seasonal or hint at a particular season. I took out my winter exotics because someone wanted me to, I was thinking they were a decoration or sorts (I was half asleep half awake when I did so, so to be fair it is my fault) but anyway, I realised to late that they were exotics, so now I am stuck with a permanete winter section on my farm as they cannot be stored.

Either way, I do like how they're (Storm8) is wanting player feedback of sorts or opinions on things, in a way. They usually never do this, at least not like this.
    Mods don’t work for Storm8, but I’m glad you liked this. After we get a few more poll responses, I was planning on sending the poll results over to S8.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Fashion Designer
    Hey Paul, I think the poll choice for Android has regular twice. I think you meant the 2nd one to be exotic?

I prefer regular, cuz half the fun is achieving the fun creatures roaming around. I like how they move and I teract w/each other, and their habitats are fun and sweet. I also love the artistry. The exotics just sit there. I do appreciate that the exotics give parts and gems like regular ones do... But I'm working hard to make coins so I can wxpa d so I can make room for dens and habitats so I can have moving pets. I consider exotics like glorified decorations. They just don't give me the same sense of fun.

I love that the newest birds and bat's really fly!

OK here are some ideas for new real pets (over exotics), and my apologies if any of these happened either before my time or while I took a break last year!

Giraffe ��
    Ocapi (only relative of the giraffe)
    Polar bear
    Dodo bird ��
    Ostrich / emu
    Pangolin
    Platypus
    Armadillo
    Schnauzer
    Fairies ��
    Peacock ��
    I will never say no to more unicorns! ��
    More aliens �� (I missed this while on a break, d'oh!)
    Landshark�� ("Candygram..." hahaha) (OK kidding on that one. Mostly)

I get how hard it must be to keep this new and not recycle ideas. Thank you for everything, Stormtroopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    Hey Paul, I think the poll choice for Android has regular twice. I think you meant the 2nd one to be exotic?

I prefer regular, cuz half the fun is achieving the fun creatures roaming around. I like how they move and I teract w/each other, and their habitats are fun and sweet. I also love the artistry. The exotics just sit there. I do appreciate that the exotics give parts and gems like regular ones do... But I'm working hard to make coins so I can wxpa d so I can make room for dens and habitats so I can have moving pets. I consider exotics like glorified decorations. They just don't give me the same sense of fun.

OK here are some ideas for new real pets (over exotics), and my apologies if any of these happened either before my time or while I took a break last year!

Giraffe ��
    Polar bear
    Dodo bird ��
    Ostrich / emu
    Pangolin
    Platypus
    Armadillo
    Schnauzer
    Fairies ��
    Peacock ��

I get how hard it must be to keep this new and not recycle ideas. Thank you for everything, Stormtroopers!
    Thanks for letting me know. I’ve fixed the issue. Feel free to vote if you haven’t already now that it is fixed. Sorry about that, this is my first time creating a public poll.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Mods don?t work for Storm8, After we get a few more poll responses, I was planning on sending the poll results over to S8.
    Yeah, I know mods don't work for storm8, I guess I just thought storm8 wanted this information and poll made. But obviously, this isn't the case - like I may have thought at first. To be fair though, you made it clear it wasn't made by them, so I really don't know why I thought it was. Though still a good way to get player feedback or opinions, even if not directly made by them.

Either way, hopefully they take the feedback from the polls and even the posts, from whichever mod(s) that sends it to them. And will do both equally rather than do more regular pets over exotics or vice versa, and that they actually try to evenly spread both types of pets throughout a leaderboard or an event as much as possible or when that opportunity is available and presents itself. Say like the event where you collect from the Collections Gallery Turn-in events. Last gallery event had 2 exotics and no regular pets, instead of doing 2 regulars or 2 exotics, they should have 1 be regular and 1 be exotic in that type of event. I think they could please both sides and preferences as much as possible that way.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 04-19-21 at 02:54 PM.

Executive Chef
    I have not put any of my Exotic Pets out for the same reason as TwixAndScone's complaint: they cannot be stored. If they could be stored, then most likely I would be swapping them in and out in the same way that I do the regular pets.

What, precisely, do you mean by an "Exotic Pet Storage Stable"? Before that, how about just the ability to sort out all the pets and their habitats from the Cellar? Unless something has changed since I last played (which has been a while because of an overabundance of offline work), pets still cannot be sorted out into a separate building or menu...something I have been advocating for, for quite a while now.

A new type of pet? Hmm...how about a Visiting Pet? We can visit our neighbor's farms and collect hearts from them. How about letting our pets do the same? Both of us would need a special habitat (maybe call it "Lost and Found"). We can house up to 3 special visiting pets in this Habitat (such pets identified with an envelope icon), and once we feed them, they will disappear from our farms for a while--maybe 2-3 hours?--to go and visit a neighbor's farm (or 2 or 3). They'll drop off a random item with the neighbor and bring one back...might be a tool, might be a crop, might be a basic item (something that only requires one step for crafting from raw materials, like a Biscuit or Dark Chocolate, not something that would require two steps like milk chocolate, which requires sugar to be crafted first). If we are on our farms when a neighbor's pet arrives, we can perhaps choose what item to send back with the pet--including higher-step items; if not, the pet can leave its item behind at the "Lost and Found" and return with a random basic item to its owner's farm.

I prefer regular pets. They have more animations, can be stored and it's easier just creating one type of feed. I only have a handful of farm themed, non-festive exotic pets out and I leave them fed but not collected since their waiting to be collected animation is more interesting (eg. the koala is actually there and it's not just a tree stump). They're basically better "decorations" than the run of the mill decorations. Often I'll queue an exotic pet feed when I realise I need one (accidental tap), but then have to work through a backlog of regular feed before I get to it. I will avoid putting more out until I have the ability to store them again afterward (but the recent baby ones were just too cute). One more vote for that exotic pet barn/stable (even if it will cost gems)!

I understand why the exotic pets exist; players are running out of space and the exotic pets take up less space... however the fact you can't store them makes managing limited space more complicated. If space is an issue, maybe release some one (or even 4) square regular pet habitats? I'm sure those will go down very well since you would be putting three pets on one square! Or you could bump up existing pet habitats so they can hold more than three pets (there's space in the screen UI), even if this is through a gem costing upgrade option (like Dragon Story or Fantasy Forest story). I don't think anyone would mind if there's zero change to the appearance of an upgraded habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post

Giraffe ��
    Polar bear
    Dodo bird ��
    Ostrich / emu
    Pangolin
    Platypus
    Armadillo
    Schnauzer
    Fairies ��
    Peacock ��

They did a dodo (and a valentines day version more recently). It's got a very funny waddle. Maybe keep an eye out for more festive versions. They had a fairy but it's not as pretty as I was hoping, although the cupid version is quite cute. There's a peacock decoration, so it shouldn't be hard for them to create a peacock pet one day. That is a great idea and I would put that pet out (whereas I keep the decorations stored).

The flying pets are my favourite too! So glad someone thought to make them fly low, if they can't fly through the sky.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    A new type of pet? Hmm...how about a Visiting Pet? We can visit our neighbor's farms and collect hearts from them. How about letting our pets do the same? Both of us would need a special habitat (maybe call it "Lost and Found"). We can house up to 3 special visiting pets in this Habitat (such pets identified with an envelope icon), and once we feed them, they will disappear from our farms for a while--maybe 2-3 hours?--to go and visit a neighbor's farm (or 2 or 3). They'll drop off a random item with the neighbor and bring one back...might be a tool, might be a crop, might be a basic item (something that only requires one step for crafting from raw materials, like a Biscuit or Dark Chocolate, not something that would require two steps like milk chocolate, which requires sugar to be crafted first). If we are on our farms when a neighbor's pet arrives, we can perhaps choose what item to send back with the pet--including higher-step items; if not, the pet can leave its item behind at the "Lost and Found" and return with a random basic item to its owner's farm.
    Love this idea! It would add a big social element to the game by letting established players "share" rare pets with newer players. Gives you a reason to make neighbours and maintain those relationships. Would also let new players "try before you buy" pets, which might increase sales of older pets when they go on sale.

Rhino Keeper
    I like regular pets a little bit more only for the animation, but as an android player it sucks they can't be stored. I have a lot of pets in the cellar, it would be nice to rotate them.

I also don't take out the exotic pets out of the cellar because usually they are seasonal. Right now I'm stuck with a Christmas present in my farm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast